Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Connect HD558 to Titanium HD via RCA (3.5mm Female to 2x RCA Male) or 3.5mm headphone jack directly?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Connect HD558 to Titanium HD via RCA (3.5mm Female to 2x RCA Male) or 3.5mm headphone jack directly?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

Hi. I spent hours reading up on my sound card. I understand the DAC of the soundcard are quite decent. But I'm confused on which way would I benefit most from for listening through my HD558? Does the 3.5mm headphone jack and RCA has the same impedance output? Please correct me if i'm wrong cos I'm a noob. :o 


Edited by soundy08 - 10/8/13 at 6:32pm
post #2 of 7

I'm fairly sure you want to hook up headphones to the Titanium HD's headphone jack.

Or for better audio quality, spend a $100 for the Schiit Magni headphone amplifier and connect the Magni to the RCA outputs on the Titanium HD, plug headphones into Magni.

post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 

Thanks PurpleAngel.

 

If I hook up the RCA on TiHD to Magni, then would I need to reconnect when I want to listen from my speaker?

 

Would you recommend if I use 3.5mm headphone jack convert to RCA > Magni, and I remain the connection to my speaker from RCA output on TiHD or vice versa?


Edited by soundy08 - 10/8/13 at 6:42pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundy08 View Post
 

Thanks PurpleAngel.

 

If I hook up the RCA on TiHD to Magni, then would I need to reconnect when I want to listen from my speaker?

 

Would you recommend if I use 3.5mm headphone jack convert to RCA > Magni, and I remain the connection to my speaker from RCA output on TiHD or vice versa?

If you were going to use an amplifier and speakers on the T-HD's RCA jack, then you would have to switch the RCA connection, when going back and fourth between them.

 

When you plug anything into the T-HD's headphone jack, it automatically cuts off the RCA jacks, so you would have to unplug whatever is plugged into the headphone jack, when you want to use the speakers.

 

You could try a Bravo Ocean, it's a headphone amplifier with a separate line-out, plug it into the RCAs and you can leave both hooked up, to the Bravo Ocean.

 

Or just swap out the Ti-HB for a $100 Sound Blaster Z.

post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 

Thank you! I glad that I found this forum. :)

post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post
 

I'm fairly sure you want to hook up headphones to the Titanium HD's headphone jack.

Or for better audio quality, spend a $100 for the Schiit Magni headphone amplifier and connect the Magni to the RCA outputs on the Titanium HD, plug headphones into Magni.

 

Why do you recommend plugging the Magni to the RCA outputs instead of the headphone jack? Also, wouldn't using the RCA prevent you from receiving any 3D or 5.1 effects vs the headphone jack?

 

Also, can anyone answer the OP's initial question regarding the output impedance between the headphone jack vs the RCA?


Edited by Solarium - 11/11/13 at 6:44pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarium View Post
 

 

Why do you recommend plugging the Magni to the RCA outputs instead of the headphone jack? Also, wouldn't using the RCA prevent you from receiving any 3D or 5.1 effects vs the headphone jack?

 

Also, can anyone answer the OP's initial question regarding the output impedance between the headphone jack vs the RCA?

no you do not lose the 3D effects threw the TI-HD RCA's 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Connect HD558 to Titanium HD via RCA (3.5mm Female to 2x RCA Male) or 3.5mm headphone jack directly?