I love my 8.As, but I'm very tempted by the new Kaiser 10. Awesome review! Any news on the new silicone models?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productNoble Audio Kaiser 10tagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade cable for Noble K10? Last post on 6/15/14 at 7:01am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Is it bad to jump straight into expensive customs? Last post on 6/27/14 at 12:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SE846 vs Roxanne universal Last post on 8/28/14 at 12:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Noble audio k10 or unique melody mentor? Last post on 6/22/14 at 2:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which CIEM is the most realistic and accurate with most details(most revealing)? Last post on 6/21/14 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
[Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Joker has a 4S and Brian over at Audio-Head.com has a 5S. Reviews coming from those two soon.
Fantastic! Much to my fiancée's regret, I see another pair of CIEMs on the horizon. Just have to wait and see the reviews of the silicone models to decide which new one it'll be. :-) Definitely going to be supporting Noble, though!
My CIEMs that protrude the furthest are my CT-500 and quite honestly, I think I prefer that. They're much easier/faster to remove than my JH13s or Pro 330s.
Are there many people who want to sleep on their sides with expensive high end CIEMs in their ears?
For me, at least, my ear canals change shape just enough to not be comfortable for extended listening periods when I'm on my side. It's much more comfortable to be on my back, and most comfortable to be sitting up, just like I was when my impressions were taken.
I find it hurts to sleep for extended period while laying on the side and wearing a typical full shell CIEM. I use the little Cosmic Ears BA2 dual driver model which is just in-canal only, and it doesn't hurt most of the time. And if I somehow ruin it in my sleep, it's not a massive investment lost.
I already have a universal 5 so I went with the K10 instead of the 5 silicone but that is still really tempting... I fit the 5.0 with foam tips nearly as deep as a ciem anyways.
Out of curiosity, why does the silicone line not have an equivalent to the k10? I had silicone tips for my W4 several years back and found the gel like finish helped the iem to mould to the ear for better isolation.
I think it's near impossible to make something as complex as the K10 in a semi-flexible silicone shell. Or maybe it's because of the winds on Saturn and how they affect the rocks on racetrack playa. Maybe someone from the Noble team can share the reasons?
I had the UM Merlin and I still have (and love) the 8.A. The Merlin had a more forward presentation than the 8.A but the 8.A has tighter bass and more details (even though you have to listen for them) than the Merlin. The presentation of the K10 is more forward than the 8.A and detail retrieval is unparalleled. I think the K10 might be just the thing for you...
I believe that's the reason. SE5way was the only 5BA ciem in silicone earpiece and I can understand from my clear earpieces, putting more BA is quite impossible. Well now that we have The Wizard again maybe he can cast a magic on those earpieces too
I would love to try a silicone IEM but it would be rather silly for me to sink $1300 into a 5S just to try silicone - especially with the 8.A and the K10 already in my arsenal.
AmberOzl, how about you take one for the team and order the K10 so you can share your thoughts? I know the SE5 is the top dog silicone ciem on the planet, so a comparison seems in order!
Edit: In all seriousness, we really need a SE 5-way owner to review the 5S. Neutral TOTL vs. fun-sounding newcomer. Should be fun!
Edited by Sorensiim - 10/8/13 at 12:00am
- [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) 48 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 55 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › hd650 enquiry 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic t51p vs Sennheiser Momentum - advise appreciated? 3 minutes ago
- › Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus! 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)