I love my 8.As, but I'm very tempted by the new Kaiser 10. Awesome review! Any news on the new silicone models?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productNoble Audio Kaiser 10tagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade cable for Noble K10? Last post on 6/15/14 at 7:01am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
- Is it bad to jump straight into expensive customs? Last post on 6/27/14 at 12:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SE846 vs Roxanne universal Last post on 7/26/14 at 11:04pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Noble audio k10 or unique melody mentor? Last post on 6/22/14 at 2:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which CIEM is the most realistic and accurate with most details(most revealing)? Last post on 6/21/14 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
[Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Joker has a 4S and Brian over at Audio-Head.com has a 5S. Reviews coming from those two soon.
Fantastic! Much to my fiancée's regret, I see another pair of CIEMs on the horizon. Just have to wait and see the reviews of the silicone models to decide which new one it'll be. :-) Definitely going to be supporting Noble, though!
My CIEMs that protrude the furthest are my CT-500 and quite honestly, I think I prefer that. They're much easier/faster to remove than my JH13s or Pro 330s.
Are there many people who want to sleep on their sides with expensive high end CIEMs in their ears?
For me, at least, my ear canals change shape just enough to not be comfortable for extended listening periods when I'm on my side. It's much more comfortable to be on my back, and most comfortable to be sitting up, just like I was when my impressions were taken.
I find it hurts to sleep for extended period while laying on the side and wearing a typical full shell CIEM. I use the little Cosmic Ears BA2 dual driver model which is just in-canal only, and it doesn't hurt most of the time. And if I somehow ruin it in my sleep, it's not a massive investment lost.
I already have a universal 5 so I went with the K10 instead of the 5 silicone but that is still really tempting... I fit the 5.0 with foam tips nearly as deep as a ciem anyways.
Out of curiosity, why does the silicone line not have an equivalent to the k10? I had silicone tips for my W4 several years back and found the gel like finish helped the iem to mould to the ear for better isolation.
I think it's near impossible to make something as complex as the K10 in a semi-flexible silicone shell. Or maybe it's because of the winds on Saturn and how they affect the rocks on racetrack playa. Maybe someone from the Noble team can share the reasons?
I had the UM Merlin and I still have (and love) the 8.A. The Merlin had a more forward presentation than the 8.A but the 8.A has tighter bass and more details (even though you have to listen for them) than the Merlin. The presentation of the K10 is more forward than the 8.A and detail retrieval is unparalleled. I think the K10 might be just the thing for you...
I believe that's the reason. SE5way was the only 5BA ciem in silicone earpiece and I can understand from my clear earpieces, putting more BA is quite impossible. Well now that we have The Wizard again maybe he can cast a magic on those earpieces too
I would love to try a silicone IEM but it would be rather silly for me to sink $1300 into a 5S just to try silicone - especially with the 8.A and the K10 already in my arsenal.
AmberOzl, how about you take one for the team and order the K10 so you can share your thoughts? I know the SE5 is the top dog silicone ciem on the planet, so a comparison seems in order!
Edit: In all seriousness, we really need a SE 5-way owner to review the 5S. Neutral TOTL vs. fun-sounding newcomer. Should be fun!
Edited by Sorensiim - 10/8/13 at 12:00am
- [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again
- › Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement 6 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR XB500 drivers plus cable 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP100 5 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 6 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › 7/26/14 Seattle Redhook Meet impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)