I love my 8.As, but I'm very tempted by the new Kaiser 10. Awesome review! Any news on the new silicone models?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productNoble Audio Kaiser 10tagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- Noble K-10? Enough Bass? Last post on 1/11/15 at 6:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship | discussion thread Last post on 7/31/15 at 10:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 71 IEM Brief Review thread (incl. Rhine Monitors, Cleartune, CustomArt) Last post on 6/10/15 at 9:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What's the best 10 driver universal IEM right now? Last post on 12/7/14 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff. Last post on 5/13/15 at 12:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
[Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Joker has a 4S and Brian over at Audio-Head.com has a 5S. Reviews coming from those two soon.
Fantastic! Much to my fiancée's regret, I see another pair of CIEMs on the horizon. Just have to wait and see the reviews of the silicone models to decide which new one it'll be. :-) Definitely going to be supporting Noble, though!
My CIEMs that protrude the furthest are my CT-500 and quite honestly, I think I prefer that. They're much easier/faster to remove than my JH13s or Pro 330s.
Are there many people who want to sleep on their sides with expensive high end CIEMs in their ears?
For me, at least, my ear canals change shape just enough to not be comfortable for extended listening periods when I'm on my side. It's much more comfortable to be on my back, and most comfortable to be sitting up, just like I was when my impressions were taken.
I find it hurts to sleep for extended period while laying on the side and wearing a typical full shell CIEM. I use the little Cosmic Ears BA2 dual driver model which is just in-canal only, and it doesn't hurt most of the time. And if I somehow ruin it in my sleep, it's not a massive investment lost.
I already have a universal 5 so I went with the K10 instead of the 5 silicone but that is still really tempting... I fit the 5.0 with foam tips nearly as deep as a ciem anyways.
Out of curiosity, why does the silicone line not have an equivalent to the k10? I had silicone tips for my W4 several years back and found the gel like finish helped the iem to mould to the ear for better isolation.
I think it's near impossible to make something as complex as the K10 in a semi-flexible silicone shell. Or maybe it's because of the winds on Saturn and how they affect the rocks on racetrack playa. Maybe someone from the Noble team can share the reasons?
I had the UM Merlin and I still have (and love) the 8.A. The Merlin had a more forward presentation than the 8.A but the 8.A has tighter bass and more details (even though you have to listen for them) than the Merlin. The presentation of the K10 is more forward than the 8.A and detail retrieval is unparalleled. I think the K10 might be just the thing for you...
I believe that's the reason. SE5way was the only 5BA ciem in silicone earpiece and I can understand from my clear earpieces, putting more BA is quite impossible. Well now that we have The Wizard again maybe he can cast a magic on those earpieces too
I would love to try a silicone IEM but it would be rather silly for me to sink $1300 into a 5S just to try silicone - especially with the 8.A and the K10 already in my arsenal.
AmberOzl, how about you take one for the team and order the K10 so you can share your thoughts? I know the SE5 is the top dog silicone ciem on the planet, so a comparison seems in order!
Edit: In all seriousness, we really need a SE 5-way owner to review the 5S. Neutral TOTL vs. fun-sounding newcomer. Should be fun!
Edited by Sorensiim - 10/8/13 at 12:00am
- [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Mango (Stock Firmware) 2 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 2 minutes ago
- › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo... 2 minutes ago
- › Amp for Magnat LZR 980 3 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 4 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @... 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › is it ok to like gaming headsets for voice comms during... 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2