I love my 8.As, but I'm very tempted by the new Kaiser 10. Awesome review! Any news on the new silicone models?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productNoble Audio Kaiser 10tagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- Noble K-10? Enough Bass? Last post on 1/11/15 at 6:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship | discussion thread Last post on 4/16/15 at 6:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 71 IEM Brief Review thread (incl. Rhine Monitors, Cleartune, CustomArt) Last post on 4/16/15 at 5:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What's the best 10 driver universal IEM right now? Last post on 12/7/14 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Tales from the Batcave - Me and my friends review stuff. Last post on 4/10/15 at 9:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
[Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Joker has a 4S and Brian over at Audio-Head.com has a 5S. Reviews coming from those two soon.
Fantastic! Much to my fiancée's regret, I see another pair of CIEMs on the horizon. Just have to wait and see the reviews of the silicone models to decide which new one it'll be. :-) Definitely going to be supporting Noble, though!
My CIEMs that protrude the furthest are my CT-500 and quite honestly, I think I prefer that. They're much easier/faster to remove than my JH13s or Pro 330s.
Are there many people who want to sleep on their sides with expensive high end CIEMs in their ears?
For me, at least, my ear canals change shape just enough to not be comfortable for extended listening periods when I'm on my side. It's much more comfortable to be on my back, and most comfortable to be sitting up, just like I was when my impressions were taken.
I find it hurts to sleep for extended period while laying on the side and wearing a typical full shell CIEM. I use the little Cosmic Ears BA2 dual driver model which is just in-canal only, and it doesn't hurt most of the time. And if I somehow ruin it in my sleep, it's not a massive investment lost.
I already have a universal 5 so I went with the K10 instead of the 5 silicone but that is still really tempting... I fit the 5.0 with foam tips nearly as deep as a ciem anyways.
Out of curiosity, why does the silicone line not have an equivalent to the k10? I had silicone tips for my W4 several years back and found the gel like finish helped the iem to mould to the ear for better isolation.
I think it's near impossible to make something as complex as the K10 in a semi-flexible silicone shell. Or maybe it's because of the winds on Saturn and how they affect the rocks on racetrack playa. Maybe someone from the Noble team can share the reasons?
I had the UM Merlin and I still have (and love) the 8.A. The Merlin had a more forward presentation than the 8.A but the 8.A has tighter bass and more details (even though you have to listen for them) than the Merlin. The presentation of the K10 is more forward than the 8.A and detail retrieval is unparalleled. I think the K10 might be just the thing for you...
I believe that's the reason. SE5way was the only 5BA ciem in silicone earpiece and I can understand from my clear earpieces, putting more BA is quite impossible. Well now that we have The Wizard again maybe he can cast a magic on those earpieces too
I would love to try a silicone IEM but it would be rather silly for me to sink $1300 into a 5S just to try silicone - especially with the 8.A and the K10 already in my arsenal.
AmberOzl, how about you take one for the team and order the K10 so you can share your thoughts? I know the SE5 is the top dog silicone ciem on the planet, so a comparison seems in order!
Edit: In all seriousness, we really need a SE 5-way owner to review the 5S. Neutral TOTL vs. fun-sounding newcomer. Should be fun!
Edited by Sorensiim - 10/8/13 at 12:00am
- [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 8 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 15 seconds ago
- › TEAC UD-301 45 seconds ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 1 minute ago
- › Star Wars Battlefront 1 minute ago
- › No balanced! WHY?!! 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 vs Senn HD800 1 minute ago
- › Eddie Current's upcoming SS amp called Red Top ?! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2