I love my 8.As, but I'm very tempted by the new Kaiser 10. Awesome review! Any news on the new silicone models?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productNoble Audio Kaiser 10tagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on Today at 8:00 am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Need advice: noble K10 vs JH roxanne Last post on 4/10/14 at 5:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a dac/amp for CIem Last post on 1/13/14 at 7:20am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Noble K10 vs JH Roxannes Last post on 4/1/14 at 10:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW]: Noble Audio Kaiser 10: 10-driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitor Last post on 4/12/14 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
[Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Joker has a 4S and Brian over at Audio-Head.com has a 5S. Reviews coming from those two soon.
Fantastic! Much to my fiancée's regret, I see another pair of CIEMs on the horizon. Just have to wait and see the reviews of the silicone models to decide which new one it'll be. :-) Definitely going to be supporting Noble, though!
My CIEMs that protrude the furthest are my CT-500 and quite honestly, I think I prefer that. They're much easier/faster to remove than my JH13s or Pro 330s.
Are there many people who want to sleep on their sides with expensive high end CIEMs in their ears?
For me, at least, my ear canals change shape just enough to not be comfortable for extended listening periods when I'm on my side. It's much more comfortable to be on my back, and most comfortable to be sitting up, just like I was when my impressions were taken.
I find it hurts to sleep for extended period while laying on the side and wearing a typical full shell CIEM. I use the little Cosmic Ears BA2 dual driver model which is just in-canal only, and it doesn't hurt most of the time. And if I somehow ruin it in my sleep, it's not a massive investment lost.
I already have a universal 5 so I went with the K10 instead of the 5 silicone but that is still really tempting... I fit the 5.0 with foam tips nearly as deep as a ciem anyways.
Out of curiosity, why does the silicone line not have an equivalent to the k10? I had silicone tips for my W4 several years back and found the gel like finish helped the iem to mould to the ear for better isolation.
I think it's near impossible to make something as complex as the K10 in a semi-flexible silicone shell. Or maybe it's because of the winds on Saturn and how they affect the rocks on racetrack playa. Maybe someone from the Noble team can share the reasons?
I had the UM Merlin and I still have (and love) the 8.A. The Merlin had a more forward presentation than the 8.A but the 8.A has tighter bass and more details (even though you have to listen for them) than the Merlin. The presentation of the K10 is more forward than the 8.A and detail retrieval is unparalleled. I think the K10 might be just the thing for you...
I believe that's the reason. SE5way was the only 5BA ciem in silicone earpiece and I can understand from my clear earpieces, putting more BA is quite impossible. Well now that we have The Wizard again maybe he can cast a magic on those earpieces too
I would love to try a silicone IEM but it would be rather silly for me to sink $1300 into a 5S just to try silicone - especially with the 8.A and the K10 already in my arsenal.
AmberOzl, how about you take one for the team and order the K10 so you can share your thoughts? I know the SE5 is the top dog silicone ciem on the planet, so a comparison seems in order!
Edit: In all seriousness, we really need a SE 5-way owner to review the 5S. Neutral TOTL vs. fun-sounding newcomer. Should be fun!
Edited by Sorensiim - 10/8/13 at 12:00am
- [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 25 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 1 minute ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › ALO Copper 22 - balanced mini 1 minute ago
- › JRiver.com 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob