Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again - Page 15

post #211 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcadoStalker7 View Post

How the Kaiser 10 will handle Metal?
I know it's a dumb question, but some headphones (full-size mostly) just can't handle the massive sub-bass of the double bass-drums playing with two guitars and growls in the same time.
No, even the "metalhead" can SR325is can't handle that. I think dynamic drivers are just, silly and slow... and I consider a good multi-driver BA like the Kaiser 10 for that and other music with a great amount of sub-bass and mid-bass, but not exaggerated.

Anyone tried Metal with the Kaiser 10?, at least Metallica?

 

 

I'm sort of a metal head. Not all the way though - I don't have the requisite long hair and black T-shirt with obscure band logo. But still....

 

K10 does a fantastic job with the bands I like. Over the past few weeks I've enjoyed Obscura, Metallica, Living Sacrifice, Iced Earth, King Diamond, Meshuggah, Blotted Science, Becoming the Archetype, Mastodon, Suicidal Tendencies, and quite a few others. The K10 keeps up with fast double-bass drums (I'm a drummer) like very few headphones or IEMs I've experienced. It's up there with my Stax rig in that aspect. 

 

The Grado sound in general can be fun for metal but not so much on a technical level. They do well with guitar crunch and have punchy bass in the 100Hz region, but that's about it. 

post #212 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post
 

 

 

I'm sort of a metal head. Not all the way though - I don't have the requisite long hair and black T-shirt with obscure band logo. But still....

 

K10 does a fantastic job with the bands I like. Over the past few weeks I've enjoyed Obscura, Metallica, Living Sacrifice, Iced Earth, King Diamond, Meshuggah, Blotted Science, Becoming the Archetype, Mastodon, Suicidal Tendencies, and quite a few others. The K10 keeps up with fast double-bass drums (I'm a drummer) like very few headphones or IEMs I've experienced. It's up there with my Stax rig in that aspect. 

 

The Grado sound in general can be fun for metal but not so much on a technical level. They do well with guitar crunch and have punchy bass in the 100Hz region, but that's about it. 

Oh, i was expecting that. Having 10 BA drivers obviously is more capable of what a single and poor dynamic driver can, in a tinny package :D

 

Thank you!

 

By the way, for FullCircle: a Custom IEM needs ''measurements'' of the ear, or not?

When i click to buy on the Kaiser 10 page the only thing i saw is the payment on Paypal, and nothing more.

I need to buy it first and then share my ''ear impressions'', or the Kaiser 10 is a soft of magical custom with ''universal'' design that fit on every ear?

Im lost! :(

post #213 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcadoStalker7 View Post

Oh, i was expecting that. Having 10 BA drivers obviously is more capable of what a single and poor dynamic driver can, in a tinny package biggrin.gif

Thank you!

By the way, for FullCircle: a Custom IEM needs ''measurements'' of the ear, or not?
When i click to buy on the Kaiser 10 page the only thing i saw is the payment on Paypal, and nothing more.
I need to buy it first and then share my ''ear impressions'', or the Kaiser 10 is a soft of magical custom with ''universal'' design that fit on every ear?
Im lost! frown.gif

You have to send in your ear impressions. Also please don't look down on dynamic drivers, they can create good sound too
post #214 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo898 View Post


You have to send in your ear impressions. Also please don't look down on dynamic drivers, they can create good sound too

But, HOW? -.-

Buy first and then send ear impressions is kind of non-sense.

Sorry, i don't know how that works.

post #215 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcadoStalker7 View Post
 

But, HOW? -.-

Buy first and then send ear impressions is kind of non-sense.

Sorry, i don't know how that works.

Yes, that's how it works.  Generally, you make the purchase on line, then send your ear impressions to Brannan at the address on the website (in California, I believe).  They get forwarded to China, and the production begins.  I suppose you could send ear impressions before making the purchase, but it makes more sense for them to get the impressions after they create a purchase order.  The lab will notify you when the impressions are received for production.


Edited by fiascogarcia - 7/19/14 at 7:52am
post #216 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcadoStalker7 View Post
 

Oh, i was expecting that. Having 10 BA drivers obviously is more capable of what a single and poor dynamic driver can, in a tinny package :D

 

Thank you!

 

By the way, for FullCircle: a Custom IEM needs ''measurements'' of the ear, or not?

When i click to buy on the Kaiser 10 page the only thing i saw is the payment on Paypal, and nothing more.

I need to buy it first and then share my ''ear impressions'', or the Kaiser 10 is a soft of magical custom with ''universal'' design that fit on every ear?

Im lost! :(

Worry not,as Fiascogarcia said you need to order 1st then sent the ear impression (you make ear impressions at audiologist or hearing aid clinic) to Brannan which is the customer service dude and then Brannan will sent the impressions to their factory in China,when the impressions arrive a representative will inform you and then the production begins.

 

 

Trust me,Noble got an awesome Customer service that responds very fast.

 

I just ordered my IEM during the sale and yesterday the production just begin and I can't wait! 


Edited by LemanRuss9 - 7/19/14 at 8:08am
post #217 of 267

Ok. Now i understand :p

Tenkiu!

Now i need the moni'

post #218 of 267
How about worm eaten wood.
post #219 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by toears View Post

How about worm eaten wood.
?
A worm eated the wood of your 1599$ IEMs? confused_face_2.gif
post #220 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by toears View Post

How about worm eaten wood.


I think we may have spalted wood in stock, & that usually has worm holes as well
Edited by FullCircle - 7/24/14 at 7:34pm

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #221 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

I think we may have spalled wood in stock, & that usually has worm holes as well

What is the color of the spalled wood? However I should keep quiet, really.
post #222 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by toears View Post


What is the color of the spalled wood? However I should keep quiet, really.

 

He meant to say spalted and in our case we use a spalted tamarind that looks like this:

 

Brannan Mason

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #223 of 267
Sorry, google's auto-correction gave me results for spalted. I didn't notice😊
As for design and suggestions, I WILL keep quiet. BTW, it's getting kinda boring to read rewievs... All are 100% positive.
post #224 of 267

If I ordered the K10, which I intend to do in the next 2-3 months and I wanted the design that's pictured in Sorenslim's review pics, would it cost extra? I don't mean it necessarily has to be the exact same (and I doubt it would be anyway b/c it looks like one of a kind).

post #225 of 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripvanlink View Post

If I ordered the K10, which I intend to do in the next 2-3 months and I wanted the design that's pictured in Sorenslim's review pics, would it cost extra? I don't mean it necessarily has to be the exact same (and I doubt it would be anyway b/c it looks like one of a kind).

My guess is that it would be an extra $200 for a Wizard reprint.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again