I had to cancel my trip to Cologne last night, due to the fact that i ran out of rocket fuel. Why hasnt someone invented the teleport allready, or at least a timemachine. Well. I guess I'll just have to wait for my N4 to arrive. At least it's only two days now...
Btw, here is why I ended up ordering the Noble N4:
First of all i found the description of the sound signature as being spot on, according to my preferences in sound. I have had some time with the Heir 4.Ai in the past, and i thought they were a very capable and great sounding pair of IEMs, and i would probably have bought myself a pair, if it wasn't for the dip in the 5k frequency range, which really spoiled the fun for me. As soon as i discovered that this "issue" had been fixed on the N4, i was ready to pull the tricker on them.
I haven't heard the Heir 5.0, but as i understand, it has a lot of bass empassis compared to the Heir 4.Ai, and since the N5 is basically the same IEM as the Heir 5.0, and i prefer a more neutral sound signature, it didn't make much sense for me to go for the N5. Especially not with a higher pricetag than the N4.
I have to admit though that i was seriously considering the N6, at least until i saw it's pricetag. Then i realized that i wasn't willing to pay that much for the N6, and so i settled with the N4.
After reading some of the initial impressions of the N4 in this thread, i have no doubt that i have made the right decision, and i just can't wait for them to arrive. That being said i hope to get an opportunity to listen to the N6 and do some comparision with my N4. And when that time comes, i really hope that i will prefer my N4 over the N6, or at least to find that they aren't that much of an upgrade, to justify it's +$500 higher pricetag.
Edited by Rappo - 12/28/13 at 5:16am