Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 7

post #91 of 5085
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkokkid View Post
 

 

Nope, we will not be re-shelling universal products into custom products.


Dang. Thanks for the reply.

 

So now I have to decide if I should go for the 5C or spring for the 8C...

 

Project86, have you heard the 5.0 to compare to the 8C?

post #92 of 5085
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hejjafish View Post
 


Dang. Thanks for the reply.

 

So now I have to decide if I should go for the 5C or spring for the 8C...

 

Project86, have you heard the 5.0 to compare to the 8C?

 

Sorry, no experience with the 5.0 at all. If I recall correctly, the 5.0 was originally made as a sort of universal stand-in for the 8.A, which would be very difficult to fit. The sig was supposedly along the same lines as the 8.A though I don't know if we got a lot of people owning both to post their comparisons. Sorry I know that's not so helpful.

post #93 of 5085

Project86, you claim 8A is your favorite iem. Have you heard of the H200 (which costs ~1/4 of the 8A)? I have seen a lot of people sell their 8A for the H200 because apparently it sounds substantially better than it and it is also substantially cheaper. What are your thoughts?

post #94 of 5085

Actually, he's always preferred the JH13fp to the 8a and now likes the Noble 8c a bit more than either. I'd be interested in lot of people who did that swap since the H200 has been getting mostly good for price but some mixed reviews as well. I haven't heard either so no opinion on their sound. I do know that nothing is for everyone and that some folks have issues with customs and wish they didn't try them. Fit, cable connections from stress and trying things with larger pins, etc.


Edited by goodvibes - 10/15/13 at 12:04pm
post #95 of 5085
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious7 View Post
 

Project86, you claim 8A is your favorite iem. Have you heard of the H200 (which costs ~1/4 of the 8A)? I have seen a lot of people sell their 8A for the H200 because apparently it sounds substantially better than it and it is also substantially cheaper. What are your thoughts?

 

Actually the Noble 8C is my current favorite. Could that change tomorrow? Sure. Never heard the H200 or anything else from that brand. If someone prefers it to their more expensive CIEM, that's great for them. Personally I do a lot better with real custom molded designs - even the best fitting universals are substantially less comfortable to my ears. I do appreciate the fact that some people have trouble with CIEMs though, so I'm glad that Noble will be offering both types.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
 

Actually he's always preferred the JH13fp to the 8a and now likes the Noble 8c a bit more than either. I'd be interested in lot of people who did that swap since the H200 has been getting mostly good for price but some mixed reviews. I haven't heard either so no opinion on their sound.

 

Yep, I liked the ES5, JH13FP, and Heir 6.A LE the most. All for different reasons. Heir 8.A was just a small step behind, since it wasn't quite as "universal" as those models. But now the Noble 8C is the one I reach for first, regardless of genre. Again, it could change tomorrow, and I certainly still love the ES5, JH13FP, and Heir 6.A LE. 

post #96 of 5085

I'm spoiled as well and find my customs a lot more comfortable than any tips I try. Think the Grado/Ortofon the most comfortable of the universal tips. 

 

Yup as to what's best at a given time. I'm sure a few of these are close enough that cable matching etc can sway it and as I said earlier. If something is genuinely very good, nothing that comes after makes it less so.

 

It's nice that Noble has an upgrade cable as stock and it doesn't hurt that there is the make it gorgious option.


Edited by goodvibes - 10/15/13 at 12:32pm
post #97 of 5085
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
 

I'm spoiled as well and find my customs a lot more comfortable than any tips I try. Think the Grado/Ortofon the most comfortable of the universal tips. 

 

Yup as to what's best at a given time. I'm sure a few of these are close enough that cable matching etc can sway it and as I said earlier. If something is genuinely very good, nothing that comes after makes it less so.

 

It's nice that Noble has an upgrade cable as stock and it doesn't hurt that there is the make it gorgious option.

The supreme comfort is why I vastly prefer ciems to any other type of headphones. I wear mine for 6-8 hours a day, so I really need something that just "disappears" - only customs do that for me. 

post #98 of 5085
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

Sorry, no experience with the 5.0 at all. If I recall correctly, the 5.0 was originally made as a sort of universal stand-in for the 8.A, which would be very difficult to fit. The sig was supposedly along the same lines as the 8.A though I don't know if we got a lot of people owning both to post their comparisons. Sorry I know that's not so helpful.


Having both 5.0 and 8.A I can tell you that, to me, there is a difference. Both sound good. To my ears the 5.0 has clearer separation and a more mid forward sound. 8.A has a more ... complete sound, richer. The lows are deffinitely lower for the 8.a and the highs are crispier. Both sound better balanced - don't hit me - they just do to my ears. You can't go wrong with any of them - they sound similar as general direction. It's iem vs ciem, price cs price and clear versus rich ( and clear smily_headphones1.gif ).

Hope it helps a bit - I am just trying to say it how I hear it. I am not much of a reviewer, in case you hadn't noticed wink.gif
post #99 of 5085
Quote:
Originally Posted by bIack View Post

Having both 5.0 and 8.A I can tell you that, to me, there is a difference. Both sound good. To my ears the 5.0 has clearer separation and a more mid forward sound. 8.A has a more ... complete sound, richer. The lows are deffinitely lower for the 8.a and the highs are crispier. Both sound better balanced - don't hit me - they just do to my ears. You can't go wrong with any of them - they sound similar as general direction. It's iem vs ciem, price cs price and clear versus rich ( and clear smily_headphones1.gif ).

Hope it helps a bit - I am just trying to say it how I hear it. I am not much of a reviewer, in case you hadn't noticed wink.gif


I think u did a fine job

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #100 of 5085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

The supreme comfort is why I vastly prefer ciems to any other type of headphones. I wear mine for 6-8 hours a day, so I really need something that just "disappears" - only customs do that for me. 


+1, my reason exactly. I could never ever get a proper fit and seal with universals so forget about the sound and the comfort. Now I entered into a ciem world, geez guys I will never go back universals or full sized headphones. Ciems are all I need ;) Such comfort, such isolation. No problem at all (considering the ciem is crafted by talented people)

 

@project86, I wish you had SE5way reference, would like to hear your comparison against other TOTL ciems you have like Noble 8C, JH 13FP and all. Your reviews and impressions are always and always so valuable and informative mate.

post #101 of 5085
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

@project86, I wish you had SE5way reference, would like to hear your comparison against other TOTL ciems you have like Noble 8C, JH 13FP and all. Your reviews and impressions are always and always so valuable and informative mate.

And let's not forget the K10, nor Piotr's upcoming flagship. :D

post #102 of 5085

I wonder if there'll be any kind of sale for Black Friday.. tossing up between the JH13/16/Roxanne and the K10, though if JH have a sale and Noble don't I think the choice will be a bit easier.


Has anyone heard these compared to the newer JH13/16?

post #103 of 5085
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post
 

I wonder if there'll be any kind of sale for Black Friday.. tossing up between the JH13/16/Roxanne and the K10, though if JH have a sale and Noble don't I think the choice will be a bit easier.


Has anyone heard these compared to the newer JH13/16?

G44

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #104 of 5085
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
 

G44

 

:beyersmile:

post #105 of 5085

I can presume it does not have recessed ports? And what is the cosmetic grade glitter option?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!