or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 450

post #6736 of 23920
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkokkid View Post

After one of the craziest weeks in recent memory, the weekend is finally here and we will raise our glass to that! But first, photos.

Pictured here is a set of Wizard-designed Kaiser 10 in a beautiful merlot with 24K gold nugget throughout. The abalone faceplates have been colored to match the shell, however the edges were intentionally left untouched. The result is a border that depending on the light and viewing angle produces a rainbow of colors that serve to contrast the cool red center.


Take it easy this weekend folks, you've earned it!







Beautiful. Could I order this in a different color? This is a must have for me.
post #6737 of 23920
Must hide them from kids....

Noble creates a very big problem for me... how many K10 I have to order in order to get all these beauitful designs?! damn you Brannan, John, Kaiser and the team!!! Damn you!
post #6738 of 23920
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkokkid View Post

Pictured here is a set of Wizard-designed Kaiser 10 in a beautiful merlot with 24K gold nugget throughout

Stunning, truly a work of art.
post #6739 of 23920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
 

So, I hate to interrupt the fighting with something more relevant to the topic, but do the universals sound the same as the customs? (presuming you can get a good seal / fit on both)

You can read my brief impressions of the K10U vs. my K10 customs posted earlier in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/5730#post_10942973

 

-Darin

post #6740 of 23920

I've been taking photos today for upcoming reviews. Here are some shots specifically focussed on the faceplates of my K10s:

 

 

post #6741 of 23920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

I've been taking photos today for upcoming reviews. Here are some shots specifically focussed on the faceplates of my K10s:






Nice!

Australian? Did you buy direct, or from addictedtoaudio?
post #6742 of 23920

No. I bought direct from Noble

post #6743 of 23920
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkokkid View Post

 

 

 

This is definitely one of the best Wizard designs, ever! A very nice combination of colors and gloss. Good inspiration for my own K10. :smile:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

Makes you want to try to eat them... Look like candy... Lol

 

Harder than Jawbreakers too, I reckon. :D

post #6744 of 23920
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinf View Post
 

You can read my brief impressions of the K10U vs. my K10 customs posted earlier in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/5730#post_10942973

 

-Darin

 

Great impressions, Darin. It'll greatly help a friend who's more interested in the universal K10.

post #6745 of 23920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

 

Harder than Jawbreakers too, I reckon. :D

 

       

post #6746 of 23920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merloobi View Post

Beautiful. Could I order this in a different color? This is a must have for me.


Lavc53.42.0

G44

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #6747 of 23920
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinf View Post
 

You can read my brief impressions of the K10U vs. my K10 customs posted earlier in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/5730#post_10942973

 

-Darin

 

Thanks for the very relevant reply!

post #6748 of 23920
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post




 

Since I'm interested in a variation of the design it wouldn't count as a reprint right? My current understanding is that I would need to choose the Wizard design option and describe what I want. Thanks.

post #6749 of 23920

I am not entirely sure but I think I am having some minor channel imbalance issues with my unit (K10U). It's noticeable on some tracks. Can someone tell me how one tells whether there's an imbalance or not? Of course, I am still in the ''burn-in'' stage process, so maybe that has to do anything. 

post #6750 of 23920
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio187 View Post
 

I am not entirely sure but I think I am having some minor channel imbalance issues with my unit (K10U). It's noticeable on some tracks. Can someone tell me how one tells whether there's an imbalance or not? Of course, I am still in the ''burn-in'' stage process, so maybe that has to do anything. 

 

Run a linear sine sweep.

 

While doing so, you should-

Try different insertion depths.

Try different tips.

Try switching the earpieces to opposite ears, if possible.

Try the same on different IEMS.

 

If you're using an iPhone, I recommend AudioSigGen (free).

 

Software that can generate a sine sweep is also available on PC and on Android.

 

You can also find one or generate one on Audiocheck.net

 

Be aware that most IEMs have slight channel matching issues which will sound pretty drastic via a linear sine sweep, but will be practically unnoticeable when listening to music, but you say it's audible in music so....

 

Joker also mentioned recently in response to one of my posts that you can also try converting a couple of tracks to Mono and listening that way for channel imbalances.

 

If its a serious channel imbalance, I sincerely hope Noble will, at the least, look into it. AND if there is an issue, I would expect them to refund you return shipping if it's a manufacturer defect and still under warranty, you know cuz they pride themselves on doing the right thing for their customers, *ahem*.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!