or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 428

post #6406 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

What camera and lens do you guys use biggrin.gif

 

Everyone knows its all about the type of film.

post #6407 of 24096
I want blue carbon glass prestige... No, I need them. I don't even want to listen to them, I just want to stare at their beauty!!
post #6408 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post

 

Everyone knows its all about the type of film.

 



But it couldn't be Velvia!
post #6409 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

That's a life philosophy I follow for everything but audio gear. Being squashed in the subway or the bus, getting drunk, spilling drinks on myself, walking in rain or blizzard, working out in the gym is all stuff I don't do with expensive gear on. That't what daily beaters are for. It\s not like one can do any critical  listening or truly appreciate the superior sound in such conditions anyway.

That's fair. I wouldn't use gear not designed for sports during sporting activities too. That is an appropriateness issue. All I'm saying is don't lose out on experience, and the joy derived, because of fear. I know I know, it's hard when these damned K10s look so jaw droppingly good!
post #6410 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post
 

 

I've already discussed this with my wallet. He's not too happy, but I guess we can work something out. Must.. Resist.. :ph34r: 

 

You can tell your wallet (assuming he) that the money goes into a purse (assuming she). I believe the wallet will feel happy :D

post #6411 of 24096

I just received a brilliant new wav / flac player, but it's prone to hiss with my lowest impedance phones. Just wondering, have K10 owners found them to be revealing of hiss in devices (e.g. SE846 shows hiss on lots of gear) or does the higher impedance of the K10s make them better behaved? I'm really hoping the Shozy Alien player will go nicely with my K10s when they're here.

 

post #6412 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1975 View Post

I want blue carbon glass prestige... No, I need them. I don't even want to listen to them, I just want to stare at their beauty!!
Yup. I don't want to sound like a fanboy here, but they are really pretty works of art. Almost too good to use, even. Makes CIEMs a truly personal object of pride.
post #6413 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

Yup. I don't want to sound like a fanboy here, but they are really pretty works of art. Almost too good to use, even. Makes CIEMs a truly personal object of pride.

Agreed, they are works of art.
post #6414 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

I just received a brilliant new wav / flac player, but it's prone to hiss with my lowest impedance phones. Just wondering, have K10 owners found them to be revealing of hiss in devices (e.g. SE846 shows hiss on lots of gear) or does the higher impedance of the K10s make them better behaved? I'm really hoping the Shozy Alien player will go nicely with my K10s when they're here.

 

They K10 will play nice with almost anything BUT they will let you know if the output impedance is too high. As much as I loved the ergonomics of the Linum Bax cable, the 1,5ohm resistance changed the sound more than I liked, compared to the Noble cable. I couldn't find anything about the output impedance of the Alien, but since they list it as compatible with headphones from 8ohm, you should be good. @shigzeo has some words about it here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/733349/a-little-about-the-shozy-alien

post #6415 of 24096

Cool. Thanks Sorensiim. So long as it plays nicely without hissing, the Alien should be great because I'm comfortable (based on what I'm hearing) that the output impedance is low

post #6416 of 24096
Beautiful? Absolutely.
post #6417 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozato View Post

My Noble Prestige is here!

Prestige-01-resized_zps84f9eb59.jpg

 

Pretty! Looks like a nugget of a rare mineral. Probably sounds a whole lot better than one, too. :biggrin:

post #6418 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozato View Post

My Noble Prestige is here!
 

 

I'm wordless. They are beautiful!

post #6419 of 24096
Just wondering what after market cables are u guys using with your K10? Copper, silver or hybrid?
Edited by tjz1984 - 11/12/14 at 6:50am
post #6420 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjz1984 View Post

Just wondering what after market cables are u guys using with your K10? Copper, silver or hybrid?


My best result has been the DHC symbiote fusion, which is a silver/copper hybrid.  Seems to maximize the full frequency range.  Silver also sounds great, just decided to try the hybrid since I assumed they were tuned and distributed with an spc cable.  I went custom mostly to get a 5 ft. cable, plus I'm not crazy about memory wire.


Edited by fiascogarcia - 11/12/14 at 7:09am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!