or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 403

post #6031 of 23897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsy1 View Post

The Wagnus Sieve Sheep is made from a rare vintage copper wire from 1950, by a German company. It has 60 braided strands wrapped in a pinkish colored silk. It's tuned for a natural vinyl LP type sound and for detail

So how exactly does one tune a cable for a natural vinyl LP type sound? cool.gif
post #6032 of 23897
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
 

 

 

Thus far, there are only two Prestige CIEMs in the world.  One set owned by Jude, and the other owned by Brannan. Those sets are both made from "Wizard Wood" and both those sets are currently at a show in Japan.  (which makes providing non-professional photos shot via a phone pretty much non-feasable)

 

We have some ordered, and they are in the build process now. As more Prestige products are made, more pictures will be provided.

 

As far as what does the Prestige look like in Normal Ambient light.....

 

That is also determined by what type of material the Prestige is made from, IE  Solid Wood, (amboyna) Wizard Wood, Matrix, or Carbon Glass

 

 

Truth be known, all of the Prestige materials have had either CIEM or IEM face plates made from the available non-prestige CIEMs.

 

 

Examples:

 

 

Matrix

 

 


Matrix

 

 

Blue Carbon Glass

 


Red Carbon Glass

 

 

Amboyna

 

 

Wizard Wood

 

 

*

Wizard Wood

 

 


Wizard Wood

 

 

Amboyna

 

 

 

 

So essentially this is the situation....  

 

 

In the past, we have built a face plate out of a specific material (Wizard Wood, Matrix, Carbon Glass etc etc), with a "Prestige" we take that same face plate material, and carve out a entire CIEM  (shell & Face Plate) with the material.


If there are better looking earphones than these, I have not seen them. But taste is subjective, of course. Nevertheless, I recall a recent discourse on form and function; that to make truly great products in this day and age, form and function are one and the same. Dr Moulton, I hope you've invested the same level of attention to the engine as you did the aesthetics. Little wonder that there is still a buzz around the K10 a year and more on.

post #6033 of 23897
Quote:
Originally Posted by efftee View Post
 


If there are better looking earphones than these, I have not seen them. But taste is subjective, of course. Nevertheless, I recall a recent discourse on form and function; that to make truly great products in this day and age, form and function are one and the same. Dr Moulton, I hope you've invested the same level of attention to the engine as you did the aesthetics. Little wonder that there is still a buzz around the K10 a year and more on.

 

 

 

The reviews have been for the most part, positive. The K10 is currently the "Highest Rated" CIEM on head fi. http://www.head-fi.org/products/category/custom-in-ear-monitors

 

I set out to offer a product that looks as good as it sounds and sounds as good as it looks.   I also wanted it to look worthy of the price that CIEMs have historically demanded, but yet were hard to justify the price by appearance alone.  

 

After all, you can't allow your "significant other" to audition your CIEMs and "share the quality."  The best you could do was show them a cloudy CIEM that looked like a wad of dried bubble gum, and at best had your initials carved into them. 

 

I wanted to offer something that would not be mistaken as a hearing aid, something a person could proudly place in their ears while on a plane, and have people stare in wonderment rather than puzzlement.

 

 

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #6034 of 23897
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSC View Post

So how exactly does one tune a cable for a natural vinyl LP type sound? cool.gif
Man I wish I knew. This guy is managing to pull all types of amazing sounds from just SPC copper, no silver, platinum, or mithril.
post #6035 of 23897
post #6036 of 23897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsy1 View Post

Man I wish I knew. This guy is managing to pull all types of amazing sounds from just SPC copper, no silver, platinum, or mithril.

 

Any chance the Sieve's better than the Bootsy 1 cable? :tongue:

post #6037 of 23897


Noble K10 Red Carbon Glass + DHC Symbiote SP V2 + AK240

 

My fav portable rig =D

post #6038 of 23897
Quote:

Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

 

I set out to offer a product that looks as good as it sounds and sounds as good as it looks.

 

 

The K10 has been on my radar but I've never got around to test-driving it. If there's any truth to what you are saying, then it could well be an anticlimactic end to my search of the IEM grail! How boring would that be! Seriously though, that is a big statement to make; the Prestiges are gorgeous, I look forward the audition.

post #6039 of 23897
^ she's a sexy beast.
post #6040 of 23897

A couple weeks ago we posted photos of a particularly well-received Kaiser 10 featuring red Carbon Glass faceplates with metallic red shells to match.

Since this is Noble and we just wrapped in Tokyo, here's a set of Wizard-designed K10 with blue Carbon Glass faceplates!

The shells, kept simple and crisp, are a very deep translucent blue with teal engraving for the details.

 

 

 

Brannan Mason

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #6041 of 23897

Spectacular as always!

I'm getting excited to see mine pop up on here soon... it's been 6 weeks now so I figure they're getting close :)

post #6042 of 23897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

Spectacular as always!

I'm getting excited to see mine pop up on here soon... it's been 6 weeks now so I figure they're getting close :)

 

What color/style did you purchase? 

post #6043 of 23897
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

... 

I wanted to offer something that would not be mistaken as a hearing aid, something a person could proudly place in their ears while on a plane, and have people stare in wonderment rather than puzzlement.



That was a wonderful statement. .
post #6044 of 23897
Quote:
Originally Posted by moedawg140 View Post
 

 

What color/style did you purchase? 

 

It's Wizard, but I'm reluctant to say any more until Brannan and John have the pleasure of sharing it with us all. (I don't say that to suggest that mine will be any better than anyone else's, but I know how much I enjoy seeing each new design appear on this page so I don't want to spoil that surprise for anyone)

post #6045 of 23897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

 

It's Wizard, but I'm reluctant to say any more until Brannan and John have the pleasure of sharing it with us all. (I don't say that to suggest that mine will be any better than anyone else's, but I know how much I enjoy seeing each new design appear on this page so I don't want to spoil that surprise for anyone)

 

Okay.  Thanks for the response, though. :normal_smile :

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!