or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 395

post #5911 of 24081
FiiO E12A is available now in some places and is a dedicated IEM amp using MUSES02.
post #5912 of 24081
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascogarcia View Post

I love my Pure II for iem's.  Using it with my K10's.

Doesnt get much better than pure ii for iems and under 600 bucks!
post #5913 of 24081

You want to make a K10 out of tin, Serroslim? Is that to match your tin ears by any chance?:bigsmile_face:

 

I'm just kidding! Your review made me decide to get the K10!


Edited by Ripvanlink - 10/18/14 at 4:33pm
post #5914 of 24081

Omg I think this is the 4th different version of Sorensiim's name. No one can just catch it quite correctly, right @Sorensiim?

 

Maybe they do it on purpose too, hmmm.

 

On the other hand for amp suggestions, why not go balanced and get Duet?

post #5915 of 24081
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

Omg I think this is the 4th different version of Sorensiim's name. No one can just catch it quite correctly, right @Sorensiim
?

Maybe they do it on purpose too, hmmm.

On the other hand for amp suggestions, why not go balanced and get Duet?

I don't know, for me the blackest background takes precedence over the slight sq advantages of balanced over SE when it comes to iem's, imo. Full size headphones are another story, also imo!

BTW, I've listened to Duet only for a very limited time, but it sounds very good.
Edited by fiascogarcia - 10/18/14 at 5:17pm
post #5916 of 24081

I'm wondering, Brannan or John, on November 1st at the San Diego meet, can I use my credit/bank card for the K10 or do I have to bring a fistfull of cash?

post #5917 of 24081
Brannan has a Square card reader and that's what I used to pay at CanJam.
post #5918 of 24081
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscott58 View Post

Brannan has a Square card reader and that's what I used to pay at CanJam.

Thank you, MScott

post #5919 of 24081
Have fun at the show and be sure to listen to everything you can. I did for 1.5 days at CanJam/RMAF and ended up ordering K10 customs!
post #5920 of 24081
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscott58 View Post

Have fun at the show and be sure to listen to everything you can. I did for 1.5 days at CanJam/RMAF and ended up ordering K10 customs!

Yes my friend, I'll be there first thing to help set up and I'll be greedily taking in all the sights and sounds.... that is... after I've ordered the custom K10 and gotten fitted by the Noble guy. Who'll that be? Brannan or John?

post #5921 of 24081
Most likely Brannan, who is a great guy!
post #5922 of 24081

I feel a natural affinity to the people at Noble who I think are really nice b/c of the way they respond here at Head-fi which shows a sincere willingness and openness to communicate with the people here and that's part of why I wish to purchase something as expensive as the K10. It feels heartening to me. That's also exactly the way I view myself, as a very sincere open guy who wants the best for others. This really is, if I may say so myself,  I find, a very en-Noble-ing quality, lol.

I feel kind of the same way about the guys from Fiio and that prompted me to go with the X5. I think the K10 and X5 will complement each other nicely.

What I'm really hoping for, sound quality wise, is a better representation of the more "shattering" highs one hears when a chorus expresses the more shrill sounds or when the whole orchestra expresses itself loudly. Right now with the UM-modified TF10 (Oh, Stephen Guo is another "noble" guy to me), those shrilll sounds tend to break up and sound harsh and unnatural. Other than that, I find the ciem to be very musical and involving.

I'm not sure if it's an incurable artifact of the recordings... or it's a correctable limitation of the ear-pieces themselves. Of course, I'm hoping for the latter and hope that the K10 will present a more listenable rendition of those shrill notes w/o the breakup or muddiness. Even if it's the former then, I will still be very proud to own a K10 and just shrug at the present limitations of the digital sound medium. What do you all think?

I remember back in the days of Vinyl LP records, I used to hear at my favorite publications like the Absolute Sound or Stereophile how there was an infinite amount of information in the grooves and it was just a matter of the right components to bring out those other bits of information. I wonder if that also somehow works in the digital realm. Somehow I don't think it's as unlimited, but I hope I'm wrong!

What do you all think?

post #5923 of 24081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripvanlink View Post
 

I feel a natural affinity to the people at Noble who I think are really nice b/c of the way they respond here at Head-fi which shows a sincere willingness and openness to communicate with the people here and that's part of why I wish to purchase something as expensive as the K10. It feels heartening to me. That's also exactly the way I view myself, as a very sincere open guy who wants the best for others. This really is, if I may say so myself,  I find, a very en-Noble-ing quality, lol.

I feel kind of the same way about the guys from Fiio and that prompted me to go with the X5. I think the K10 and X5 will complement each other nicely.

What I'm really hoping for, sound quality wise, is a better representation of the more "shattering" highs one hears when a chorus expresses the more shrill sounds or when the whole orchestra expresses itself loudly. Right now with the UM-modified TF10 (Oh, Stephen Guo is another "noble" guy to me), those shrilll sounds tend to break up and sound harsh and unnatural. Other than that, I find the ciem to be very musical and involving.

I'm not sure if it's an incurable artifact of the recordings... or it's a correctable limitation of the ear-pieces themselves. Of course, I'm hoping for the latter and hope that the K10 will present a more listenable rendition of those shrill notes w/o the breakup or muddiness. Even if it's the former then, I will still be very proud to own a K10 and just shrug at the present limitations of the digital sound medium. What do you all think?

I remember back in the days of Vinyl LP records, I used to hear at my favorite publications like the Absolute Sound or Stereophile how there was an infinite amount of information in the grooves and it was just a matter of the right components to bring out those other bits of information. I wonder if that also somehow works in the digital realm. Somehow I don't think it's as unlimited, but I hope I'm wrong!

What do you all think?

Well, I auditioned the X5 with Noble 4 a while ago but it was pretty good sounding. Both my N4 and N6 are heaps and bounds better than the tf10 and even having quite a bit of lower treble emphasis the high remain smooth and refined and the harsh tf10 just can't touch them, so I can easily assume k10 should be even better.

post #5924 of 24081
The K10 definitely is not sibilant, which is that harsh S sound you are describing. In fact, it is one of the least sibilant IEMs I have heard. If the recording is poorly done, you will still hear some sibilance (as it is a part if the recording), but the K10 won't accentuate it or add any where it isn't in the recording.

Brannan and John (and the rest of the Noble team) are simple excellent to work with, and they will do almost anything to ensure that you are a happy customer. They have definitely made me a customer for life.

As far as digital vs analog (vinyl), I think you can capture the same magic with high resolution digital versions of well mastered recordings. If the original recording isn't well done, no matter what you do it isn't going to sound great
post #5925 of 24081
Quote:
Originally Posted by sq3rjick View Post

The K10 definitely is not sibilant, which is that harsh S sound you are describing. In fact, it is one of the least sibilant IEMs I have heard. If the recording is poorly done, you will still hear some sibilance (as it is a part if the recording), but the K10 won't accentuate it or add any where it isn't in the recording.

Brannan and John (and the rest of the Noble team) are simple excellent to work with, and they will do almost anything to ensure that you are a happy customer. They have definitely made me a customer for life.

As far as digital vs analog (vinyl), I think you can capture the same magic with high resolution digital versions of well mastered recordings. If the original recording isn't well done, no matter what you do it isn't going to sound great

Ah, so you tend to disagree with those in Head-fi who think there's no difference between hi-def and, say, cd quality or flac, right? I don't have the money right now to spend on hi-def recordings b/c I'm saving  up for November's K10 purchase. I tried to download from a free samples hi-def website that a member offered, but for some reason, can't at all get the X5 to recognize it. So...I'll have to wait on that so I can gain my own comparisons, Oh well.

I never even entertained the possibility that the K10 could be sibilant. What I just wonder about is, whether it could cure the sibilants I hear with my UM-modTF10. Also, I fully realize the diff between a well-mastered recording and the usual drip one gets from these fancy and complicated consoles that egomaniacal engineers like to foist on the public, lol. And... sometimes, it's also a matter of humidity and other conditions which would adversely affect the sound quality.

I know you are right about the K10, sq3rjick, we are destined to become a mutual admiration society, hee hee.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!