Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 393

post #5881 of 24798
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkokkid View Post
 

Got wood?

 

 

Images (Click to show)

 

 

Do now!

post #5882 of 24798

It's surprising how little I can find on the Noble 3. I'm interested in buying the universal one but there aren't enough reviews (4~5). The v shape sounds exactly what I'm looking for but I'd love to see them in comparison to W4R, FA3EXB, Shures and whatever plays in their league.

Unfortunately it seems like quite a few people have fitting issues with the universals...


Edited by Kosmonavt - 10/17/14 at 4:33am
post #5883 of 24798
I have the noble 3 universals and I love them. I put a set of S500 comply tips on them ($10 at radio shack) and I barely notice they're in my ears.
post #5884 of 24798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmonavt View Post

It's surprising how little I can find on the Noble 3. I'm interested in buying the universal one but there aren't enough reviews (4~5). The v shape sounds exactly what I'm looking for but I'd love to see them in comparison to W4R, FA3EXB, Shures and whatever plays in their league.
Unfortunately it seems like quite a few people have fitting issues with the universals...
post #5885 of 24798

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #5886 of 24798


Really impressive art work !! Yet noticed with previous products line.

Not to forget that sound remains the first criteria. K10 is often reviewed against Roxanne or SE5 but those two are to Bass ahead for Classical, more suited for Musicians Live.

I was wondering how the K10 compares with the Fitear C435 for Classical Music. Neutral signature, soundstage (left to right speaking of an Orchestra), sections placement, violins rendering, voices...

post #5887 of 24798
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
 

 

 

Nahh, the Prestige CAN be made out of solid wood....   but the above photo is a MIXED wood ("Wizard Wood") which is a mix of acrylic and wood fused together.  Essentially a piece of "punky" wood, or knotted up wood, is placed it in a container coupled with acrylic and pressure is applied. The acrylic is injected into the pores of the wood, and fusses to the wood, filling up gaps and crevices etc etc.  It actually converts a block of wood, that has no value due to the fact it has deteriorated over time and exposure, into a beautiful block of wood.

 

Basically anything that is solid, and is softer than steel we can build into a CIEM.

 

So a solid block of acrylic, wood, carbon glass or a mixture of those elements we can make a Prestige with.

John - Is the Northeastern Maple K10 posted by Brannan ~12 hours ago considered a "Wizard Wood" unit, and therefore a Prestige unit? Clearly the one in your email quoted here is a "Wizard Wood" unit, but less clear if the one with a much smaller chunk of wood in it is or not. Thanks!

post #5888 of 24798
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscott58 View Post
 

John - Is the Northeastern Maple K10 posted by Brannan ~12 hours ago considered a "Wizard Wood" unit, and therefore a Prestige unit? Clearly the one in your email quoted here is a "Wizard Wood" unit, but less clear if the one with a much smaller chunk of wood in it is or not. Thanks!

Seems to be a "standard" k10 Wizard design.

post #5889 of 24798
Quote:
Originally Posted by cladane View Post
 


Really impressive art work !! Yet noticed with previous products line.

Not to forget that sound remains the first criteria. K10 is often reviewed against Roxanne or SE5 but those two are to Bass ahead for Classical, more suited for Musicians Live.

I was wondering how the K10 compares with the Fitear C435 for Classical Music. Neutral signature, soundstage (left to right speaking of an Orchestra), sections placement, violins rendering, voices...

Soundstage, placement and locationing is superb with the K10. I'm rather fond of Keith Jarrett's Köln concert and I can pinpoint the guy coughing in the audience.

post #5890 of 24798

reading through some posts and pages here...

 

It feels like attending art exhibiton :beerchug::beerchug:

post #5891 of 24798
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscott58 View Post

John - Is the Northeastern Maple K10 posted by Brannan ~12 hours ago considered a "Wizard Wood" unit, and therefore a Prestige unit? Clearly the one in your email quoted here is a "Wizard Wood" unit, but less clear if the one with a much smaller chunk of wood in it is or not. Thanks!






That is a wizard design ciem, not a prestige. The definening feature that indicates that it is not a prestige is that the shell does not contain wood as well. It is in fact a full acrylic shell, not a wood mix.

The face plate is a Wizard Wood, but not the shell

Other examples of the same concept are below






*


The face plates are all examples of wizard wood, but they are not prestige ciems as the shells are full acrylic
Edited by FullCircle - 10/17/14 at 8:49am

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #5892 of 24798
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
 

(Picture)

 

Nice Toyota.  You look to be an adventurous man. Hunting down wood for your Noble line?

post #5893 of 24798
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha421 View Post
 

 

Nice Toyota.  You look to be an adventurous man. Hunting down wood for your Noble line?

If you've ever lived in Texas, you're basically required by law to own a truck at sometime in your life. 

 

It was great seeing Brannan and co. at RMAF. Brannan mentioned he had something new up his sleeve, and the Prestige didn't disappoint. Aesthetically, they're bleeding edge innovators.

post #5894 of 24798
Quote:
Originally Posted by HideousPride View Post

 

 

 Brannan mentioned he had something new up his sleeve

Something new up his sleeve? Could it be new and improved triceps? :D

post #5895 of 24798
Just curious to know if anyone has tried using these as stage monitors?

If everything is, as stated, unbiased across the spectrum then they may require a bass boost?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!