You might want to remove that post that says the cable can be used for towing a car, you never know if those myth busters dudes might be lurking.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productNoble 3tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble 4tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble 5tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble 6tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- brandNoble Audiotagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 3Ctagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 3Stagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 4Ctagged by nightmancometh, 1/7/14
- productNoble Audio 4Stagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 5Ctagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14More
- productNoble Audio 5Stagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 8Ctagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio FRtagged by bangkokkid, 4/7/14
- productNoble Audio Kaiser 10tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio PRtagged by bangkokkid, 4/7/14
Related Forum Threads
- NOBLE CABLE CONTEST - WIN A NOBLE 6W Last post on 6/17/14 at 4:53am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Noble Seattle, WA Tour Last post on Today at 3:32 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH5 vs Custom Art Music Two vs Noble 3C ... etc Last post on 8/5/14 at 7:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- noble n5, heir 5.AI or jh7 Last post on 6/16/14 at 9:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade cable for Noble K10? Last post on 6/15/14 at 7:01am in Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum)
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 329
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Pictured here is a set of Wizard-designed Kaiser 10 that features a rosso corsa interior and a clear exterior with 24K gold nugget throughout.
And on that bombshell, we hope everyone has a very enjoyable weekend!
There's a new Noble PR review.
Here's Loquah's take on it: http://passionforsound.wordpress.com/2014/07/11/noble-pr-iem/
Just finished a full review on my blog so I'll just post the general impressions here.
The build, range of accessories and overall execution of the PR's mission (being detailed and analytical IEMs) is fantastic. They are an IEM of particular tastes though and will appeal to some and not others (Lachlan's video is case in point I think ). While I personally wouldn't buy a pair of these due to my personal tastes, they show off Dr Moulton's expertise at crafting a surgically accurate IEM without falling into the trap of making an in-your-face treble monster. Here are a couple of choice quotes, the summary from my review and the link to the full review below.
I really like the overall tonality of the Pure mode. It’s very neutral and very detailed, but has a smoothness that’s surprising for a detail-oriented IEM. It can get a tiny bit treble happy if the recording dictates it, but it’s not a treble monster and will only show what’s there in the recording. I think it could have been called “Transparent” instead of Pure because it just shows you what’s there for better or worse. My only criticism of the Pure mode would be a slight lack of natural bass. There is bass present in the reproduction from the Pure mode, but it’s just a little shy of neutral compared to what you would hear from a live, acoustic performance (i.e. just considering the natural bass resonance of say a guitar or cello).
If Pure mode is smooth detail, Reference mode is fast detail. After flicking the little switch on each IEM, the PR becomes a single-BA IEM, details become turbocharged and the sound takes a hit of some kind of illicit drug! Suddenly, Pure mode sounds like muffled mode. Of course it’s not muffled at all, but the Reference mode is just so darn open and fast. Reference mode was enjoyable for what it was. I also think it presents slightly more punch in the bass so even though extension is about the same in both modes, the Reference mode seems a bit more full-range. A quick test with 2Cellos says it’s a slightly more realistic representation of the cello’s range of resonance, but still falls just short of total realism (in frequency response).
For $699 (USD), the PR isn’t a cheap IEM, but it’s very well priced for the levels of performance on offer. That said, it’s not going to be for everyone. This isn’t a full-range IEM in my opinion and that will limit its abilities to create an enjoyable and immersive listening experience on some genres. There’s no doubt that it completely nails its brief to be a detail monster while still maintaining a sense of musicality and enjoyment (i.e. it doesn’t fall into the “super-bright treble = detail” trap), but I believe it is more of an analytical listening tool than a musical enjoyment device. Of course, that might just be a matter of taste so others might love all the detail and find that to be their doorway to musical enjoyment. If so, this IEM is a cracker and I’d highly recommend it! For those who want a more balanced (i.e. with natural levels of bass) presentation, don’t discount the Noble products, but look at some of their other beautiful options rather than the PR.
Oh now.....one can always argue the deffinition of a car.... and you'd be surprised what passes as a car around my neck of the woods.
I agree. Cars are weird.
Actually, this is a good track to test your headphones. It has the treble and bass. You can check to see if you headphone is outputting ample treble and bass details. I've compared one of my CIEM with HD800. HD800 is not an all around performer, but with this, I can hear more accuracy.
Edited by SilverEars - 7/12/14 at 9:02am
Real talk right there! Those stickers are actually bumper grade so I wouldn't worry about it falling off.
Going to change up the stickers soon!
- Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 37 seconds ago
- › Bluetooth adapter for powered speakers? 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › DAC Utilize Sound Card 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 4 minutes ago
- › WANTED: Shure se535, se530, or se215 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)