You might want to remove that post that says the cable can be used for towing a car, you never know if those myth busters dudes might be lurking.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productNoble 3tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble 4tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble 5tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble 6tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- brandNoble Audiotagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 3Ctagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 3Stagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 4Ctagged by nightmancometh, 1/7/14
- productNoble Audio 4Stagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 5Ctagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14More
- productNoble Audio 5Stagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 8Ctagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio FRtagged by bangkokkid, 4/7/14
- productNoble Audio Kaiser 10tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio Kaiser 10 (Universal)tagged by bangkokkid, 10/8/14
- productNoble Audio PRtagged by bangkokkid, 4/7/14
- productNoble Audio Savanttagged by bangkokkid, 6/7/15
Related Forum Threads
- 71 IEM Brief Review thread (incl. Rhine Monitors, Cleartune, CustomArt) Last post on 8/29/16 at 11:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NOBLE CABLE CONTEST - WIN A NOBLE 6W Last post on 6/17/14 at 4:53am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Noble Audio Wizard Savanna Giveaway! Last post on Today at 8:12 am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- KATANA Listening Event @ Affordable Audio Last post on 7/15/16 at 5:09pm in SoCal Head-Fiers Group
- KATANA Listening Event @ Affordable Audio Last post on 10/18/16 at 4:41am in Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/25/15
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 329
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Pictured here is a set of Wizard-designed Kaiser 10 that features a rosso corsa interior and a clear exterior with 24K gold nugget throughout.
And on that bombshell, we hope everyone has a very enjoyable weekend!
There's a new Noble PR review.
Here's Loquah's take on it: http://passionforsound.wordpress.com/2014/07/11/noble-pr-iem/
Just finished a full review on my blog so I'll just post the general impressions here.
The build, range of accessories and overall execution of the PR's mission (being detailed and analytical IEMs) is fantastic. They are an IEM of particular tastes though and will appeal to some and not others (Lachlan's video is case in point I think ). While I personally wouldn't buy a pair of these due to my personal tastes, they show off Dr Moulton's expertise at crafting a surgically accurate IEM without falling into the trap of making an in-your-face treble monster. Here are a couple of choice quotes, the summary from my review and the link to the full review below.
I really like the overall tonality of the Pure mode. It’s very neutral and very detailed, but has a smoothness that’s surprising for a detail-oriented IEM. It can get a tiny bit treble happy if the recording dictates it, but it’s not a treble monster and will only show what’s there in the recording. I think it could have been called “Transparent” instead of Pure because it just shows you what’s there for better or worse. My only criticism of the Pure mode would be a slight lack of natural bass. There is bass present in the reproduction from the Pure mode, but it’s just a little shy of neutral compared to what you would hear from a live, acoustic performance (i.e. just considering the natural bass resonance of say a guitar or cello).
If Pure mode is smooth detail, Reference mode is fast detail. After flicking the little switch on each IEM, the PR becomes a single-BA IEM, details become turbocharged and the sound takes a hit of some kind of illicit drug! Suddenly, Pure mode sounds like muffled mode. Of course it’s not muffled at all, but the Reference mode is just so darn open and fast. Reference mode was enjoyable for what it was. I also think it presents slightly more punch in the bass so even though extension is about the same in both modes, the Reference mode seems a bit more full-range. A quick test with 2Cellos says it’s a slightly more realistic representation of the cello’s range of resonance, but still falls just short of total realism (in frequency response).
For $699 (USD), the PR isn’t a cheap IEM, but it’s very well priced for the levels of performance on offer. That said, it’s not going to be for everyone. This isn’t a full-range IEM in my opinion and that will limit its abilities to create an enjoyable and immersive listening experience on some genres. There’s no doubt that it completely nails its brief to be a detail monster while still maintaining a sense of musicality and enjoyment (i.e. it doesn’t fall into the “super-bright treble = detail” trap), but I believe it is more of an analytical listening tool than a musical enjoyment device. Of course, that might just be a matter of taste so others might love all the detail and find that to be their doorway to musical enjoyment. If so, this IEM is a cracker and I’d highly recommend it! For those who want a more balanced (i.e. with natural levels of bass) presentation, don’t discount the Noble products, but look at some of their other beautiful options rather than the PR.
Oh now.....one can always argue the deffinition of a car.... and you'd be surprised what passes as a car around my neck of the woods.
I agree. Cars are weird.
Actually, this is a good track to test your headphones. It has the treble and bass. You can check to see if you headphone is outputting ample treble and bass details. I've compared one of my CIEM with HD800. HD800 is not an all around performer, but with this, I can hear more accuracy.
Edited by SilverEars - 7/12/14 at 9:02am
Real talk right there! Those stickers are actually bumper grade so I wouldn't worry about it falling off.
Going to change up the stickers soon!
- Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 17 seconds ago
- › DIY Earbuds 50 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia vs. HIFIMAN HE1000 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...