You might want to remove that post that says the cable can be used for towing a car, you never know if those myth busters dudes might be lurking.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productNoble 3tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble 4tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble 5tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble 6tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- brandNoble Audiotagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 3Ctagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 3Stagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 4Ctagged by nightmancometh, 1/7/14
- productNoble Audio 4Stagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 5Ctagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14More
- productNoble Audio 5Stagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 8Ctagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio FRtagged by bangkokkid, 4/7/14
- productNoble Audio Kaiser 10tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio Kaiser 10 (Universal)tagged by bangkokkid, 10/8/14
- productNoble Audio PRtagged by bangkokkid, 4/7/14
- productNoble Audio Savanttagged by bangkokkid, 6/7/15
Related Forum Threads
- 71 IEM Brief Review thread (incl. Rhine Monitors, Cleartune, CustomArt) Last post on 6/10/15 at 9:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NOBLE CABLE CONTEST - WIN A NOBLE 6W Last post on 6/17/14 at 4:53am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Canjam 2015 Socal Report by Currawong Last post on 4/19/15 at 8:30am in Head-Fi Meet Impressions, Trade Show Reports, Factory Tours
- Shure SE846 vs Noble Audio 6 (universal) - Time Sensitive! Last post on 2/20/15 at 8:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noble Audio universals isolation? Last post on 7/22/15 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/26/15
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 329
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Pictured here is a set of Wizard-designed Kaiser 10 that features a rosso corsa interior and a clear exterior with 24K gold nugget throughout.
And on that bombshell, we hope everyone has a very enjoyable weekend!
There's a new Noble PR review.
Here's Loquah's take on it: http://passionforsound.wordpress.com/2014/07/11/noble-pr-iem/
Just finished a full review on my blog so I'll just post the general impressions here.
The build, range of accessories and overall execution of the PR's mission (being detailed and analytical IEMs) is fantastic. They are an IEM of particular tastes though and will appeal to some and not others (Lachlan's video is case in point I think ). While I personally wouldn't buy a pair of these due to my personal tastes, they show off Dr Moulton's expertise at crafting a surgically accurate IEM without falling into the trap of making an in-your-face treble monster. Here are a couple of choice quotes, the summary from my review and the link to the full review below.
I really like the overall tonality of the Pure mode. It’s very neutral and very detailed, but has a smoothness that’s surprising for a detail-oriented IEM. It can get a tiny bit treble happy if the recording dictates it, but it’s not a treble monster and will only show what’s there in the recording. I think it could have been called “Transparent” instead of Pure because it just shows you what’s there for better or worse. My only criticism of the Pure mode would be a slight lack of natural bass. There is bass present in the reproduction from the Pure mode, but it’s just a little shy of neutral compared to what you would hear from a live, acoustic performance (i.e. just considering the natural bass resonance of say a guitar or cello).
If Pure mode is smooth detail, Reference mode is fast detail. After flicking the little switch on each IEM, the PR becomes a single-BA IEM, details become turbocharged and the sound takes a hit of some kind of illicit drug! Suddenly, Pure mode sounds like muffled mode. Of course it’s not muffled at all, but the Reference mode is just so darn open and fast. Reference mode was enjoyable for what it was. I also think it presents slightly more punch in the bass so even though extension is about the same in both modes, the Reference mode seems a bit more full-range. A quick test with 2Cellos says it’s a slightly more realistic representation of the cello’s range of resonance, but still falls just short of total realism (in frequency response).
For $699 (USD), the PR isn’t a cheap IEM, but it’s very well priced for the levels of performance on offer. That said, it’s not going to be for everyone. This isn’t a full-range IEM in my opinion and that will limit its abilities to create an enjoyable and immersive listening experience on some genres. There’s no doubt that it completely nails its brief to be a detail monster while still maintaining a sense of musicality and enjoyment (i.e. it doesn’t fall into the “super-bright treble = detail” trap), but I believe it is more of an analytical listening tool than a musical enjoyment device. Of course, that might just be a matter of taste so others might love all the detail and find that to be their doorway to musical enjoyment. If so, this IEM is a cracker and I’d highly recommend it! For those who want a more balanced (i.e. with natural levels of bass) presentation, don’t discount the Noble products, but look at some of their other beautiful options rather than the PR.
Oh now.....one can always argue the deffinition of a car.... and you'd be surprised what passes as a car around my neck of the woods.
I agree. Cars are weird.
Actually, this is a good track to test your headphones. It has the treble and bass. You can check to see if you headphone is outputting ample treble and bass details. I've compared one of my CIEM with HD800. HD800 is not an all around performer, but with this, I can hear more accuracy.
Edited by SilverEars - 7/12/14 at 9:02am
Real talk right there! Those stickers are actually bumper grade so I wouldn't worry about it falling off.
Going to change up the stickers soon!
- Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Need Some Headphone Advice: Mixing Electronic Music / Analog Synths... 4 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2