or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 296

post #4426 of 24081
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascogarcia View Post
 

Will Noble have a booth at Rocky Mountain CanJam this year?  Thanks! 

 

yes... we'll be at CanJam this year... :bigsmile_face:

post #4427 of 24081
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBlues View Post
 

I am confused!  I just ordered 8C's and selected clear everything (faceplate, shell, etc.), is it possible this has not ever been done?  Since these were options on the order page I assumed it was no big deal.  Can I assume the comment about clear being more brittle was on the order of urban legend?  If true, then I will definitely change my order, I want my 8C's to last a long, long time.  Cosmetics (clear, black, neon orange, whatever) are of no importance to me, durability and lifespan are VERY important.

 

Clear is what you used to get when you chose a budget model like UE4pro or Westone AC2. They claimed it saved money by reducing complexity for orders. Not sure if that's still the case or what. 

 

 

In other news, my 5C with Switch has arrived:

 

 

 

 

All I can say for now is - it's quite a contrast. The 5C is very reminiscent of the 8.A sound, meaning absolutely massive low frequency impact. The Switch works every bit as well as it's been described.... and the R configuration sounds nothing like the 5C.

 

I think I still imagined it sounding like the 5C but disabling some low-end drivers (even though I know it's a completely different driver/crossover etc). Now I truly understand what we are talking about here - a completely different animal, which interestingly requires more juice to achieve the same volume. The R configuration is brutally neutral, and extremely different from the 5C sound. It will take some time to get a handle on each one. 

post #4428 of 24081

Wow, that looks nice, great choice of artwork.  Didn't know Noble has their own bass switchable system.  

post #4429 of 24081
How does that switch seem to you, does it feel like it's really secure? Well built?
Edited by kh600rr - 6/1/14 at 6:52am
post #4430 of 24081
It is not a bass switchable system. The R configuration is a single BA driver IEM, when you switch it on, only that driver will run => you are essentially buying two IEM in one housing. That's how I understand it biggrin.gif
post #4431 of 24081
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhminh93 View Post

It is not a bass switchable system. The R configuration is a single BA driver IEM, when you switch it on, only that driver will run => you are essentially buying two IEM in one housing. That's how I understand it biggrin.gif

Can you expand on this?  I'm still not getting it.  :D

post #4432 of 24081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post

Can you expand on this?  I'm still not getting it.  biggrin.gif
If you search this thread, you will find copious information on this. Wizard has explained it in great detail. tongue.gif
post #4433 of 24081
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

Wow, that looks nice, great choice of artwork.  Didn't know Noble has their own bass switchable system.  

 

That isn't a bass switch.

 

That particular product is a 5C +R

 

Which means, it is a 5 driver product, with an additional "R" option. R = Reference driver.

 

What this means is that the CIEM actually has 6 drivers per side

 

In 5C "mode" the input signal will be sent to a cluster of 5 drivers,

 

In R mode, the cluster of 5 drivers will be turned off, and the Refrence driver will be turned on.

 

This is not a bass atenuation switch.

 

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #4434 of 24081
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post
 

 

Clear is what you used to get when you chose a budget model like UE4pro or Westone AC2. They claimed it saved money by reducing complexity for orders. Not sure if that's still the case or what. 

 

 

In other news, my 5C with Switch has arrived:

 

 

 

 

All I can say for now is - it's quite a contrast. The 5C is very reminiscent of the 8.A sound, meaning absolutely massive low frequency impact. The Switch works every bit as well as it's been described.... and the R configuration sounds nothing like the 5C.

 

I think I still imagined it sounding like the 5C but disabling some low-end drivers (even though I know it's a completely different driver/crossover etc). Now I truly understand what we are talking about here - a completely different animal, which interestingly requires more juice to achieve the same volume. The R configuration is brutally neutral, and extremely different from the 5C sound. It will take some time to get a handle on each one. 

 

 

Yes, unfortunatley for you, it is like 2 reviews.... one product!

 

(sorry)

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #4435 of 24081

 

Last day to hear the K10-Hugo at Newport Beach Show & win some superb Noble N4's... :tongue_smile:

post #4436 of 24081
Damn, those 5cs are pretty.
post #4437 of 24081
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post
 

 

Now I truly understand what we are talking about here - a completely different animal, which interestingly requires more juice to achieve the same volume. The R configuration is brutally neutral, and extremely different from the 5C sound. It will take some time to get a handle on each one. 

It would be interesting to see some more beauty shots of the transparent portion of the 5C+R in order to view the intricacies of its interior. You do like the red CIEMs ;)

post #4438 of 24081
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post




Last day to hear the K10-Hugo at Newport Beach Show & win some superb Noble N4's... tongue_smile.gif

Wait, wut? I didn't know about this. Brannan.. mad.gif

In all seriousness, good luck to whoever get this. The 4 is a damn good iem. If you're out at the show today, show Brannan some love. It's always good to chat with Brannan at these things. biggrin.gif
post #4439 of 24081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Meme View Post

 If you're out at the show today, show Brannan some love. It's always good to chat with Brannan at these things. biggrin.gif

 

 

I'm not sure Brannan wants anyone showing him some love, in public, but I guess, if you're a smokin' hot babe, then no harm in tryin' :ph34r:

post #4440 of 24081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insidious Meme View Post

Wait, wut? I didn't know about this. Brannan.. mad.gif

In all seriousness, good luck to whoever get this. The 4 is a damn good iem. If you're out at the show today, show Brannan some love. It's always good to chat with Brannan at these things. biggrin.gif
I've been here a hour already, haven't found him yet...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!