or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 273

post #4081 of 23947
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

 

 

gotta love a baby guard-cat... they don't like dogs when they're fully grown...

 

relevant,

 

post #4082 of 23947

5C with R-configuration for review by @project86. I, for one, am looking forward to reading his review. 

 

Brannan Mason

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #4083 of 23947
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkokkid View Post
 

5C with R-configuration for review by @project86. I, for one, am looking forward to reading his review. 

 

wow this is truly beautiful

post #4084 of 23947
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkokkid View Post

5C with R-configuration for review by @project86
. I, for one, am looking forward to reading his review. 



That's the best looking one yet!! And if my K-10's come back like that, I'm pretty sure I'll buy Wizard a beach house in Tahiti, as a expression of my gratitude..
post #4085 of 23947

 

things are a'rocking at the Munich High-End Show... we should have some photo's soon

 

best to go see for yourself, fire-up the Merc AMG V8 & zoom down the Autobahn...

 

post #4086 of 23947
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkokkid View Post
 

5C with R-configuration for review by @project86. I, for one, am looking forward to reading his review. 

 

Beautiful piece, what the R-configuration about?

post #4087 of 23947

What does the Wizard think of releasing the R configuration as a standalone IEM? Judging from the pirates' impression I will be very much interested in it :D

post #4088 of 23947

The "R" is an option for the Noble 3C, 4C and 5C products.

 

Essentially it is this:

 

The "R" is a dedicated reference driver placed within the CIEM housing, in addition to what ever configuration that was chosen.

 

For example, if the "R" option is chosen for the 5C, a reference driver is also placed into the housing, along with an "A/B" switch.

 

 

When the switch is in the 5C position, the CIEM is utilizing a 5 driver cluster of balanced armature drivers, offering up a robust sound signature with hard hitting lows.

 

 

When the switch is in the "R" postion, the 5 drivers are turned off, and the signal from the sound source is then directed to the reference driver, offering up a crystal clear sound signature, great for classical, strings, vocals etc.

 

 

In essense, a Noble 3C, 4C and 5C with the R option, is a 2 in one CIEM.   

 

 

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #4089 of 23947
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhminh93 View Post
 

What does the Wizard think of releasing the R configuration as a standalone IEM? Judging from the pirates' impression I will be very much interested in it :D

 

 

   No, sorry, an stand alone R is not in the plans.

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #4090 of 23947

Those look truly inspired.  Nice work.

post #4091 of 23947

Audiogon has some of their favorite photos from Axpona, the first 2 images look remind me of some great guys we have here.

 

http://hub.audiogon.com/blog/2014/05/16/our-favorites-from-axpona-2014/


Edited by Watagump - 5/16/14 at 1:57pm
post #4092 of 23947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post
 

Audiogon has some of their favorite photos from Axpona, the first 2 images look remind me of some great guys we have here.

 

http://hub.audiogon.com/blog/2014/05/16/our-favorites-from-axpona-2014/

 

Thanks for sharing, Wata! AXPONA was a super fun show, next up: T.H.E. Show Newport

 

I expect to see you there. :cool: 

Brannan Mason

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #4093 of 23947
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

The "R" is an option for the Noble 3C, 4C and 5C products.

Essentially it is this:

The "R" is a dedicated reference driver placed within the CIEM housing, in addition to what ever configuration that was chosen.

For example, if the "R" option is chosen for the 5C, a reference driver is also placed into the housing, along with an "A/B" switch.


When the switch is in the 5C position, the CIEM is utilizing a 5 driver cluster of balanced armature drivers, offering up a robust sound signature with hard hitting lows.


When the switch is in the "R" postion, the 5 drivers are turned off, and the signal from the sound source is then directed to the reference driver, offering up a crystal clear sound signature, great for classical, strings, vocals etc.


In essense, a Noble 3C, 4C and 5C with the R option, is a 2 in one CIEM.   




So the R is multiple driver too? That the reason why only available for model below 5c?
post #4094 of 23947
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvc View Post


So the R is multiple driver too? That the reason why only available for model below 5c?

I think its the insufficient space inside the ciem for a 5way design(4way for 8C/K10, 1way for R?).

post #4095 of 23947

Finally got my K10s! Love the sound already. Kudos to the Noble Team and all the email exchanges. You guys have been very patient in answering my questions! I do have a pretty disconcerting issue though...

 

Well, I'm not sure if it's just getting used to my first ciem, but the insertion depth doesn't feel as deep as it should be. It feels...

1) like it wants to drop out sometimes

2) movements pushes the ciem out, losing the seal - a tiny smile will push it out for sure. I can feel the iem moving outward when I try to smile - slowly - until i hear the vacuum pop. Well the angle of iem goes off first, and it sounds weird cause the angle of the canal is off (i guess?)

3) my SM3s with westone star foamies (the red long one) feels like it inserts deeper.

 

Oh no.. refit? How's that like? Not deep enough? Make it slightly longer? Not tight enough?Do I have to resend another ear impression? Never done it before. I'll be headed off to taiwan in a couple of hours for a 9 day trip so I guess I'll hold on to it for the meantime.

 

How do you guys deal with oil? My canals feel a little oily and I'm not sure if it contributes to 1 & 2. Might be.

 

The grip on the canals feel like it's on the mid section and it feels like it "wants" to push the iem out, instead of holding it in. I can't really describe this. It makes me concentrate on trying to "keep it in" rather than listening to the music.


Edited by du3z - 5/16/14 at 8:36pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!