Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 28

post #406 of 7483
Nvm, was answered by FullCircle. :)
post #407 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post


Yes, that is technically a Wizard design, but it could be replicated as those features can be found on the web site/order form

Clear canal
Amber shell
Amboyna face plate
Gold nugget

Special instructions

Gold nugget in canal and shell
Face plate two tone amboyna

Be warned, two tone amboyna is rare and we do not have a lot of that in stock

 

Hi, I cannot see the option for special instructions, am I blind?

post #408 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post
 

 

Hi, I cannot see the option for special instructions, am I blind?

That only shows if you chose the Wizard design option

post #409 of 7483






I've just received this from noble. These are my 8c and I must admit, they look more stunning than I thought
I'll review them in a short while.
Cheers
Jon
post #410 of 7483

Oh man, now I'm having trouble picking between the 8C and the 10C. I don't listen to a lot of rap or electronic music, but I love the feel of a good, quality subwoofer when listening to rock/metal music for the kick drum. Something that punches low and fast. A 2.1 system has always sounded better than a 2.0 system to me. I want very high reaching, sparkling treble, and aggressive mids that really bring guitar and drum hits to life. Does this mean I'll want the 10C or the 8C? I listen to mainly post-rock (think Sigur Ros), rock, acoustic, metal, ambient.

 

I've already asked a couple people whose opinions have led me to the 10C, but multiple opinions would be great. Interested in what others who might have heard both have to say.

post #411 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

That only shows if you chose the Wizard design option

 

That's what I thought, but John suggested the headphones linked before could be replicated without the Wizard option and mentioned special instructions.

post #412 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post

Hi, I cannot see the option for special instructions, am I blind?


Send a pm to Bangkok kid, he designed the website, as that was his baby through and through (probably why the noble website is far better than what I could do).

But I pretty sure there is an area for remarks etc as we did discuss the need for that.

Brannen is probably still asleep, I have jet lag.... So I'm up


I hope every one had a great turkey day.... I'm still yearning pecan biggrin.gif
Edited by FullCircle - 11/29/13 at 4:31am

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #413 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post


Yes, that is technically a Wizard design, but it could be replicated as those features can be found on the web site/order form
 

Thanks John.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post
 

Oh man, now I'm having trouble picking between the 8C and the 10C.

I'm in the same boat aswell, I can't decide between the 8C and 10C.

 

Music is mainly metal with a bit of rock thrown in.

post #414 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc0rp View Post
 

Thanks John.

 

I'm in the same boat aswell, I can't decide between the 8C and 10C.

 

Music is mainly metal with a bit of rock thrown in.

 

Yeah I'm thinking if I was only listening to rock/metal I might go the 8C, seeing as the extra bass would be awesome there I think. I listen to a lot of post-rock/ambient/acoustic as well though so I'm not sure, thinking the 10C might be better than that. Arrgghhh

post #415 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc0rp View Post
 

Thanks John.

 

I'm in the same boat aswell, I can't decide between the 8C and 10C.

 

Music is mainly metal with a bit of rock thrown in.

 

Yeah I'm thinking if I was only listening to rock/metal I might go the 8C, seeing as the extra bass would be awesome there I think. I listen to a lot of post-rock/ambient/acoustic as well though so I'm not sure, thinking the 10C might be better than that. Arrgghhh

The K10 still has PLENTY of kick, trust me - But a more neutral tuning than the 8. You won't get a bass boost, but when the bass is in the music, it will hit you HARD. The 8 is still the king of electro to me though and damn nice with rock (Rage Against The Machine, Metallica, Rammstein)... Hard to go wrong with either.

post #416 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post
 

 

Yeah I'm thinking if I was only listening to rock/metal I might go the 8C, seeing as the extra bass would be awesome there I think. I listen to a lot of post-rock/ambient/acoustic as well though so I'm not sure, thinking the 10C might be better than that. Arrgghhh

 

I can see this is a tough choice. I went with the K10, since I listen to a wide range of genres. I found the with the K10 the bass was more than enough. When I listen to dance/electronic music I don't find myself wanting more bass, and the K10 really does thump hard and deep. I guess it's a matter of giving up a little bass, to do everything(?) else a little/lot better with the K10.

post #417 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbreezy View Post
 

 

I can see this is a tough choice. I went with the K10, since I listen to a wide range of genres. I found the with the K10 the bass was more than enough. When I listen to dance/electronic music I don't find myself wanting more bass, and the K10 really does thump hard and deep. I guess it's a matter of giving up a little bass, to do everything(?) else a little/lot better with the K10.


Sounds good. I was originally going with the K10, might stick with it.

post #418 of 7483

I'm trying to decide between the custom K10 & the Universals 6 (cost no object). I listen to Jazz & Classic music & natural presentation is important to me, as well as sound quality and most important - not a grain of harshness or thinness in the highs.

 

are those two iems close to those criteria? whose closer?

 

I'd also like to know if you think the sound quality difference between the two (6 & 10), is so big that it would worth the extra hassle of making impressions, sending them, waiting, taking risk of miss-fit, having to send back (i live in israel), etc..

 

I'll appreciate if i could get an answer before the discount ends.

 

thanks


Edited by Shay Katzir - 11/29/13 at 5:21am
post #419 of 7483

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

The K10 still has PLENTY of kick, trust me - But a more neutral tuning than the 8. You won't get a bass boost, but when the bass is in the music, it will hit you HARD. The 8 is still the king of electro to me though and damn nice with rock (Rage Against The Machine, Metallica, Rammstein)... Hard to go wrong with either.

Thanks for the input.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post
 

Sounds good. I was originally going with the K10, might stick with it.

Damn first world problems!

post #420 of 7483
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc0rp View Post
 

Quote:

Thanks for the input.

 

Damn first world problems!


Tell me about it, I got aesthetics to decide on as well..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!