Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 269

post #4021 of 7403

thanks guys

post #4022 of 7403

I'll be posting the Munich Hi-End Show set-ups soon... the Noble/Chord Tour arrives in Germany this weekend. :bigsmile_face:

post #4023 of 7403

I have a question....

 

Does making a CIEM in US or China make a difference in quality?

 

Is US built more superior?

post #4024 of 7403
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteryd View Post
 

I have a question....

 

Does making a CIEM in US or China make a difference in quality?

 

Is US built more superior?

 

none whatsoever... the guys who make our CIEM's are true Artisans of the trade... the Wizard is obsessive with quality as our happy Customers will attest.


Edited by OK-Guy - 5/12/14 at 6:47am
post #4025 of 7403
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteryd View Post

I have a question....

Does making a CIEM in US or China make a difference in quality?

Is US built more superior?


If I had a lab team that could provide me with this level of quality in Burma, the lab would be located there, Peru, Taiwan, Thailand, Germany, Japan or the USA , or any other location the same would hold true
Edited by FullCircle - 5/12/14 at 9:33am

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #4026 of 7403
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteryd View Post
 

I have a question....

 

Does making a CIEM in US or China make a difference in quality?

 

Is US built more superior?

 

 

A decade ago, Chinese-made (and also Taiwanese-made) products used to have a reputation for poor quality, but there is a lot of truly excellent quality gear being made in China and Taiwan these days - they've really upped their game substantially.

 

 

I guess you should also ask someone who's ordered CIEMs from a USA-based lab, such as Ultimate Ears or JHA.

 

I've personally owned some Unique Melody Miracle CIEMs (made in China) and they were very nicely made.

 

I also have a pair of Futuresonics MG6 Pro (made in USA) and they were made very badly.

 

 

I'm sure you have observed that Noble's CIEMs have quite an enviable reputation for build quality, and they have a lab in China.

 

 

 

As far as US-made CIEMs are concerned, the most obvious flagship competitor to Noble's flagship (K10) would be the JHA Roxanne, so perhaps you could ask some Roxanne owners about the build quality of their US-made Roxannes?

 

 

 

I hope you have a good CIEM experience, regardless of which company or country you order from.

post #4027 of 7403
UE stuff is top notch though and their lab is in the US, Roxanne, as its current state is not a fair comparision imo biggrin.gif
post #4028 of 7403
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

I'll be posting the Munich Hi-End Show set-ups soon... the Noble/Chord Tour arrives in Germany this weekend. :bigsmile_face:

 

Great! Are you going to be there as well?

post #4029 of 7403
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLm0sT View Post
 

 

Great! Are you going to be there as well?

 

unfortunately not but John Franks will be there heading the team. :normal_smile :

post #4030 of 7403
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

 

A decade ago, Chinese-made (and also Taiwanese-made) products used to have a reputation for poor quality, but there is a lot of truly excellent quality gear being made in China and Taiwan these days - they've really upped their game substantially.

 

 

I guess you should also ask someone who's ordered CIEMs from a USA-based lab, such as Ultimate Ears or JHA.

 

I've personally owned some Unique Melody Miracle CIEMs (made in China) and they were very nicely made.

 

I also have a pair of Futuresonics MG6 Pro (made in USA) and they were made very badly.

 

 

I'm sure you have observed that Noble's CIEMs have quite an enviable reputation for build quality, and they have a lab in China.

 

 

 

As far as US-made CIEMs are concerned, the most obvious flagship competitor to Noble's flagship (K10) would be the JHA Roxanne, so perhaps you could ask some Roxanne owners about the build quality of their US-made Roxannes?

 

 

 

I hope you have a good CIEM experience, regardless of which company or country you order from.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhminh93 View Post

UE stuff is top notch though and their lab is in the US, Roxanne, as its current state is not a fair comparision imo biggrin.gif

 

 

Good points all around.

 

I'd say with an actual product (be it tires, speakers, shirts, computer parts, whatever) the location of manufacture could be more significant. Do they have the raw materials locally or do those need to be imported? Is climate a factor? How about qualified technicians to maintain specialized production equipment? What about local shipping reliability? Unions? Taxes? 

 

Some of these factors apply to running a CIEM lab, but some of them don't. I'd think that the process for making CIEMs is similar no matter where the lab is based. It's not a very automated process so once the right equipment is on hand, it comes down to individual skill (which of course is a result of training), along with a good QA process - which in this case doesn't not require anything too amazingly complex.

 

As a result you end up with Noble and UM (and others) in China, Westone, UE, and 1964 Ears in the USA, Cosmic Ears in Sweden, etc, all having reputations for doing quality work. And there are examples of poor quality from various locations as well. 

 

The trick, I'd say, is making those high quality builds consistent from month to month, year to year. We've seen some brands start out strong and then fizzle out in terms of quality, and some other brands start out humble but eventually become really nice. The other piece of the puzzle is customer service - you can build the best CIEMs ever, but if good communication isn't there, it won't matter. Another piece is speed - nobody wants to wait 12 weeks for their order, although good communication can somewhat mitigate this part. 

 

And then there's the small matter of making your CIEMs actually sound good.

 

The company that does all the above well (cough... Noble.... cough) will be successful no matter where their lab is based. 

post #4031 of 7403

Mine should be coming in by monday!  :deadhorse:

post #4032 of 7403
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post
 

 

 

 

The company that does all the above well will be successful no matter where their lab is based. 

 

I would have to say that when considering a CIEM that the actual CIEM be your guide - which model appeals to you - then perhaps add location as a determining factor - if the idea of sending your baby off into the world for a refit gives you night sweats, perhaps a closer company might be better for you. There are high quality labs on every continent - there are artisans on every continent. Hell, if you had told me I could go to Poland for high quality silicone implants a few years ago, I would have thought you were crazy (and that you were reading the Eastern European edition of Hustler Magazine) - but today is different.

 

Pick the sound and look you want and open your checkbook with abandon. Damn the torpedoes - it's really a small blue-green ball anyway.

 

...and most of the damned BA's come from that uptight, repressed little country with a chip on it's shoulder - the good ol' US of A.

post #4033 of 7403

Noble needs to move everything to good ole  Orange County CA, that way I can drop by for visits daily.

post #4034 of 7403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post
 

Noble needs to move everything to good ole  Orange County CA, that way I can drop by for visits daily.

+1

post #4035 of 7403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post



...and most of the damned BA's come from that uptight, repressed little country with a chip on it's shoulder - the good ol' US of A.


Not really. The company is a USA company, but the BAs are made in several different areas of the world. ( Vietnam, Malaysia,,China)
Edited by FullCircle - 5/12/14 at 5:11pm

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!