or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 239

post #3571 of 24096

On a different topic, someone asked me (via PM) for help with some artwork for a competitor's CIEM. This led to there being a question about the necessary minimum pixel resolution, and I headed over to that competitor's website to find out if they state their minimum artwork resolution requirements. I haven't visited said website for many months, so imagine my surprise when I was confronted with the following statement emblazoned across the homepage:

 

"introducing the most beautiful (sounding) IEM in the planet"

 

Wow. That's quite a thing to self-proclaim about one's own product... :rolleyes:

 

Quite an evocative statement.

 

Actually, the thing it most evokes in my mind is the word 'arrogant' and the phrase 'impossible to substantiate'

 

We have a regulatory body in the UK called the Advertising Standards Authority. The ASA are certainly no angels but I am quite certain that they would not allow such a statement in mainstream UK advertising channels.

 

Furthermore, if hundreds of pages of negative forum comments, here on Head-fi, are anything to go by, if I were the owner of said company, I hardly think I'd be making such bold bragging statements at this point in time.

 

I'm fortunate that I am not a MOT, and neither do I have any affiliation with any particular company, so I can discuss such things openly.

 

Anyway, sorry for the digression, here in the Noble thread, but I just thought it was such an outlandish assertion from a competitor that it might raise a few eyebrows amongst the Noble crowd, and indeed many other owners of various brands of CIEM, across the globe.

 

 

 

.


Edited by Mython - 4/18/14 at 10:31am
post #3572 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


I think a headfier should be able to speak his mind without a MOT, so someone who obviously can not be detached and subjective, jumping at his throat in a condescending manner.

The Wizard's answer on the other hand was much more measured and informative.

I agree, people should be able to express their opinions and not be afraid to do so as long as it's not emotionally charged or insulting, etc. For me, negative posts about my products has always pushed me to do better.

 

I think the Wizards responses were perfectly handled.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post


Yes the shell is somewhat dull. But as I said before, I had a very shiny demo to begin with, as I had requested the shell to be shiny. ( mirror finish to be exact). When I complained about how easy the demo would shatter the supplier looked at me like I was an idiot, and explained to me that in order to get the shine I wanted, a less durable plastic had to be used. He said if I wanted durable, then I had to accept a duller finish..... I opted for durability
It is a BMW 318, not an Alpina BMW. Faulting it due to the fact it is a 318 is obtuse... As it is, what it is..... If one wants Alpina level workmanship, the Wizard design is the way to
go.

Durability is better. You wouldn't want your nuts cracked would you? :D

 

I agree that in contrast to the Wizard custom work, the universals are not the same, but it is ultimately about the sound. I think your car analogy is slightly off. It's more like, you get the performance of an Alpina BMW in a stock BMW 318 body style. That sounds like a bargain to me!

 

If you want the looks too, you have that option.

 

Kind of like how Oppo is positioning their headphones. PM-1 is their top end with top end parts and craftsmanship. PM-2 in theory will have the same sound, but much cheaper. Some will pay for the craftsmanship and some will wait to get the cheaper version. Choice is good.

post #3573 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post

On a different topic, someone asked me (via PM) for help with some artwork for a competitor's CIEM. This led to there being a question about the necessary minimum pixel resolution, and I headed over to that competitor's website to find out if they state their minimum artwork resolution requirements. I haven't visited said website for many months, so imagine my surprise when I was confronted with the following statement emblazoned across the homepage:

"introducing the most beautiful (sounding) IEM in the planet"

Wow. That's quite a thing to self-proclaim about one's own product... rolleyes.gif

Quite an evocative statement.

Actually, the thing it most evokes in my mind is the word 'arrogant' and the phrase 'impossible to substantiate'

We have a regulatory body in the UK called the Advertising Standards Authority. The ASA are certainly no angels but I am quite certain that they would not allow such a statement in mainstream UK advertising channels.

Furthermore, if hundreds of pages of negative forum comments, here on Head-fi, are anything to go by, if I were the owner of said company, I hardly think I'd be making such bold bragging statements at this point in time.

I'm fortunate that I am not a MOT, and neither do I have any affiliation with any particular company, so I can discuss such things openly.

Anyway, sorry for the digression, here in the Noble thread, but I just thought it was such an outlandish assertion from a competitor that it might raise a few eyebrows amongst the Noble crowd, and indeed many other owners of various brands of CIEM, across the globe.



.

Yea, the most, the best, perfect , the worlds first, the frivolous claims of trade secrets, and the attempts to patent the wheel

It gets old... But those types of comments are all over the place..... And a lot of times made by folks never even heard of

I try to use phrases such as " some of the best"

And if I am the first, I really try to find out if I am

I think I'm the first to use wood, but their may have been a hobiest out there doing so as well... So I really don't talk about it much.... First to cram 20 drivers though, and I think that is documented well enough

May be the first to do a true two in one (FR & pr) as well...

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #3574 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinf View Post

I agree, people should be able to express their opinions and not be afraid to do so as long as it's not emotionally charged or insulting, etc. For me, negative posts about my products has always pushed me to do better.

I think the Wizards responses were perfectly handled.

Durability is better. You wouldn't want your nuts cracked would you? biggrin.gif

I agree that in contrast to the Wizard custom work, the universals are not the same, but it is ultimately about the sound. I think your car analogy is slightly off. It's more like, you get the performance of an Alpina BMW in a stock BMW 318 body style. That sounds like a bargain to me!

If you want the looks too, you have that option.


Yes agreed, u r more accurate on the car analogy, as the sound is the same, wizards are just pimped out more

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #3575 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post


Yes agreed, u r more accurate on the car analogy, as the sound is the same, wizards are just pimped out more

 

'pimp my buds' Boss... can I have chromed alloy nuts? ohh and some go fast stripes & dual pin exhaust... I is da geezer. :tongue_smile:

post #3576 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

 

'pimp my buds' Boss... can I have chromed alloy nuts? ohh and some go fast stripes & dual pin exhaust... I is da geezer. :tongue_smile:

 

 

What, no neon? :biggrin:

 

post #3577 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

 

What, no neon? :biggrin:

 

 

forgot about that, neon strobes are a must, best to be flash about these things. :wink_face:

post #3578 of 24096

Well, you should be OK with light blue strobes for the left earpiece, but there might be a problem finding claret-coloured strobes for the right.

 

I guess you'll have to choose Away colours instead!

post #3579 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

Well, you should be OK with light blue strobes for the left earpiece, but there might be a problem finding claret-coloured strobes for the right.

 

I guess you'll have to choose Away colours instead!

 

I'm on it... :tongue_smile:... best not to mention Claret & Blue to me, it's like throwing a stick for a mutt cur.

 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_n_4?rh=n%3A213077031%2Ck%3Apurple+strobe+lights&keywords=purple+strobe+lights&ie=UTF8&qid=1397851327&rnid=1642204031


Edited by OK-Guy - 4/18/14 at 1:07pm
post #3580 of 24096

Just ship my ear impression and 2nd k10 for reshell while waiting for the Roxanne.

 

I will try to make a comparison between mentor, k10 and roxanne after they arrive.

post #3581 of 24096

I was playing around in Photoshop, trying to come up with an idea for a Wizard design.. 

 

and I came up with this "What if" design. Is it possible for the Wizard to create something similar to this? *Crosses fingers*

 

What do you guys think?

 

post #3582 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis9 View Post
 

I was playing around in Photoshop, trying to come up with an idea for a Wizard design.. 

 

and I came up with this "What if" design. Is it possible for the Wizard to create something similar to this? *Crosses fingers*

 

What do you guys think?

 

 

 

I like the faceplate, but feel it would pop more using a lighter shell color.

post #3583 of 24096

You're right. I think a transparent blue would look great. 

post #3584 of 24096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis9 View Post
 

You're right. I think a transparent blue would look great. 

 

looks like the Sky's the limit now you've involved Wata (part of the in-thread design team)... the wispy clouds are a nice touch.

 

Wata... the secret?... you just knew I would resurrect this this weekend.

 

 

btw Happy Easter all.

post #3585 of 24096
I just sent my 5th, yes 5th set of impressions to them as the previous had been rejected. It's frustrating but much better than having a product that doesn't properly fit. If they are no good, they'll let you know and why.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!