or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 208

post #3106 of 24015
Am I coming off as asking for an argument? If yes, I apology as English is not my first language thus, any potential hostile tone is definitely unintended. I am not trying to say 8C is a bad product in any mean.

Back to the discussion, while a proper seal with a CIEM will result in better SQ, no doubt, will it change the sound drastically to the extend that the problems i have with 8C sound signiture will go away? I highly doubt so, if not, what is the point of a demo unit then, i couls have gone with an 8C and saved myself a few hundred dollars ( a big sum for me since I am only a student, the K10 costs me half a year of part time work biggrin.gif)

I brought in the Mad Dog measurement here because it is really the first time I have made a purchase base off measurement alone without even trying and the graph did, according to my friend who recommended it to me, represents the kind of sound that I would like. Usually, I will go and audition whatever is available within my budget, note down those that I like, go back and do additional researches then audition them again before making my decision. I have yet to reach the stage to be able to afford different systems to experiment and broaden my experience and what I have now will be what I use exclusively for a long time.
Edited by minhminh93 - 4/5/14 at 7:13am
post #3107 of 24015
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

 

you get a proper seal with a CIEM, with a IEM the tips are paramount not only for seal but for SQ.

 

not wanting to get into a argument over this but graphs never enter the equation when I buy anything to do with Hi-Fi or Porta-Fi... I have owned some nice systems during my time on this planet and I've relied on my ears exclusively with some pretty excellent results.  

i listened to the K10 iem demo unit at munkongadget thailand just a couple days ago. i found them difficult to get a good seal and stable sound.

With them inserted normally they sounded slightly sibilant and lacking in bass but with a light press they became bassy and lost treble. i couldnt find a nice in between and it was kind of an anti climax as i had been dying to hear the k10s in all their glory for the past month.

 

 

however when i AB,d back to my IE800s (which i love) the K10s made them seem muffled so i did get a feel of how capable they are. To make the ie800s seem muffled and lacking in clarity and detail is no easy task. i will be ordering the K10s shortly as soon as i have gathered a few design cues from chatuchak market for a thai themed custom design i discussed last month.

 

On another note i will be heading over to another headphone store on monday to buy the just arrived X5.  I demo'd the X5 and their detail retrieval was superb, should be a good pairing with the K10's hopefully.

post #3108 of 24015
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedphonz View Post

i listened to the K10 iem demo unit at munkongadget thailand just a couple days ago. i found them difficult to get a good seal and stable sound.
With them inserted normally they sounded slightly sibilant and lacking in bass but with a light press they became bassy and lost treble. i couldnt find a nice in between and it was kind of an anti climax as i had been dying to hear the k10s in all their glory for the past month.


however when i AB,d back to my IE800s (which i love) the K10s made them seem muffled so i did get a feel of how capable they are. To make the ie800s seem muffled and lacking in clarity and detail is no easy task. i will be ordering the K10s shortly as soon as i have gathered a few design cues from chatuchak market for a thai themed custom design i discussed last month.

On another note i will be heading over to another headphone store on monday to buy the just arrived X5.  I demo'd the X5 and their detail retrieval was superb, should be a good pairing with the K10's hopefully.
Hey, don't be dissing my IE-800s!! That is until I also get a pair of K-10's...
post #3109 of 24015
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhminh93 View Post

Am I coming off as asking for an argument? If yes, I apology as English is not my first language thus, any potential hostile tone is definitely unintended.

 

I never thought you were criticising or looking for a argument... I just got this thing about graphs. :beerchug:

post #3110 of 24015
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedphonz View Post

i listened to the K10 iem demo unit at munkongadget thailand just a couple days ago. i found them difficult to get a good seal and stable sound.
With them inserted normally they sounded slightly sibilant and lacking in bass but with a light press they became bassy and lost treble. i couldnt find a nice in between and it was kind of an anti climax as i had been dying to hear the k10s in all their glory for the past month.


however when i AB,d back to my IE800s (which i love) the K10s made them seem muffled so i did get a feel of how capable they are. To make the ie800s seem muffled and lacking in clarity and detail is no easy task. i will be ordering the K10s shortly as soon as i have gathered a few design cues from chatuchak market for a thai themed custom design i discussed last month.

On another note i will be heading over to another headphone store on monday to buy the just arrived X5.  I demo'd the X5 and their detail retrieval was superb, should be a good pairing with the K10's hopefully.

While at mkg, did u demo the pr IEM?

I used to buy Siamese rose wood at chatuchak... Come to think of it, amboyna burl is actually a burl taken from the Siamese rosewood



The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #3111 of 24015
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post


While at mkg, did u demo the pr IEM?

I used to buy Siamese rose wood at chatuchak... Come to think of it, amboyna burl is actually a burl taken from the Siamese rosewood



 

 

That's funny-looking carbon-fibre, John!

post #3112 of 24015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

That's funny-looking carbon-fibre, John!

 

doesn't carbon-fibre have to be printed for the right effect?... :wink_face: 

post #3113 of 24015
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

 

doesn't carbon-fibre have to be printed for the right effect?... :wink_face: 

 

 

Depends who you talk to! :ph34r:

post #3114 of 24015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post


That's funny-looking carbon-fibre, John!


Yea, we produce it rather prolifically & the turn around time is not effected at all.

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #3115 of 24015

Where did you crazy kids learn English? Its FIBER, also COLOR. :deadhorse:

post #3116 of 24015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post
 

Where did you crazy kids learn English? Its FIBER, also COLOR. :deadhorse:

 

 

 

Really? All this time, I was under the impression that the language I've grown up speaking is English.

 

Not French. Not German. Not Swahili. Not 'American' :rolleyes:

 

Since you asked; I learned to speak English in England. Where did you learn to teach English?

 

 

 

Back to CIEMs, I'm waiting for the day when JM makes a pair of CIEMs carved out of a solid block of wood (note to JM: solid Amboyna will do nicely :wink:)


Edited by Mython - 4/5/14 at 12:11pm
post #3117 of 24015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post

Where did you crazy kids learn English? Its FIBER, also COLOR. :deadhorse:

 

It's not its :P

post #3118 of 24015
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

 

 

Really? All this time, I was under the impression that the language I've grown up speaking is English.

 

Not French. Not German. Not Swahili. Not 'American' :rolleyes:

 

Since you asked; I learned to speak English in England. Where did you learn to teach English?

 

 

 

That's a great rant... when combined with the accent I attribute to you. I'll be reading all yours posts that way from now on (and chuckling whenever appropriate). 

post #3119 of 24015
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post
 

 

That's a great rant... when combined with the accent I attribute to you. I'll be reading all yours posts that way from now on (and chuckling whenever appropriate). 

 

Hardly a rant (apologies if it seemed that way). It was merely a terse response. I just think it's a bit rich for an American to lecture an Englishman on how to spell English correctly :wink_face:

 

And FTR, I have several American friends who(m) I visit periodically  :beerchug: 


Edited by Mython - 4/5/14 at 2:28pm
post #3120 of 24015
Thread Starter 

Ha! No, I get it.... you guys want to claim it. But thanks to Hollywood, the standard has sort of been shifted. For better or worse. I think the whole concept of an "accent" is fun, since none of us tend to admit we have our own. "My pronunciation is the default, everyone who deviates has an accent!" 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!