Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 176

post #2626 of 7608

While I'm waiting on mine to come back, can I ask. What kind of connectors are on the CIEMs? By connectors I don't mean flushed or recessed. I meant whether it is a right angle bend or straight out? I read through countless pages and I recalled this topic mentioned,

 

1) the plastic thing near the ear sucks (the hard one around the wire part) - does the customs come with it?

2) the right angle bends seem to allow the housing to sit flushed to ear, looks comfortable too.

nevermind scrap number 2. I googled and actually came across Sorensiim's picture. That's the one I saw:

 



I guess it's a custom? I recall some shures have these when I demoed and they sit flushed to the ears; AND comfortable. So it's a DIY? I do wish they come with these, haha.

post #2627 of 7608
Quote:
Originally Posted by sq3rjick View Post

The N6 is probably the closest universal to the K10.


Really? Have you listened to both?

post #2628 of 7608
Quote:
Originally Posted by scook94 View Post
 


Really? Have you listened to both?

 

I would like to know.. If they only made a Universal Version of K10..

post #2629 of 7608
Quote:
Originally Posted by du3z View Post


I guess it's a custom? I recall some shures have these when I demoed and they sit flushed to the ears; AND comfortable. So it's a DIY? I do wish they come with these, haha.

 

I wonder if Noble can do that as an option? Surely it's not really any more expensive to do if you have the parts?


Edited by matthewh133 - 3/18/14 at 2:13am
post #2630 of 7608
Quote:
Originally Posted by du3z View Post
 

While I'm waiting on mine to come back, can I ask. What kind of connectors are on the CIEMs? By connectors I don't mean flushed or recessed. I meant whether it is a right angle bend or straight out? I read through countless pages and I recalled this topic mentioned,

 

1) the plastic thing near the ear sucks (the hard one around the wire part) - does the customs come with it?

2) the right angle bends seem to allow the housing to sit flushed to ear, looks comfortable too.

nevermind scrap number 2. I googled and actually came across Sorensiim's picture. That's the one I saw:

 



I guess it's a custom? I recall some shures have these when I demoed and they sit flushed to the ears; AND comfortable. So it's a DIY? I do wish they come with these, haha.

That's indeed DIY. Stock Noble cable with these connectors: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221348277210?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

 

Don't let the ebay link fool you - they are actually high quality and if you ask the seller he has the clear version as well. 

post #2631 of 7608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorensiim View Post
 

That's indeed DIY. Stock Noble cable with these connectors: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221348277210?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

 

Don't let the ebay link fool you - they are actually high quality and if you ask the seller he has the clear version as well. 

 

Oh looks good. I thought there was soldering involved..can't do any of that. This looks like you connect the end of the stock cable to this piece, and this piece to the IEM?

post #2632 of 7608
Quote:
Originally Posted by du3z View Post
 

 

Oh looks good. I thought there was soldering involved..can't do any of that. This looks like you connect the end of the stock cable to this piece, and this piece to the IEM?

There IS soldering involved. Tons of DIY'ers on this lovely site will be able to help you out if you're not up for the challenge yourself. Otherwise today looks like a good day to learn how to solder :smile:

post #2633 of 7608

DELETE


Edited by Mython - 4/1/14 at 4:28pm
post #2634 of 7608
Quote:
Originally Posted by scook94 View Post


Really? Have you listened to both?

Unfortunately, I haven't listened to both. I have heard the Heir 8.A, which is comparable (though not exactly the same) to the 8C. The 5 is tuned most similar to the 8C. I have heard the 4, which is more neutral and with less bass than the K10. They don't really sound the same at all to me. The 3 has a more colored V shaped sound signature, ruling it out.

From the descriptions I've read, the N6 is the 4 with more bass and a bit better detail retrieval, which most closely matches the K10, which I am intimately familiar with. The N6 isn't exactly the same as the K10, nor could it be, but I do believe, even though I haven't heard it, that it is the closest Noble universal to the K10.
post #2635 of 7608

Received the order completion email last saturday.
Waiting for shipping and tracking number now!

post #2636 of 7608

Anyone used K10s with an iPhone and a Chord Hugo? Interested in the synergy among them, if any.

post #2637 of 7608
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfox7076 View Post
 

Anyone used K10s with an iPhone and a Chord Hugo? Interested in the synergy among them, if any.

 

I've done Noble 8C and 4C, but not K10. It's quite good - clean background, no hiss, very transparent, plenty of volume range before it gets too loud. So I imagine it would sing with pretty much any IEM. 

post #2638 of 7608

Are the tips on the uiems the same as the Heir ones?

post #2639 of 7608
Hey guys, anybody using Balanced cables with the K-10? If so how do you like them? My AK-240 needs a good pair of Ciem's , and leaning The K-10 way. Thanks..
post #2640 of 7608
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh600rr View Post

Hey guys, anybody using Balanced cables with the K-10?

 

Yes, I think I recall Sorensiim made a balanced cable for his K10s (after he made his non-balanced cable), which he posted about somewhere within this same thread, but I can't find that particular post right now, but in the meantime, here are some other mentions of the K10 + balanced cable + iBasso PB2 amp:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/1080#post_10125175

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/1035#post_10114465

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/1335#post_10161198


Edited by Mython - 3/18/14 at 8:24pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!