Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 155

post #2311 of 5344
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

Roxanne sounds warm, overall quite balanced. The sound signature, specially the mid and treble resemble my JH13 FP and JH16 non FP to a very large extent. Before I get my roxanne, I heard that roxanne is more mid centric compared to the JH13 FP. This is not true to my ears, although JH13 sounds brighter. Actually roxanne's mid range is a little bit more laid back compared to JH13. JH13 is more forward, but the combination of the forwardness and imbalance of mid and sub bass prevents me from enjoying the bass of JH13, I am glad that roxanne doesn't have that problem. My JH16 non - FP (with Twag) can produce similar type of bass as the Roxanne with 70% bass gain, but with more clarity and air in the presentation. Anyways, what I am trying to say here is if you already JH13 or 16 and wish to buy another CIEM, roxanne is not for you IMO unless you want adjustable bass alone, because it's definitely not a upgrade over 13/16 to my ears.

 

One thing bothers me the most is the treble extension of JHA. I just don't hear it.not in JH16, not in JH13 certainly not in roxanne either..where is the super extended treble everybody is talking about.....

 

In contrast, K10 is more accurate and neutral. The mid and treble are so much linear compared to roxanne's. In detail, K10's mid/upper mid is more forward giving you more emotion and fullness of the music, in terms of vocal position, body and brightness. Roxanne has up and downs above 2K Hz here and there. K10 has a little hump too at lower treble region (but very little), same as JHA product, but the clarity, imaging, transparency, micro detail and resolution is greater than roxanne due to the better/linear treble extension. So it doesn't give you the feeling that instruments are thrown all to your face rather than a well balanced presentation through the whole spectrum region. K10, a musical/smoother IEM actually sounds a little bit brighter than roxanne.

 

To me, accuracy is the key to enjoy music (providing the music is well mastered). In this regards, K10 surpasses roxanne for me.

 

Warm, and "mid-centric" are definitely relative terms. For me, 汪峰 sounds absolutely the best on minimum bass with Roxanne ;)

post #2312 of 5344
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3r0day View Post
 

 

Warm, and "mid-centric" are definitely relative terms. For me, 汪峰 sounds absolutely the best on minimum bass with Roxanne ;)

Funny I audition/listen to every CIEM/IEM with at least one or two Wang Feng (汪峰)'s song. They sound really good on evolving CIEMs like SE5 and NT6, also K10, specially the false chord vocal part.:D 

post #2313 of 5344
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

Funny I audition/listen to every CIEM/IEM with at least one or two Wang Feng (汪峰)'s song. They sound really good on evolving CIEMs like SE5 and NT6, also K10, specially the false chord vocal part.:D 

Haha I remembered seeing a pic you posted (AK120) that was playing his song...

post #2314 of 5344
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post
 

Oh, you mean this fellow?

 

 

Very nice with IEMs from my somewhat limited testing (it just arrived). 

 

look forward to your views, truly interested.

post #2315 of 5344
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

Funny I audition/listen to every CIEM/IEM with at least one or two Wang Feng (汪峰)'s song. They sound really good on evolving CIEMs like SE5 and NT6, also K10, specially the false chord vocal part.:D 


+1 Can't wait to listen when K10s get here and hopefully if the SE5 will fit in my ears.

post #2316 of 5344
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

EM32 is actually a bass heavier CIEM than K10 (I know, it's surprising when K10 is already considered to have strong bass, I will compare more than I get the custom version, but I haven't heard of anything that has more bass than EM32). EM32's bass has crazy impact and power, the bass almost equal to my roxanne with maximum bass gain. It's tune to sound like speaker type of bass, so if you are not a basshead, you might find it too much on certain songs. If you do appreciate bass, EM32 will give you that “topple the mountains and sea (translated from Chinese directly lol)” type of feeling. The mid and treble sound neutral on both, with EM32 has a slightly warmer, airer, more shimmering kind of sound. EM32 is more lower - mid forward, providing you that "BIG" sound compared to the more balanced K10 mid range. K10 has a more accurate upper mid/lower treble region while EM32 has a slight cut around 4-8k Hz, but not much. EM32 has better treble extension, actually a lifted upper treble (similar to LCD 2 rev.1) which obvious will bring out more micro detail and overall resolution, giving you that creamy,exquisite type of presentation. K10 is not far behind. Sound stage width is about the same with K10 slightly edging out, EM32 has more depth.

Thanks for answering. I have a Em32 but before I went with the EM32 I was looking at the K10. I seem to have made the right choice. I think it has about as much bass as the Heir 8a but less midbass and tighter.
post #2317 of 5344

Does anyone know what kind of postage Noble uses from their China warehouse to send the finished CIEM's? Is it just standard or express/tracking etc?

post #2318 of 5344
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post

Does anyone know what kind of postage Noble uses from their China warehouse to send the finished CIEM's? Is it just standard or express/tracking etc?

I was told ups or ems, Id guess insurance and tracking would be included.
post #2319 of 5344
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post
 

Does anyone know what kind of postage Noble uses from their China warehouse to send the finished CIEM's? Is it just standard or express/tracking etc?

 

From our FAQ:

 

We ship all of our IEMs and CIEMs out via UPS unless otherwise requested. Orders consisitng of only accessories and apparel are generally sent out via USPS (EMS).

Brannan Mason

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #2320 of 5344
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkokkid View Post
 

 

From our FAQ:

 

We ship all of our IEMs and CIEMs out via UPS unless otherwise requested. Orders consisitng of only accessories and apparel are generally sent out via USPS (EMS).


Nice one, missed it. Thanks Brannan :beerchug:

post #2321 of 5344
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post
 


Nice one, missed it. Thanks Brannan :beerchug:

Haha, no worries! :beerchug: 

Brannan Mason

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #2322 of 5344
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkokkid View Post
 

Haha, no worries! :beerchug: 

 

what a ironic statement... seeing as I'm having a K-10 listening day.

 

but alas a feel a mammoth depression coming on, tomorrow the N6, 8C & K-10 depart... so 'no worries' is a bit of a misnomer in this part of the globe.

post #2323 of 5344
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

 

what a ironic statement... seeing as I'm having a K-10 listening day.

 

but alas a feel a mammoth depression coming on, tomorrow the N6, 8C & K-10 depart... so 'no worries' is a bit of a misnomer in this part of the globe.

How does the 8C compare to the K10? Especially for that all important earth shattering bass. :normal_smile :

post #2324 of 5344
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbreezy View Post
 

How does the 8C compare to the K10? Especially for that all important earth shattering bass. :normal_smile :

 

this is a purely personal response.. I love my music a bit fuller sounding but detailed so I tend to go for a bass'ier sound, hence my appreciation of the N5 (& N3)... my music taste are centred around Classic Soul & Rock (though I enjoy most genres).

 

for me personally it's a tough call as I could easily own both and live happily ever after... first up was the 8C and I knew this was one that would suit my taste, the bass is a bit mental but not in a bad or overpowering way, it's a absolute hoot with 'live' recordings 'Celebration Day' by Led Zep left me with the widest smile since Jack played The Joker, the opening bars of 'The Whole Towns Laughing At Me' really did leave me in awe at the power & depth of the bass. Moving on to folk, Nanci Griffiths was a delight (Dust Bowl Symphony), lovely mids, subtle crisp highs, the orchestration was delightful... not much to fault with the 8C especially when it ticked all my boxes.

 

the K-10 is a different animal and I really didn't think it could top the 8C (my taste considered)... it is the better headphone forsure, I've never encountered anything of the class of either of these headphones so this weekend has not only been a privilege but a eye-opener to the world of Hi-End CIEM's... with the 8C you know from the outset that the presentation is slightly warm & detailed... the K-10 has more of everything and is more neutral in it's presentation, it has the same bass depth but it is more controlled, not that the 8C lacks control, I'm making no sense here so I'll leave it alone.


Edited by OK-Guy - 3/2/14 at 8:40am
post #2325 of 5344
Quote:
 Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

EM32 is actually a bass heavier CIEM than K10 (I know, it's surprising when K10 is already considered to have strong bass, I will compare more than I get the custom version, but I haven't heard of anything that has more bass than EM32). EM32's bass has crazy impact and power, the bass almost equal to my roxanne with maximum bass gain. It's tune to sound like speaker type of bass, so if you are not a basshead, you might find it too much on certain songs. If you do appreciate bass, EM32 will give you that “topple the mountains and sea (translated from Chinese directly lol)” type of feeling. The mid and treble sound neutral on both, with EM32 has a slightly warmer, airer, more shimmering kind of sound. EM32 is more lower - mid forward, providing you that "BIG" sound compared to the more balanced K10 mid range. K10 has a more accurate upper mid/lower treble region while EM32 has a slight cut around 4-8k Hz, but not much. EM32 has better treble extension, actually a lifted upper treble (similar to LCD 2 rev.1) which obvious will bring out more micro detail and overall resolution, giving you that creamy,exquisite type of presentation. K10 is not far behind. Sound stage width is about the same with K10 slightly edging out, EM32 has more depth.

Honestly I hope I'm not too far in over my head on the K10s, I had the SM3 v1s a while back and loved those so the closely regarding EM32s might have been the better choice (IN THEORY). I'll surely see when the Kaiser 10's arrive in a few weeks though as I'll have a IEM card fitted HM 901 awaiting them humbly on my desk. : ). Can't say I'm regretting my purchase at all despite all that, with any high-end CIEM none are necessarily a bad choice, all technically on the same level, just different tuning. At this current waiting stage I'm just going through different comparisons to better prepare myself for what to expect haha, the anticipation is slowly decaying my insides.

 

P.S. In regards to the obvious quote, Tupac, in all you would say that both the Kaiser and the Earsonics are technically similar; with the EM32's tuning being slightly more bass and lower mid oriented? And if you don't mind me asking, how do the Earsonics compare to your 5ways?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!