or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 153

post #2281 of 24048
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisbot View Post

Personally, I enjoy the Roxanne slightly more than the K10, BUT I can see why the K10 could be preferred by more people. It hits that sweet spot in pretty much everything it does, there's an incredible balance. With that and the customer service, I would seriously look at the K10. I don't think it'll disappoint most, in fact, it'll probably be the king of your IEM collection.

 

I believe you're the first person who has heard both to report favouring the Roxannes. If it's not too much to ask, could you type a sentence or two on how you think they differ/compare, or what you like more about the Roxannes?

post #2282 of 24048
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioops View Post
 

Haha I was just asking you about this on the other thread. Seems you beat me to it. Could you give us a few words on the differences, or at least what you like more about the K10s? I was planning on saving up for Roxannes but everything I've read, including the JH customer service, makes me think the K10s might be a better choice.

Roxanne sounds warm, overall quite balanced. The sound signature, specially the mid and treble resemble my JH13 FP and JH16 non FP to a very large extent. Before I get my roxanne, I heard that roxanne is more mid centric compared to the JH13 FP. This is not true to my ears, although JH13 sounds brighter. Actually roxanne's mid range is a little bit more laid back compared to JH13. JH13 is more forward, but the combination of the forwardness and imbalance of mid and sub bass prevents me from enjoying the bass of JH13, I am glad that roxanne doesn't have that problem. My JH16 non - FP (with Twag) can produce similar type of bass as the Roxanne with 70% bass gain, but with more clarity and air in the presentation. Anyways, what I am trying to say here is if you already JH13 or 16 and wish to buy another CIEM, roxanne is not for you IMO unless you want adjustable bass alone, because it's definitely not a upgrade over 13/16 to my ears.

 

One thing bothers me the most is the treble extension of JHA. I just don't hear it.not in JH16, not in JH13 certainly not in roxanne either..where is the super extended treble everybody is talking about.....

 

In contrast, K10 is more accurate and neutral. The mid and treble are so much linear compared to roxanne's. In detail, K10's mid/upper mid is more forward giving you more emotion and fullness of the music, in terms of vocal position, body and brightness. Roxanne has up and downs above 2K Hz here and there. K10 has a little hump too at lower treble region (but very little), same as JHA product, but the clarity, imaging, transparency, micro detail and resolution is greater than roxanne due to the better/linear treble extension. So it doesn't give you the feeling that instruments are thrown all to your face rather than a well balanced presentation through the whole spectrum region. K10, a musical/smoother IEM actually sounds a little bit brighter than roxanne.

 

To me, accuracy is the key to enjoy music (providing the music is well mastered). In this regards, K10 surpasses roxanne for me.


Edited by tupac0306 - 2/28/14 at 7:33am
post #2283 of 24048
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbreezy View Post
 

Did you change from UPS, or is this a UK movement of IEMs? Either way, that's a nice haul. 

 

it is a nice haul but they all leave Monday unfortunately... I probably won't see them again. :confused_face:

 

still think of the positives... I get a home-demo. :tongue_smile:

post #2284 of 24048

Tupac... how did you find the Hugo with IEM's.

post #2285 of 24048
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioops View Post
 

Dr Moulton, do you recommend the use of a portable amp with the K10s if driven from an iPhone 5S? That is, do you think the difference would be significant?

 

not speaking for the Wizard... my personal experience is a big 'yes', my N5's love a bit of extra juice.... I've never owned a iThingy so bear that in mind.

post #2286 of 24048
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

Tupac... how did you find the Hugo with IEM's.

HUGO sounds very neutral to my ears with a touch of warmth. However it was too noisy in the show to come up with any accurate impression ;)


Edited by tupac0306 - 2/28/14 at 8:32am
post #2287 of 24048
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

HUGO sounds very neutral to my ears with a touch of warmth.

sounds like a perfect match for my nt6 pros :)

post #2288 of 24048
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post
 

sounds like a perfect match for my nt6 pros :)

Yep, I think so, bring out the mid a little more ;)

post #2289 of 24048
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioops View Post
 

Dr Moulton, do you recommend the use of a portable amp with the K10s if driven from an iPhone 5S? That is, do you think the difference would be significant?

 

That is like asking if I recommend "ice" with water.  Sure the water is fine without ice....   but adding ice brings about a better experience (generally speaking & opinions may vary)

 

 

I use an amp at least 90% of the time when listening to my gear, the other 10% of the time I'm probably listening to a recorded book:)

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #2290 of 24048
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
 

 

That is like asking if I recommend "ice" with water.  Sure the water is fine without ice....   but adding ice brings about a better experience (generally speaking & opinions may vary)

 

 

I use an amp at least 90% of the time when listening to my gear, the other 10% of the time I'm probably listening to a recorded book:)

 

Even milk is better with ice, I want my cold beverages really cold.

post #2291 of 24048
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

Roxanne sounds warm, overall quite balanced. The sound signature, specially the mid and treble resemble my JH13 FP and JH16 non FP to a very large extent. Before I get my roxanne, I heard that roxanne is more mid centric compared to the JH13 FP. This is not true to my ears, although JH13 sounds brighter. Actually roxanne's mid range is a little bit more laid back compared to JH13. JH13 is more forward, but the combination of the forwardness and imbalance of mid and sub bass prevents me from enjoying the bass of JH13, I am glad that roxanne doesn't have that problem. My JH16 non - FP (with Twag) can produce similar type of bass as the Roxanne with 70% bass gain, but with more clarity and air in the presentation. Anyways, what I am trying to say here is if you already JH13 or 16 and wish to buy another CIEM, roxanne is not for you IMO unless you want adjustable bass alone, because it's definitely not a upgrade over 13/16 to my ears.

 

One thing bothers me the most is the treble extension of JHA. I just don't hear it.not in JH16, not in JH13 certainly not in roxanne either..where is the super extended treble everybody is talking about.....

 

In contrast, K10 is more accurate and neutral. The mid and treble are so much linear compared to roxanne's. In detail, K10's mid/upper mid is more forward giving you more emotion and fullness of the music, in terms of vocal position, body and brightness. Roxanne has up and downs above 2K Hz here and there. K10 has a little hump too at lower treble region (but very little), same as JHA product, but the clarity, imaging, transparency, micro detail and resolution is greater than roxanne due to the better/linear treble extension. So it doesn't give you the feeling that instruments are thrown all to your face rather than a well balanced presentation through the whole spectrum region. K10, a musical/smoother IEM actually sounds a little bit brighter than roxanne.

 

To me, accuracy is the key to enjoy music (providing the music is well mastered). In this regards, K10 surpasses roxanne for me.

 

Nice one, thanks for your thoughts :beerchug:

post #2292 of 24048

ohhh my I'm in love with my ZX1 and... :tongue_smile:

post #2293 of 24048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post

Even milk is better with ice, I want my cold beverages really cold.
Whoa... Milk n ice? I equate that to beer n ice...no good.
Pro tip, lower your refrigerator temperature smily_headphones1.gif
post #2294 of 24048
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickson View Post


Whoa... Milk n ice? I equate that to beer n ice...no good.
Pro tip, lower your refrigerator temperature smily_headphones1.gif

 

Beer and ice is a travesty, but have you ever had ice flakes in whole milk from low fridge settings?  Amazing.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

ohhh my I'm in love with my ZX1 and... :tongue_smile:

 

It sucks that the ZX-1's don't come with warranty's state-side.  Gotta look at alternatives.  I hate to say it, but the Fiio X5 grabbed my attention.  It's supposed to be pretty neutral.  I'd like to see a comparison to the DX100 and 901.
post #2295 of 24048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headiest View Post


It sucks that the ZX-1's don't come with warranty's state-side.

 

expect an announcement next month, I reckon.

 

the ZX1 pairs real well with the 8C... I'm real impressed, I would dish out some gut wrenching superlatives but I'll keep it simple.

 

I like it a lot Boss... :beerchug:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!