Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 147

post #2191 of 5656
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkokkid View Post

We are looking forward to said review as well! beerchug.gif  

There's a disturbing lack of actual detailed reviews for the Noble products so far, so it will be good to get another out there!
post #2192 of 5656
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post


There's a disturbing lack of actual detailed reviews for the Noble products so far, so it will be good to get another out there!

Yeah, you're right. I for one have been constantly delaying my N4 review and I promised it at least a couple of weeks ago but I keep getting distracted by other stuff and after that I'm too tired but mostly too lazy to get down to it. 

post #2193 of 5656
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Yeah, you're right. I for one have been constantly delaying my N4 review and I promised it at least a couple of weeks ago but I keep getting distracted by other stuff and after that I'm too tired but mostly too lazy to get down to it. 

Very interested to read your review. I have been holding off on ordering a UF 4 until i read some decent impressions. I want something similar in sig to my FitEar F111 but with better clarity, bass and transparency. 

post #2194 of 5656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauntere View Post
 

Very interested to read your review. I have been holding off on ordering a UF 4 until i read some decent impressions. I want something similar in sig to my FitEar F111 but with better clarity, bass and transparency. 

Well, I'll try to dedicate some time for the review and hopefully finish it this week. I did lose time waiting for some tips and the Ortofon ones kinda caught me off guard coz now I have to take into account how they make the N4 sound. Also, I was kinda split between which tips to use with the N4 - the stock dark blue ones or the ortofon ones but in the end I should take advantage of the option to change the sound and use them both depending on my mood.

 

Now, I haven't heard F111 but I know it's supposed to be an er4s tribute (if I'm not wrong it uses the same drivers) but judging by its measurement it has more bass and more laid back and lower on sparkle highs. The N4 with the stock tips has a weightier and thicker low end and a bit thicker and more realistic overall sound than er4s while still highly detailed might be what you're looking. You can also get the ortofon tips and turn the N4 into a more analytical iem with leaner and cooler sound and more transparent and rawer presentation if transparency and clarity are your main priority. Either way, the N4 is a fine iem that is easily driven and sounds great.


Edited by kova4a - 2/24/14 at 10:24pm
post #2195 of 5656
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Well, I'll try to dedicate some time for the review and hopefully finish it this week. I did lose time waiting for some tips and the Ortofon ones kinda caught me off guard coz now I have to take into account how they make the N4 sound. Also, I was kinda split between which tips to use with the N4 - the stock dark blue ones or the ortofon ones but in the end I should take advantage of the option to change the sound and use them both depending on my mood.

 

Now, I haven't heard F111 but I know it's supposed to be an er4s tribute (if I'm not wrong it uses the same drivers) but judging by its measurement it has more bass and more laid back and lower on sparkle highs. The N4 with the stock tips has a weightier and thicker low end and a bit thicker and more realistic overall sound than er4s while still highly detailed might be what you're looking. You can also get the ortofon tips and turn the N4 into a more analytical iem with leaner and cooler sound and more transparent and rawer presentation if transparency and clarity are your main priority. Either way, the N4 is a fine iem that is easily driven and sounds great.

Thanks for taking the time to response.. I will look forward to your more detailed review. Yes, i think they may be exactly what i want.

post #2196 of 5656
Hi guys , it seems that the noble 5 universal does not seem to be very popular here... anyone heard it before? Can give review on how it sounds? Maybe if possible compare with noble 4 universal too. Thanks !smily_headphones1.gif
post #2197 of 5656
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewh133 View Post


There's a disturbing lack of actual detailed reviews for the Noble products so far, so it will be good to get another out there!

I'd like to read some more detailed reviews as well. My "sounds great" impressions/review doesn't really help. :redface:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuzModa View Post

Hi guys , it seems that the noble 5 universal does not seem to be very popular here... anyone heard it before? Can give review on how it sounds? Maybe if possible compare with noble 4 universal too. Thanks !smily_headphones1.gif

As far as I am aware, the N5 is the same as the Heir Audio 5.0, and is thus a known quantity. A lot of the attention is probably diverted to the N6 and K10 as well. 

post #2198 of 5656
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuzModa View Post

Hi guys , it seems that the noble 5 universal does not seem to be very popular here... anyone heard it before? Can give review on how it sounds? Maybe if possible compare with noble 4 universal too. Thanks !smily_headphones1.gif

 

I love the N5 it's my precious... it is a different animal to the N4.

 

I'm away for a few days but will give my personal thoughts on the N5 upon my return (email me via the website if you prefer)... I haven't heard the N4 so it may be best to ask others (the Wiz has changed the design so my knowledge of the 4.Ai is pretty much redundant). 

post #2199 of 5656

Been listening to my N4 for about a week now, and it's really growing on me. I use the foam tips which for me sacrifice a little detail for a smoother sound overall.

I do like my bass and coming from the Westone 3 i felt it was was delivering way more in quantity than quality. The N4 is the opposite, the bass is there but not intrusive, and IMO better. I would prefer a tad more presence in the lows but this is my preference. The N4 is a lot more neutral, midrange is detailed and natural with a slight accent is the upper mids which works really well. One thing in contrast to the W3 i can happily say is that sibilance is nil. This is one of the most important things for me as i cannot stand sibilance / harsh highs. The highs on the N4 have all the detail yet are smooth, which make it really enjoyable to listen to. To my ears a great IEM!

post #2200 of 5656

Any one else with the K10 and DX50 getting a lot of hiss using the HO? Thanks.

post #2201 of 5656
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiman View Post

Any one else with the K10 and DX50 getting a lot of hiss using the HO? Thanks.
Yes and it is pretty unacceptable for me to use the HO alone.
post #2202 of 5656

Brannan Mason

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #2203 of 5656
Wow what is that!?
post #2204 of 5656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post

Wow what is that!?

Rainbow wood or maybe Skittles mashed together?

post #2205 of 5656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post

Wow what is that!?

 

Multicolored pinstripe inlay.

Brannan Mason

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!