Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 130

post #1936 of 6871
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiman View Post
 

How would you rank the K10 in your list of iems?


Top. No doubt.

post #1937 of 6871
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post
 

I have been holding back on this for a month or so, because I feel some may feel strongly against what I will say.

 

The K10 sounds better than the Roxannes.

 

I have done my testing, I have also asked my friends (who oddly have the same ear shape and therefore can listen to the K10s and Roxannes side-by-side) to test both. All of us have varying tastes in music and listen to different parts of music. One listens to how it sounds and how it replicates sound, one listens to metal and loves clarity in his recordings, and the other loves his guitars and drums. All of them agree on the Kaiser 10 being a one over the Roxanne.

 

I honestly had put my chips behind the Roxannes, but after listening to them I felt they slightly underwhelmed. I said to myself, give it time, it will grow on you... But unfortunately the K10 has proven itself to be the victor for me. It may depend on your ears and your taste, but for me, the reigning champion is the Kaiser 10. Dynamically, musically, vocally, our general consensus is, Noble has done something amazing with this CIEM.

 

I will be preparing my full review in a few days/weeks, along with some photos.

 

All hail the king, Kaiser 10!

 

I have also been holding something back, PIE > cake.

post #1938 of 6871
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post


Top. No doubt.

*

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #1939 of 6871
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post


*

 

 

Bravo!    Personally,  I feel that looks more technically-challenging to accomplish than any other shell I've seen you do.

 

It's not my taste, but I admire the craftsmanship. :beerchug:

post #1940 of 6871
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post
 

I have been holding back on this for a month or so, because I feel some may feel strongly against what I will say.

 

The K10 sounds better than the Roxannes.

 

I have done my testing, I have also asked my friends (who oddly have the same ear shape and therefore can listen to the K10s and Roxannes side-by-side) to test both. All of us have varying tastes in music and listen to different parts of music. One listens to how it sounds and how it replicates sound, one listens to metal and loves clarity in his recordings, and the other loves his guitars and drums. All of them agree on the Kaiser 10 being a one over the Roxanne.

 

I honestly had put my chips behind the Roxannes, but after listening to them I felt they slightly underwhelmed. I said to myself, give it time, it will grow on you... But unfortunately the K10 has proven itself to be the victor for me. It may depend on your ears and your taste, but for me, the reigning champion is the Kaiser 10. Dynamically, musically, vocally, our general consensus is, Noble has done something amazing with this CIEM.

 

I will be preparing my full review in a few days/weeks, along with some photos.

 

All hail the king, Kaiser 10!

Thank you for posting that. Finally impressions from someone who owns both. I had a feeling you were holding back to make sure you were sure. I can understand that you are "going out on a limb" with your review that I am sure will be unpopular over on the "other" thread. But I really appreciate it.

post #1941 of 6871
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

I have been holding back on this for a month or so, because I feel some may feel strongly against what I will say.

The K10 sounds better than the Roxannes.

I have done my testing, I have also asked my friends (who oddly have the same ear shape and therefore can listen to the K10s and Roxannes side-by-side) to test both. All of us have varying tastes in music and listen to different parts of music. One listens to how it sounds and how it replicates sound, one listens to metal and loves clarity in his recordings, and the other loves his guitars and drums. All of them agree on the Kaiser 10 being a one over the Roxanne.

I honestly had put my chips behind the Roxannes, but after listening to them I felt they slightly underwhelmed. I said to myself, give it time, it will grow on you... But unfortunately the K10 has proven itself to be the victor for me. It may depend on your ears and your taste, but for me, the reigning champion is the Kaiser 10. Dynamically, musically, vocally, our general consensus is, Noble has done something amazing with this CIEM.

I will be preparing my full review in a few days/weeks, along with some photos.

All hail the king, Kaiser 10!

Wow, that's awesome to hear! That makes me even more excited to receive my K10's. I have no doubt they will be fantastic.
post #1942 of 6871
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post

Wow, that's awesome to hear! That makes me even more excited to receive my K10's. I have no doubt they will be fantastic.
They definitely are.

I'm getting acclimated to the warmer signature, I haven't listened to this type of balance in a while. The closest would probably be the ES5, but I haven't compared yet (I will once I find where I packed them - I hate moving redface.gif ). The mids especially draw you in.
post #1943 of 6871
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrobe View Post
Wow, that's awesome to hear! That makes me even more excited to receive my K10's. I have no doubt they will be fantastic.

I hope so too!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post
 

 

I have also been holding something back, PIE > cake.

That's a pretty bold claim! Cause it's Cake > Pie. :P

 

 

 

Thoughts? Also if The Wizard or Brannan can confirm on the wood? Thanks.

post #1944 of 6871
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

 

The K10 sounds better than the Roxannes.

.....

 

All hail the king, Kaiser 10!

 

I have -THE- song for you...

 

 

post #1945 of 6871
Ok so it seems I need to try these K10...still no demo in China?
post #1946 of 6871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Ok so it seems I need to try these K10...still no demo in China?

Yep, same here ~ wish to give it a listen too. Always a fun of warm sound. I so wish there are demos around. 

post #1947 of 6871

I know I'm in the wrong thread with this, but I figured I'd get a quicker response. It's a fit issue (not with a Noble): it appears that the impression of my right ear may have been lost because the ear pieces are identical - just perfectly symmetrical and they have the noticeable bend that I remember being in my left ear impression - the guy who took the impressions noticed this distinct bend, too. I think they used the left impression to just make a mirror image for the right....The right piece fits, but it's not quite right - it feels too big and congested in the right. Does that sound like grounds for a refit? Sorry for the OT, just looking for a bit of CIEM advice.


Edited by doublea71 - 2/8/14 at 10:31am
post #1948 of 6871
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post
 

I know I'm in the wrong thread with this, but I figured I'd get a quicker response. It's a fit issue (not with a Noble): it appears that the impression of my right ear may have been lost because the ear pieces are identical - just perfectly symmetrical and they have the noticeable bend that I remember being in my left ear impression - the guy who took the impressions noticed this distinct bend, too. I think they used the left impression to just make a mirror image for the right....The right piece fits, but it's not quite right - it feels too big and congested in the right. Does that sound like grounds for a refit? Sorry for the OT, just looking for a bit of CIEM advice.

 

Heck yes! Refit. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiman View Post
 

I hope so too!

 

That's a pretty bold claim! Cause it's Cake > Pie. :P

 

 

 

Thoughts? Also if The Wizard or Brannan can confirm on the wood? Thanks.

 

Okay, first off. Cake and pie are on equal footing. I can't live without either. Best solution? Both. Always. Every time.

 

Those look nice..Clear with gold. Are those yours?

post #1949 of 6871
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea71 View Post
 

I know I'm in the wrong thread with this, but I figured I'd get a quicker response. It's a fit issue (not with a Noble): it appears that the impression of my right ear may have been lost because the ear pieces are identical - just perfectly symmetrical and they have the noticeable bend that I remember being in my left ear impression - the guy who took the impressions noticed this distinct bend, too. I think they used the left impression to just make a mirror image for the right....The right piece fits, but it's not quite right - it feels too big and congested in the right. Does that sound like grounds for a refit? Sorry for the OT, just looking for a bit of CIEM advice.

 

If the right ear obviously does not fit correctly, then absolutely; no question; get a refit. CIEMs are a very expensive investment, and should last you for a long time, so you need to make sure they fit properly, and you have a legitimate right for this to be the case.

 

Go and get some fresh ear impressions done, then compare them to your CIEMs, and then if it is CLEAR that they mirrored the left impression instead of using the right impression, I'd have some very strong words with your CIEM vendor.  Polite, but strong. IF they mirrored your left impression, then (IMO) they should cover all costs for shipping etc. for a refit.

 

But I suggest you continue this discussion in the Multi-IEM thread or here

 

However, there is not much more for you to discuss until you have got some new ear impressions in order to be sure that your left impression was used for mirroring purposes. Perhaps you are wrong, so please get new impressions and check them before you jump to any firm conclusions.

 

Good luck.

 

:beerchug: 


Edited by Mython - 2/8/14 at 11:28am
post #1950 of 6871

Thanks for the advice and links - off I go!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!