Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 129

post #1921 of 5055
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBiotek View Post

Gold flake might actually work (and possibly (?) has already been used in some custom iems).

 

post #1922 of 5055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post
 

 

Quit trying to trump my brilliance with these amateur ideas. I am the design king around these parts.

 

even King Arthur needed a Wizard... funny that.

post #1923 of 5055
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post
 

Wiz, have you ever done a clear body so just the internals show? If so, do you have a picture?

I got a pair 3c delivered about a week ago with a clear plate and black body.  i'm quite impressed with how they look.  it's not a perfectly clear window into the insides which i think adds a bit of mystery.  it reminds me of the distortion from my panerai watch that has a thick sapphire crystal and is also convex.

 

I love how they sound.  

post #1924 of 5055
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBiotek View Post

Gold flake might actually work (and possibly has already been used in some custom iems).

Oh it's working quite nice, thank you.... ;)

 

Created with GIMP

 

post #1925 of 5055

We hope everyone was able to occupy themselves during our brief photo hiatus, we are (officially) back to work and there's lots of gorgeous stuff to share. :cool:

 

To start the weekend, a set of customer-designed K10s:

 

Brannan Mason

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #1926 of 5055
Neer thought wood n blue would look nice... Well u was wrong. Thats one of the best ive seem from this thread!!!!
post #1927 of 5055

Since the wood is brown and a neutral color, it should go with almost anything around it.

post #1928 of 5055
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post

Quick question about universals. How long after placing the order do they get dispatched? In the uk if that makes any difference.

Thanks

 

David... sorry for the delay in replying, I'm just catching up with the thread... can you email me via the website & I can then advise on UK delivery times... if we have the IEM in stock delivery is five working days to UK/Europe (free of Customs).

 

In answer to what Noble IEM is suited to you music taste, personally I would chose either the N3 or N5 for hard rock/heavy metal (leaning more toward the N5)... both will give you great mids and deep bass, the N3 could give you a touch more in the highs which could show up bad recordings making them appear harsh if you get my drift (not sibilant)... the N5 has creamy highs that are full of detail, at first you'll probably think the highs are lacking but that is a misnomer, the highs are there in abundance you just have to focus a bit more because the wonderful lush & detailed sound the N5 produces (my favourite Noble IEM, my precious), hth.


Edited by OK-Guy - 2/7/14 at 10:26pm
post #1929 of 5055

I have been holding back on this for a month or so, because I feel some may feel strongly against what I will say.

 

The K10 sounds better than the Roxannes.

 

I have done my testing, I have also asked my friends (who oddly have the same ear shape and therefore can listen to the K10s and Roxannes side-by-side) to test both. All of us have varying tastes in music and listen to different parts of music. One listens to how it sounds and how it replicates sound, one listens to metal and loves clarity in his recordings, and the other loves his guitars and drums. All of them agree on the Kaiser 10 being a one over the Roxanne.

 

I honestly had put my chips behind the Roxannes, but after listening to them I felt they slightly underwhelmed. I said to myself, give it time, it will grow on you... But unfortunately the K10 has proven itself to be the victor for me. It may depend on your ears and your taste, but for me, the reigning champion is the Kaiser 10. Dynamically, musically, vocally, our general consensus is, Noble has done something amazing with this CIEM.

 

I will be preparing my full review in a few days/weeks, along with some photos.

 

All hail the king, Kaiser 10!

post #1930 of 5055
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

I have been holding back on this for a month or so, because I feel some may feel strongly against what I will say.

The K10 sounds better than the Roxannes.

I have done my testing, I have also asked my friends (who oddly have the same ear shape and therefore can listen to the K10s and Roxannes side-by-side) to test both. All of us have varying tastes in music and listen to different parts of music. One listens to how it sounds and how it replicates sound, one listens to metal and loves clarity in his recordings, and the other loves his guitars and drums. All of them agree on the Kaiser 10 being a one over the Roxanne.

I honestly had put my chips behind the Roxannes, but after listening to them I felt they slightly underwhelmed. I said to myself, give it time, it will grow on you... But unfortunately the K10 has proven itself to be the victor for me. It may depend on your ears and your taste, but for me, the reigning champion is the Kaiser 10. Dynamically, musically, vocally, our general consensus is, Noble has done something amazing with this CIEM.

I will be preparing my full review in a few days/weeks, along with some photos.

All hail the king, Kaiser 10!

I humbly accept & we will keep working hard, and stretching the limits

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #1931 of 5055
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

 

The K10 sounds better than the Roxannes.

Would you say the sound sigs are the same then? Thanks. 

 

Also its pretty cool you have universal K10's!

post #1932 of 5055
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiman View Post
 

Would you say the sound sigs are the same then? Thanks. 

 

Also its pretty cool you have universal K10's!

 

Its weird how it fits most my friends xD They're very happy but now they don't want to give it back...

 

The sig of the Roxanne is very similar to the JH13Pro, the sig of the K10 is much warmer, with a hint of smooth silky highs. The longer I spend with the K10 the more it draws you in!

post #1933 of 5055
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post
 

I have been holding back on this for a month or so, because I feel some may feel strongly against what I will say.

 

The K10 sounds better than the Roxannes.

 

I have done my testing, I have also asked my friends (who oddly have the same ear shape and therefore can listen to the K10s and Roxannes side-by-side) to test both. All of us have varying tastes in music and listen to different parts of music. One listens to how it sounds and how it replicates sound, one listens to metal and loves clarity in his recordings, and the other loves his guitars and drums. All of them agree on the Kaiser 10 being a one over the Roxanne.

 

I honestly had put my chips behind the Roxannes, but after listening to them I felt they slightly underwhelmed. I said to myself, give it time, it will grow on you... But unfortunately the K10 has proven itself to be the victor for me. It may depend on your ears and your taste, but for me, the reigning champion is the Kaiser 10. Dynamically, musically, vocally, our general consensus is, Noble has done something amazing with this CIEM.

 

I will be preparing my full review in a few days/weeks, along with some photos.

 

All hail the king, Kaiser 10!

How your compare the K10 with the 335dw? 

post #1934 of 5055
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin427 View Post
 

How your compare the K10 with the 335dw? 

 

335DW is a bass beast, but the highs rolloff kills it for me. Hopefully the SR fixes that :)

 

K10 is less of a beast, while being able to challenge the vocals of the DW.

post #1935 of 5055
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post
 

 

335DW is a bass beast, but the highs rolloff kills it for me. Hopefully the SR fixes that :)

 

K10 is less of a beast, while being able to challenge the vocals of the DW.

How would you rank the K10 in your list of iems?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!