or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 116

post #1726 of 23959
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
 

 

 

I think the issue here is the Chinese New Year, there will be a lot more for customs to go through during this time of the year.

Are they even working? I thought the customs and the post office didn't work during the festivities.

post #1727 of 23959

I have a question, I remember reading when you order ciem from Noble, if you are in Eu, you will have to pay custom taxes, unlike in universal iems.

 

Now that Noble has some personal in the UK (OK-Guy for instance), does it mean European ciem buyers don't need to pay custom taxes?

 

Not that I am gonna buy right now, I am still recovering my wallet from SE5way and I need a dap upgrade first. But The Wizard creation ciem is always in my mind and one of my goals in my audio journey, so it would be nice to see, if we can avoid custom taxes.

 

As a side note, this thread started to lack photos again, maybe some gorgeous designs can be shared?

post #1728 of 23959
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

I have a question, I remember reading when you order ciem from Noble, if you are in Eu, you will have to pay custom taxes, unlike in universal iems.

 

... does it mean European ciem buyers don't need to pay custom taxes?

 

 

 

There are no customs on Universal IEM's.

 

The laws in China are pretty strict regarding exports (CIEM's), you will be taxed but we work with Customers to lighten the load, hth.

post #1729 of 23959
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

 

There are no customs on Universal IEM's.

 

The laws in China are pretty strict regarding exports (CIEM's), you will be taxed but we work with Customers to lighten the load, hth.


Ok, it is nice to know that at least you do your best to help to customers. Thumbs up from me.

post #1730 of 23959
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

 

There are no customs on Universal IEM's.

 

The laws in China are pretty strict regarding exports (CIEM's), you will be taxed but we work with Customers to lighten the load, hth.


Customs on customs, hmmm. :D

post #1731 of 23959
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post

There are no customs on Universal IEM's.

The laws in China are pretty strict regarding exports (CIEM's), you will be taxed but we work with Customers to lighten the load, hth.
I was under the impressions that you will be required to pay import tax and VAT on pretty much anything you ship into the UK...especially things like IEM's / CIEM's and electronic goods. Pretty much because a lot of Europe or the rest of the world sells products cheaper and do not have VAT payable in their country.

I even got charged by customs for a return on a CIEM after reshelling...even though it was listed as a repair and I paid import tax when I bought it....still arguing with them now 4 months later!!
post #1732 of 23959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason36 View Post


I was under the impressions that you will be required to pay import tax and VAT on pretty much anything you ship into the UK...especially things like IEM's / CIEM's and electronic goods. Pretty much because a lot of Europe or the rest of the world sells products cheaper and do not have VAT payable in their country.

 

tell that to Amazon.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason36 View Post

I even got charged by customs for a return on a CIEM after reshelling...even though it was listed as a repair and I paid import tax when I bought it....still arguing with them now 4 months later!!

 

I can't comment on other manufacturers practices but you will not be charged additional 'customs' for a repair or refit from us... repairs or refits are not subject to Customs charges.

 

If the Company you used put a value on your CIEM when they repaired it you will get hit with taxes... we use a Courier & state 'repair/refit' etc., hth.

post #1733 of 23959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason36 View Post


I was under the impressions that you will be required to pay import tax and VAT on pretty much anything you ship into the UK...especially things like IEM's / CIEM's and electronic goods. Pretty much because a lot of Europe or the rest of the world sells products cheaper and do not have VAT payable in their country.

I even got charged by customs for a return on a CIEM after reshelling...even though it was listed as a repair and I paid import tax when I bought it....still arguing with them now 4 months later!!

Last time I imported IEMs (4.Ai+) I was hit with the import tax, cost me 20% on top of what i paid. Rather expensive and annoying considering i have to import most if not all of my headphones.

There are places in the UK you can get them but they are still not any cheaper overall, often more expensive from what I've seen.  

post #1734 of 23959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk0987654321 View Post
 

Last time I imported IEMs (4.Ai+) I was hit with the import tax, cost me 20% on top of what i paid. Rather expensive and annoying considering i have to import most if not all of my headphones.

There are places in the UK you can get them but they are still not any cheaper overall, often more expensive from what I've seen.  

 

that never happened when Heir-UK was going...  fact.

post #1735 of 23959
Livi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

I have a question, I remember reading when you order ciem from Noble, if you are in Eu, you will have to pay custom taxes, unlike in universal iems.

Now that Noble has some personal in the UK (OK-Guy for instance), does it mean European ciem buyers don't need to pay custom taxes?

Not that I am gonna buy right now, I am still recovering my wallet from SE5way and I need a dap upgrade first. But The Wizard creation ciem is always in my mind and one of my goals in my audio journey, so it would be nice to see, if we can avoid custom taxes.

As a side note, this thread started to lack photos again, maybe some gorgeous designs can be shared?

Living in France I had to pay taxes on my 8c. Also, Noble is using ups, and with this carrier, you'll pay taxes everytime
post #1736 of 23959
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0405 View Post

Livi
Living in France I had to pay taxes on my 8c. Also, Noble is using ups, and with this carrier, you'll pay taxes everytime


How much was the tax?

post #1737 of 23959
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post


How much was the tax?


Around 120€ if I remember correctly
post #1738 of 23959
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0405 View Post


Around 120€ if I remember correctly


Ok, I will keep in mind for future purchases, a high end ciem comes with 100 120 euros additional cost. Thanks mate.

post #1739 of 23959
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0405 View Post


Around 120€ if I remember correctly

 

the correct figure would of been a lot more based on original price, VAT @ 20% + 3% Customs + UPS handling-fee... as iterated, we work with our Customers.

 

you will only incur fees from UPS where the value is over the Customs allowance of your country.

post #1740 of 23959

Something to keep in mind

 

 

Regarding the repair/re-fit etc etc

 

 

 

When you send your product back to a MFG, you should list it as a "sample, no commercial value."    The problem is, if you list the value, and a repair is done, then customs want to charge again for the value of the product.  When the repair facilty (etc) tries to argue the case, it really becomes a big circular argument, so ultimatley it is best to just list the value as "sample, no commercial value."

 

Otherwise there will be a tax assessed, and an big circular argument as a result.

 

 


Edited by FullCircle - 1/26/14 at 4:54pm

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!