ok, thank you, keep on waiting
Recent Images In This Thread
- productNoble 3tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble 4tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble 5tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble 6tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- brandNoble Audiotagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 3Ctagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 3Stagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 4Ctagged by nightmancometh, 1/7/14
- productNoble Audio 4Stagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 5Ctagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14More
- productNoble Audio 5Stagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio 8Ctagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio FRtagged by bangkokkid, 4/7/14
- productNoble Audio Kaiser 10tagged by bangkokkid, 1/29/14
- productNoble Audio Kaiser 10 (Universal)tagged by bangkokkid, 10/8/14
- productNoble Audio PRtagged by bangkokkid, 4/7/14
- productNoble Audio Savanttagged by bangkokkid, 6/7/15
Related Forum Threads
- 71 IEM Brief Review thread (incl. Rhine Monitors, Cleartune, CustomArt) Last post on 4/13/16 at 9:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NOBLE CABLE CONTEST - WIN A NOBLE 6W Last post on 6/17/14 at 4:53am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- KATANA Listening Event @ Affordable Audio Last post on 7/15/16 at 5:09pm in SoCal Head-Fiers Group
- KATANA Listening Event @ Affordable Audio Last post on 7/25/16 at 3:22pm in Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers
- Wizard's 44th Birthday Celebration Last post on 7/21/16 at 6:42pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 12
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Edited by FullCircle - 11/6/13 at 2:51pm
I keep throwing money at the screen, but nothing's happening.
I guess i'll wait.
I am looking forward to possibly reading what you have to say!
The agonizing wait is easily the biggest downside to getting ciems!
When you eventually get it, please share your findings with the SR-71B!
I sure will! Trying to rush to the post office tomorrow but things are looking bleak. By the time i'm done with my classes it'll be closing time for them post offices. :(
I wanted to stop by this thread and tip my hat to Brannan and John for rushing out the universals for all these meets that have happened and that are coming up very soon. Some folks will be very happy because they get to audition some of these great C/IEMs before purchasing them (not always possible). I was at the local SD meet a week ago and was able to hear all the universal, although I'll be honest I only listened to the 4C and the K10 (two I was most interested in).
I must say that 4C is actually quite good. A slight step above the previous 4.A (which I owned). With a proper seal the sound was quite neutral. Nothing sounded out of place and was quite balanced throughout the frequency which was great. I also appreciated the new revisions of the universal shell. I feel it fits most people's ear much better, resulting in a tighter and more secure seal. I asked Brannan what he recommended if one were to want a dead-on neutral sound signature, and he smiled and said the 4C BRO! I can definitely concur with what he said, the 4C is definitely the least offensive sound that I have heard from Noble / Heir (sorry, I know bad memories, but I've owned and auditioned the 3.Ai, 4.Ai, 4.A, and 8.A). The 4C takes the music and really lets it flow. Coherency and speed are great - rounded out a solid performer at its price range. I'd love to have longer with it, but that just wasn't possible since my table there was lacking Q&A for 30 mins, so I had to get back.
The other CIEM, I was definitely interested in hearing was the K10. Of course everyone has to atleast hear what John has been cooking up in his lab. One thing is for sure, this K10 knocks you on your ass with all of its rumble and slam. I wasn't expecting such a fun sounding CIEM being one of two flagships, but after hearing 4-5 songs of different genres I couldn't help but notice the K10 had some extra omph. The sound was detailed and clear - but had incredible bass texture. It sounded full and notes had lots of definition, with nothing missing. Despite not being neutral sounding, I think the K10 gives you all the detail you need in a package meant for fun and enjoyable listening. They are very musical and I don't think anyone will be disappointed. I'll be honest, my next purchase in the C/IEM realm will be all about neutrality so I might skip the K10, but for anyone that wants an C/IEM that will do it all, the K10 should definitely be on your radar.
Thanks again to Brannan and John for allowing us audio junkies to audition these C/IEMs before throwing down the paper. Hopefully this helps someone with their decision if they were on the fence and of course giving a shout out to Brannan for residing here in SD - keeping the roots.
Edited by Greed - 11/7/13 at 8:32am
Don't I know it. It felt like months and months while I waited for my 8.A. In reality, it was a 6 week turnaround from the time of payment to the time they were in my hands (including shipping impressions out and then having the completed CIEMs shipped back to me). I really love what the Wizard was able to do with my 8.A, so I am happy to wait for another awesome Wizard-design, this time in a K10. I figure I can be satisfied with waiting with what I already have, so there's no real rush. I will be so excited when it does finally come in, though! My impressions are currently out for delivery to Brannan right now.
This is going to be another exciting journey!
- Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › SoundMAGIC Vento P55 (New & Refined) Head-Fi Reviewers Wanted! 38 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 1 minute ago
- › De'Mun / Bengkel Macro 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › The AK320 thread 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › The decline of rock n roll rebellion 5 minutes ago
- › Need a badge? 6 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...