or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 102

post #1516 of 23975
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

I'm still re-listening to the Roxannes because I just replaced my cables. Will update soon smily_headphones1.gif

What happened to your cable? Or do you mean you bought an upgrade cable?
post #1517 of 23975
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

Traitor's alert... :wink_face:

Only if he thinks the Roxannes sound better...:wink_face:

 

Seriously you need to know what the competition has to offer.

 

I am amazed at how many manufacturers of all types of gear have never used any of their competitor's products. It seems like the most important part of knowing your market...

post #1518 of 23975
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiman View Post

I bought a signed CD from her, excellent album!

 

 

I've been neglecting Charley lately and I really should do a review of her Album

post #1519 of 23975
Quote:
Originally Posted by scook94 View Post

Happy to report the arrival of my Noble 4, that's 3 weeks to the day since I got the 6s and subsequently decided to return them as they didn't suit my tastes. Got to say, Brannan and Paul were very easy to deal with!

Just spent a few hours fitting the blue tips (well it felt like that anyway), and while doing so wondered if anyone had any thoughts on how the bar should be positioned relative to the two holes for optimum SQ? Or, would that just be entirely too anal?

EDIT: Happy that I don't have to change my avatar!


Regarding the blue tips: I just cut that bar thingy out myself. It has a purpose (keep a DIY) filter in place, but I'm never going to use that feature,

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #1520 of 23975
Quote:
Originally Posted by darinf View Post

Only if he thinks the Roxannes sound better...wink_face.gif

Seriously you need to know what the competition has to offer.

I am amazed at how many manufacturers of all types of gear have never used any of their competitor's products. It seems like the most important part of knowing your market...


Well I claim poverty

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #1521 of 23975
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post


Well I claim poverty


I already told you how to become a millionaire over night, RESHELLING. :deadhorse:

post #1522 of 23975
Hey John, if you read this...
I just wanted to know which of your products was your favorite, and for what reasons
Cheers
Jon
post #1523 of 23975
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0405 View Post

Hey John, if you read this...
I just wanted to know which of your products was your favorite, and for what reasons
Cheers
Jon


I heard to prefers Bose.

post #1524 of 23975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post


I heard to prefers Bose.

confused_face.gif
post #1525 of 23975
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post


Well I claim poverty

Yes, of course. No one expects you to buy one of everything! But, at least beg, borrow, or go to a meet to listen. I know from many parts of the world that's not easy. 

 

I will let Brannan hear the Roxanne's when I get the universals, some day soon, I hope.

post #1526 of 23975
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0405 View Post

Hey John, if you read this...
I just wanted to know which of your products was your favorite, and for what reasons
Cheers
Jon

 

Oh I have a lot of "favorites" and that is kind of the political answer.  I also have some things going on in the Skunk Works lab....   and I like those as well

 

 

But I like good tight low hitting bass. One of the reason I am attracted to it as.....   well it seems physically impossible to do it, but when an tiny IEM, with speakers not much bigger than an Air Soft BB, "Hits" with good low impact...  it always surprises me...  

 

So much respect to Knowles and the team for makeing some amazing drivers.

 

Also, I don't like IEMs that "mimic" bass.....   rather than deliver bass....   that experience is such a let down, kind of like that "Lets be Friends" moment with the best looking girl in your class.....

 

So right now.....   my favorite is the Noble 6 IEM, and I'm not knocking the Noble 4, it is just that I want that extra degree of bass....

 

But like all my gear, I'll pick up the other designs, listen and think.... "Hehhhhh, thats nice, and I reflect on what Head Fi members have to say, about the product as well and I can relate etc.

 

 

Now regarding CIEMs....   I don't have any, can't afford them! (no actually I prefer IEMs due to life style and the fact my ear has some very tight bends, which prevent canals of a decent length.

 

Any how, Brannan has everything, and he claims the K10 wipes the floor with everything.......   but what should he know....  hes got long arms.

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #1527 of 23975
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

Oh I have a lot of "favorites" and that is kind of the political answer.  I also have some things going on in the Skunk Works lab....   and I like those as well




But I like good tight low hitting bass. One of the reason I am attracted to it as.....   well it seems physically impossible to do it, but when an tiny IEM, with speakers not much bigger than an Air Soft BB, "Hits" with good low impact...  it always surprises me...  

So much respect to Knowles and the team for makeing some amazing drivers.

Also, I don't like IEMs that "mimic" bass.....   rather than deliver bass....   that experience is such a let down, kind of like that "Lets be Friends" moment with the best looking girl in your class.....

So right now.....   my favorite is the Noble 6 IEM, and I'm not knocking the Noble 4, it is just that I want that extra degree of bass....

But like all my gear, I'll pick up the other designs, listen and think.... "Hehhhhh, thats nice, and I reflect on what Head Fi members have to say, about the product as well and I can relate etc.


Now regarding CIEMs....   I don't have any, can't afford them! (no actually I prefer IEMs due to life style and the fact my ear has some very tight bends, which prevent canals of a decent length.

Any how, Brannan has everything, and he claims the K10 wipes the floor with everything.......   but what should he know....  hes got long arms.

Long arms = long canals.

But thats too bad! How do you listen to the prototypes then??? XD
post #1528 of 23975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watagump View Post
 


I heard to prefers Bose.


I have huge respect for Dr. Bose.... huge huge respect.    The things he accomplished, the respect he earned, the technology he commanded.....  There are a lot of pretenders out there, and he wasn't one of them.   Born from an imigrant father, an American mother, I am sure his life was no easy cake walk. He probably had to pull the weight of ten men every day of his life.

 

A graduate of MIT, and a leader in the audio industry, a legend.  How many of us will have a name that is recognized around the world?

 

That aside, do I own a Bose product?   No, I don't. Would I ever own a Bose product, probably not.........   but never say never.

 

 

RIP Dr. Bose

 

 

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #1529 of 23975
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post


Long arms = long canals.

But thats too bad! How do you listen to the prototypes then??? XD

 

 

Dummy shells, then to CIEMs after that.  Years ago, while in Thailand, I used to build prototypes into CIEMs and that took up sooooo much time.   And nothing was spared, I would spend tons of time, but if the sound was bad....  it would be broken open and rebuilt.

 

Here is a victim of the hammer (it had two CI drivers per side, and a couple of TWFK's....  too bassy, they didn't pass as something I would want.....  sure looked nice though)

 

The Wizard

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #1530 of 23975

Hi Guys... like me new togs? ... I think I'm pretty dapper... :bigsmile_face:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!