Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! - Page 88

post #1306 of 5073
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Well, if your better half is very understanding of your hobbies and doesn't have issues with how much money you spend then by all means tell her - otherwise my suggestion is to postpone it till your deathbed.

 

I married the right woman xD

post #1307 of 5073

This evening, my wife kept asking me if she could listen to the N4 again. I.. of course, very firmly declined since she wouldn't let me use/take along her handbag when I this afternoon went out to a bar to watch some silly sports game in the company with a few good friends and some hot female bartenders..

 

Seriously, the mid range/clarity of the N4 is really good. It's doesn't quite have the pin point accuracy/detail level that the Etymotic 4ER-S can come up with,  but then again the N4 offers more more in the lower bass and treble regions without loosing out on mid range presentation, just not as detailed or as forward/boosted in the upper mid range presentation as the ER4-S.  So is that what is presumed to be better balanced?

I don't know, sometimes I'm a bit confused what balance actually means and then I spend a few minutes on my wobbly board to retain my true, equilibrium balance.. I consider both the Ety 4ER-S and N4 to be quite neutral but in different ways and according my personal preferences + fit/comfort etc. I favor the N4. Although, I will still hang on to my Ety's as some sort of reference..

 

In near future I will let my wife try out the N6 and afterwards she can always buy another handbag at a higher pricetag.. I consider her to be a more objective source of information than me so I'm curious to learn from her experience and how she perceive the value since we share the expenses.. kind of..

post #1308 of 5073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiterknight View Post
 

Seriously, the mid range/clarity of the N4 is really good. It's doesn't quite have the pin point accuracy/detail level that the Etymotic 4ER-S can come up with,  but then again the N4 offers more more in the lower bass and treble regions without loosing out on mid range presentation, just not as detailed or as forward/boosted in the upper mid range presentation as the ER4-S.  So is that what is presumed to be better balanced?

So far I've only heard one headphone that gave me the best of all the other headphones combined. Only downside is that they cost just about as much as all other headphones combined... :D

post #1309 of 5073
This thread is missing pictures lately. In 1-3 weeks hopefully I'll have pics of my K10s.
post #1310 of 5073
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackDiesel View Post

This thread is missing pictures lately. In 1-3 weeks hopefully I'll have pics of my K10s.

 

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #1311 of 5073
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post






Oh you tease. For a second I thought those were mine but my order doesn't have the gold in them.
post #1312 of 5073

oh this thread is killin me! (and prob my wallet too)

post #1313 of 5073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiterknight View Post
 

In near future I will let my wife try out the N6 and afterwards she can always buy another handbag at a higher pricetag.. I consider her to be a more objective source of information than me so I'm curious to learn from her experience and how she perceive the value since we share the expenses.. kind of..

 

 

Battle-of-the-sexes jokes aside, I would encourage you to encourage your wife to listen to your gear as much as she wishes. It will help her understand your enthusiasm for this hobby, and maybe even help her appreciate it to the extent that she, perhaps, feels like improving her portable audio gear a little. Even if it does end up with her 'permanently borrowing' your N4 or N6, she will at least understand when you buy a replacement for yourself. If she's beginning to show an interest, it seems like win-win to me, really.

post #1314 of 5073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

 

Battle-of-the-sexes jokes aside, I would encourage you to encourage your wife to listen to your gear as much as she wishes. It will help her understand your enthusiasm for this hobby, and maybe even help her appreciate it to the extent that she, perhaps, feels like improving her portable audio gear a little. Even if it does end up with her 'permanently borrowing' your N4 or N6, she will at least understand when you buy a replacement for yourself. If she's beginning to show an interest, it seems like win-win to me, really.

it might work for the first time or two, then each time when you hear her say 'it sounds just the same as my earphone that came with the phone' then u start to give up

post #1315 of 5073
My wife said, after listening to the Orpheus,

"sounds like my (SR80) Grado"

I freaked out
post #1316 of 5073
Quote:
Originally Posted by achl354 View Post
 

it might work for the first time or two, then each time when you hear her say 'it sounds just the same as my earphone that came with the phone' then u start to give up


lol'd :happy_face1: My girlfriend can hear the difference she still thinks there is no need to spend that much money on audio gear. Well I guess, she understands the sound but not the "hobby" term.

post #1317 of 5073

to be honest, i have never ever met a female headfi'er at all

they are too busy with their gel manicure, high tea session, girls night out, while at the same time, i am just sitting at home, listening to my rig and surfing the net

post #1318 of 5073
Quote:
Originally Posted by achl354 View Post

to be honest, i have never ever met a female headfi'er at all
they are too busy with their gel manicure, high tea session, girls night out, while at the same time, i am just sitting at home, listening to my rig and surfing the net

That sounds sad. Now I'm happy my wife and I just share a splitter with me on my CIEMs and her on her Yuin PK2
post #1319 of 5073
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post


That sounds sad. Now I'm happy my wife and I just share a splitter with me on my CIEMs and her on her Yuin PK2

well, life aint easy, but i am glad she was happy with her bluetooth plantronic backbeat go 2 earphones, she prefers the wireless handsfree style

and for me, i am glad she didnt choose a pair of UM Mentor or roxanne or K10 for xmas

post #1320 of 5073
Quote:
Originally Posted by achl354 View Post
 

well, life aint easy, but i am glad she was happy with her bluetooth plantronic backbeat go 2 earphones, she prefers the wireless handsfree style

and for me, i am glad she didnt choose a pair of UM Mentor or roxanne or K10 for xmas

Women in general don't seem very interested in technology (excepting cell phones).  My girlfriend would far prefer jewelry, shoes, purses and makeup.  Half of her opinion of earphones depends upon what they look like.  For me that's all well and good; I accept that the sexes think differently (far beyond socialization).  In the past women entering into male dominated hobbies have often resulted in negative changes to the hobby overall (i.e. Twilight being considered a horror book/film).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!