Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NEW! AKG K812
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW! AKG K812 - Page 7  

post #91 of 985

Oh my god.....

post #92 of 985

Very interesting pictures to say the least.  It's almost like they took TH900 magnets, attached to Audio Technica drivers, inside an HD800 style chamber, with Qualia 010 style pads and Fidelio X1 headband lol.  It seems they really are attempting to make the "perfect" headphone, even if not being completely original or innovative.  But hey, if it sounds good, and is comfortable, I'm all for it :)

 

As far as the price is concerned, The European price is probably including VAT.  It may be less outside the EU unless they follow Sennheiser's lead and make the NA retail the same as the Euro price with VAT added.  However, I know the 7 series is also noticeably more expensive in EU as well, so perhaps it will be cheaper here.  I certainly hope so.  I personally think they should ditch the Omega stand and Sell it for $1000 or less.  I think it would crush their competition (Assuming performance lives up to anticipated expectations)  Also, at 36 ohms, It seems it could possibly pair quite nicely with my Soloist.


Edited by JWahl - 10/9/13 at 2:45pm
post #93 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWahl View Post
 

 

 

As far as the price is concerned, The European price is probably including VAT.  It may be less outside the EU unless they follow Sennheiser's lead and make the NA retail the same as the Euro price with VAT added.  However, I know the 7 series is also noticeably more expensive in EU as well, so perhaps it will be cheaper here.  I certainly hope so.  I personally think they should ditch the Omega stand and Sell it for $1000 or less.  I think it would crush their competition (Assuming performance lives up to anticipated expectations)

 

Really dislike sennheiser for doing this. It's a bad trend to start in audio.

post #94 of 985
Good Quality has his Price!redface.gif
post #95 of 985
Thread Starter 
Normax, did you get permission to use those pics in your posts? You kinda made it sound like you took those.
post #96 of 985
post #97 of 985

They look VERY VERY promising except:

 

1) That horrible pleather thing... Velour all the way!

2) Price (1200USD was the price for a brand new HD800 in Europe about a year ago)

 

Looking forward to see how they measure! :) 


Edited by emertxe - 10/9/13 at 3:41pm
post #98 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 

They look VERY VERY promising except:

 

1) That horrible pleather thing... Velour all the way!

2) Price (1200USD was the price for a brand new HD800 in Europe about a year ago)

 

 

The pleather/leather is obviously designed for acoustic purposes (to seal in bass).  It even says "sound sealing" on the pad.

 

I take it the ~$1599 price of the K712 is the MSRP?  The K712's MSRP is $699 but it regularly sells for $399 or less.  As long as AKG doesn't suddenly start enforcing the MSRP, I would expect a similar situation with the K812.

post #99 of 985
Thread Starter 
I'm working on the unboxing/first look for you guys. Stay subscribed. smily_headphones1.gif
post #100 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicolom View Post
 

 

 

The pleather/leather is obviously designed for acoustic purposes (to seal in bass).  It even says "sound sealing" on the pad.

 

I take it the ~$1599 price of the K712 is the MSRP?  The K712's MSRP is $699 but it regularly sells for $399 or less.  As long as AKG doesn't suddenly start enforcing the MSRP, I would expect a similar situation with the K812.

 

I seriously doubt K812 are going to be cheaper than 1500USD in Europe... K712 Pro is like 550-600USD here (MAYBE 500USD somewhere). And no, no regular 399USD or less here, Europe is not US.

post #101 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 

 

I seriously doubt K812 are going to be cheaper than 1500USD in Europe... K712 Pro is like 550-600USD here (MAYBE 500USD somewhere). And no, no regular 399USD or less here, Europe is not US.

 

Yes, I was talking about US prices.  I can't speak for Europe.

post #102 of 985

Did anybody actually get to hear how they sound?  :confused_face_2:

post #103 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

Did anybody actually get to hear how they sound?  :confused_face_2:

 

No everyone was too busy taking pictures.

post #104 of 985
This new flagship... Kind of burn me! I have reserved a set of AKG K702 Annie's, FiiO E09K and FiiO E07K thennnn these came D:

Nice pics guys!
post #105 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

Did anybody actually get to hear how they sound?  :confused_face_2:

 

Yes, they sound fantastic!ggggggg

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NEW! AKG K812