Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NEW! AKG K812
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW! AKG K812 - Page 53  

post #781 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

You should really give the HD800's a go on the Phonitor - great results. Can't stand the AKG K701/02. 

 

I've checked the HD-800 on a few high end SS amps, one of them was the Auditor, and this was a disaster! try to imagine mixing the high frequencies (treble) with the boost off the HD-800. The bass of the 800 is also a problem because is boosted very low, this mean you'll need to start roll off the bass in the studio sooner. 

 

Sennheiser never claim the HD-800 are for studio use, but I glad you guy's do. :k701smile:

post #782 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post

I've checked the HD-800 on a few high end SS amps, one of them was the Auditor, and this was a disaster! try to imagine mixing the high frequencies (treble) with the boost off the HD-800. The bass of the 800 is also a problem because is boosted very low, this mean you'll need to start roll off the bass in the studio sooner. 

Sennheiser never claim the HD-800 are for studio use, but I glad you guy's do. k701smile.gif
you can Check out SPL'S New HEADPHONE AMP!it will come on the market in 5 weeks,regards
post #783 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post
 

 

I've checked the HD-800 on a few high end SS amps, one of them was the Auditor, and this was a disaster! try to imagine mixing the high frequencies (treble) with the boost off the HD-800. The bass of the 800 is also a problem because is boosted very low, this mean you'll need to start roll off the bass in the studio sooner. 

 

Sennheiser never claim the HD-800 are for studio use, but I glad you guy's do. :k701smile:

 

K702 are what I call a disaster - flawed bass, mids and treble as well. ;) 

post #784 of 985

If you have a problem with 350 odd grams than maybe you need to get a stronger neck :o

 

Anyway, I hope addicted to audio pick have these to try out. The idea of being able to play them out of my portable set up is appealing for usage at work (9 hours a day).


Edited by Saren - 10/27/13 at 5:34am
post #785 of 985
I don't have a Problem with 300-500 Gramms!but FOR THIS Money 1500-2000 euros i am awaiting lighter Weight!
post #786 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomax View Post

I don't have a Problem with 300-500 Gramms!but FOR THIS Money 1500-2000 euros i am awaiting lighter Weight!

... I can kinda see your point, getting back to the idea of this being a iPortable friendly I could see these iPod and iMac users being used to iems or cheap light weight cans! 

 

Again seeing as my opinion of this is one of the best PORTABLES I'm going to hope that AKG makes it more portable friendly. Yea granted you might be carrying it around in an expensive case. But let's assume your an on the GO EDM Producer, crakin out tunes in the back of gawd know's whos car or any quiet place. Your going to want something as light as possible, just seems to be a smart move to make these lighter. Although I have a strong neck like MULE so I don't mind heavy headphones 

post #787 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 

 

K702 are what I call a disaster - flawed bass, mids and treble as well. ;) 

 

I'm not sure you even understand what you're posting here.

 

 


1. There is no speakers company on the market that will boost the 20-30hz by 3-6 db.

 

2. This is the most important area for vocals, and very important musical information is stored there. This is why at AKG they balanced this area @ 0 db.

 

3. Very sensitive area of the human hearing, and this is why at AKG they cut off in this area.

post #788 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomax View Post


you can Check out SPL'S New HEADPHONE AMP!it will come on the market in 5 weeks,regards

 

I wish so, but no SPL distributor available in Israel at this time. :(

post #789 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acix View Post
 

 

I'm not sure you even understand what you're posting here.

 

 


1. There is no speakers company on the market that will boost the 20-30hz by 3-6 db.

 

2. This is the most important area for vocals, and very important musical information is stored there. This is why at AKG they balanced this area @ 0 db.

 

3. Very sensitive area of the human hearing, and this is why at AKG they cut off in this area.

 

1) Have you ever heard about subwoofers? There is a certain reason why people almost have to use them to get a proper bass response... This is not needed with headphones (those that can actually go deep enough - K702 obviously arent one of those)

 

2) K702 overemphasize area of 1 - 4 khz. This is their biggest flaw as it's not neutral at all. Vocals are too present, shouty and sibilant (not only vocals). There is a hint of plasticity with x7xx line as well due to the emphasis.

 

3) Very sensitive and therefore they cut this off, are you kidding me? At first, measurement above 10khz are very unreliable and dependent on exact positioning of the headphone during measuring procedure. At second, I would rather take more neutral HD800 response from 10 to 20 khz than obviously very recessed K702 approach here.

 

And what's the most important, besides the FR graph - HD800 are much better headphones technically - better detail, more solid soundstaging and imaging and with no hint plasticity or dullness that I hear with x7xx headphones. x7xx headphones have unnatural soundstaging in comparison.


Edited by emertxe - 10/27/13 at 6:25am
post #790 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post

1) Have you ever heard about subwoofers? There is a certain reason why people almost have to use them to get a proper bass response... This is not needed with headphones (those that can actually go deep enough - K702 obviously arent one of those)

2) K702 overemphasize area of 1 - 4 khz. This is their biggest flaw as it's not neutral at all. Vocals are too present, shouty and sibilant (not only vocals). There is a hint of plasticity with x7xx line as well due to the emphasis.

3) Very sensitive and therefore they cut this off, are you kidding me? At first, measurement above 10khz are very unreliable and dependent on exact positioning of the headphone during measuring procedure. At second, I would rather take more neutral HD800 response from 10 to 20 khz than obviously very recessed K702 approach here.

And what's the most important, besides the FR graph - HD800 are much better headphones technically - better detail, more solid soundstaging and imaging and with no hint plasticity or dullness that I hear with x7xx headphones. x7xx headphones have unnatural soundstaging in comparison.
Guys number ONE is hd 800 1500 USD vs k7xxx 400 USD!number TWO wait 2 weeks and you can compare the graphics hd 800 vs K812!
post #791 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomax View Post


Guys number ONE is hd 800 1500 USD vs k7xxx 400 USD!number TWO wait 2 weeks and you can compare the graphics hd 800 vs K812!

 

Dont get me wrong - I do like K712 Pro A LOT... The very best mid-fi headphones so far from my point of view. Previous x7xx headphones? Rather a failure.

 

Btw, Acix, why do you think AKG tuned K712 Pro to be more bassy and go lower? They are still called "reference studio headphones"...

 

http://www.akg.com/K712+PRO-827.html?pid=1408


Edited by emertxe - 10/27/13 at 6:38am
post #792 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 

 

1) Have you ever heard about subwoofers? There is a certain reason why people almost have to use them to get a proper bass response... This is not needed with headphones (those that can actually go deep enough - K702 obviously arent one of those)

 

2) K702 overemphasize area of 1 - 4 khz. This is their biggest flaw as it's not neutral at all. Vocals are too present, shouty and sibilant (not only vocals). There is a hint of plasticity with x7xx line as well due to the emphasis.

 

3) Very sensitive and therefore they cut this off, are you kidding me? At first, measurement above 10khz are very unreliable and dependent on exact positioning of the headphone during measuring procedure. At second, I would rather take more neutral HD800 response from 10 to 20 khz than obviously very recessed K702 approach here.

 

And what's the most important, besides the FR graph - HD800 are much better headphones technically - better detail, more solid soundstaging and imaging and with no hint plasticity or dullness that I hear with x7xx headphones. x7xx headphones have unnatural soundstaging in comparison.

 

Gatta say I like the look of the HD800 T90 and DT 880 graphs! HD 800 seems like a mega upgrade to the DT 880 and some ppl say the T90 is intimate compared to the HD 800 [I can see why more mids and bass...]

 

That said the HE-6 looks nice as well... still Looking forward to getting the T90 [going to BALANCE IT] here soon my self! Still though... the HD 800 holds some serious promise [obviously] 

post #793 of 985

Guys it is pointless to argue about graphs that are smoothed to produce those curves. This is why goldenears, changstar, headroom, and innerfidelity have different results in measuring the same headphone. Here's the k702 mesuring more like it actually sounds...

 

post #794 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

Gatta say I like the look of the HD800 T90 and DT 880 graphs! HD 800 seems like a mega upgrade to the DT 880 and some ppl say the T90 is intimate compared to the HD 800 [I can see why more mids and bass...]

 

That said the HE-6 looks nice as well... still Looking forward to getting the T90 [going to BALANCE IT] here soon my self! Still though... the HD 800 holds some serious promise [obviously] 

 

Man, that T90 graph looks really scary... Are you sure you want the T90? That treble response is EXTREME...

post #795 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 

 

1) Have you ever heard about subwoofers? There is a certain reason why people almost have to use them to get a proper bass response... This is not needed with headphones (those that can actually go deep enough - K702 obviously arent one of those)

 

2) K702 overemphasize area of 1 - 4 khz. This is their biggest flaw as it's not neutral at all. Vocals are too present, shouty and sibilant (not only vocals). There is a hint of plasticity with x7xx line as well due to the emphasis.

 

3) Very sensitive and therefore they cut this off, are you kidding me? At first, measurement above 10khz are very unreliable and dependent on exact positioning of the headphone during measuring procedure. At second, I would rather take more neutral HD800 response from 10 to 20 khz than obviously very recessed K702 approach here.

 

And what's the most important, besides the FR graph - HD800 are much better headphones technically - better detail, more solid soundstaging and imaging and with no hint plasticity or dullness that I hear with x7xx headphones. x7xx headphones have unnatural soundstaging in comparison.

 

 

1. lol, I do hope you boost your subwoofers at 20hz!!!

 

2. Sibilant are never the hps flaw, is the studio and mastering flaw!

 

3. lol x 2, this remind me the old HD-650 fans approach.

 

Don't let yourself be pimped by the HD-800 treble, in thinking is resolution!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NEW! AKG K812