or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NEW! AKG K812
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW! AKG K812 - Page 48  

post #706 of 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

Ha, If I were AKG I'd keep the msrp what it is and let the comparisons between the other flagships roll in for some time, then when it comes out allow a low street price, like around $900-1000 perhaps. You see ;) It seems to be like almost as good as hd800 from the limited comparisons, then for $900 many would buy it, epecially as it is easier to drive as well.

 

For 900USD, I would seriously consider them if the FR really is as neutral as some claim... On the other hand, quite many also state that there is certain midbass emphasis which makes them sound in between HD800 and TH900 = that would be an instant dealbreaker for me. This is supported (at least for me) by the fact that many people consider neutral what actually is bass-emphasised (like K712 Pro).

 

For 1500USD? Not a chance because of:

 

1) leather pads (leather pads, seriously?)

2) no true balanced mode possible

3) no 1/4 cable

4) Inferior soundstage dimensionality in comparison to HD800...? We'll see.


Edited by emertxe - 10/26/13 at 7:27am
post #707 of 978

Anything that comes in a briefcase of it's own = Avoid.

post #708 of 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 

 

1) leather pads (leather pads, seriously?)

 

 

Can't get that ear cup shape any other way.

post #709 of 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarrentine View Post
 

 

Can't get that ear cup shape any other way.

 

Not sure if I understand what you mean exactly...? Similar to HD800, dont you think?

 

 

post #710 of 978

I wonder why Sennheiser does that logo stamping inside the cups.. It looks so cheap

post #711 of 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headzone View Post
 

I wonder why Sennheiser does that logo stamping inside the cups.. It looks so cheap

 

Cheap? Have you seen the headphone in person? It looks really good - almost luxurious I would say...

post #712 of 978

Yeah I have, haven't listened to them though.

post #713 of 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Obviously a large percentage of those people that do care more about gear than music itself, viral marketing business at it's best.

100% agree
post #714 of 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post
 

Ha, If I were AKG I'd keep the msrp what it is and let the comparisons between the other flagships roll in for some time, then when it comes out allow a low street price, like around $900-1000 perhaps. You see ;) It seems to be like almost as good as hd800 from the limited comparisons, then for $900 many would buy it, epecially as it is easier to drive as well.

 

For 900USD, I would seriously consider them if the FR really is as neutral as some claim... On the other hand, quite many also state that there is certain midbass emphasis which makes them sound in between HD800 and TH900 = that would be an instant dealbreaker for me. This is supported (at least for me) by the fact that many people consider neutral what actually is bass-emphasised (like K712 Pro).

 

For 1500USD? Not a chance because of:

 

1) leather pads (leather pads, seriously?)

2) no true balanced mode possible

3) no 1/4 cable

4) Inferior soundstage dimensionality in comparison to HD800...? We'll see.

 

By indication with K712's strict price, I really do not see K812 going to be sold less than MSRP.

 

From those impressions, HD800 or T1 seem much better choice if you are going to spend around 1.5K (and I believe T1 is about 200~300 dollar cheaper as well). Maybe inconsistent QC from Beyer might be tricky part, but it is still worth considering.

 

Plus : that said, unless this headphone is going to sell less than what T1 is selling, there is little point buying this instead of HD800 unless one just cannot tolerate HD800's treble.


Edited by wnmnkh - 10/26/13 at 9:33am
post #715 of 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnmnkh View Post
 

 

By indication with K712's strict price, I really do not see K812 going to be sold less than MSRP.

 

From those impressions, HD800 or T1 seem much better choice if you are going to spend around 1.5K (and I believe T1 is about 200~300 dollar cheaper as well). Maybe inconsistent QC from Beyer might be tricky part, but it is still worth considering.

 

Plus : that said, unless this headphone is going to sell less than what T1 is selling, there is little point buying this instead of HD800 unless one just cannot tolerate HD800's treble.

 

Well, the K812 should have significantly more bass than HD800 while still offering very good soundstaging and good level of comfort... I can see a lot of people not being satisfied with HD800's amount of bass. But honestly, my excitement for K812 is even lower than weeks ago.

 

It definitely does not seem to be a giant killer/game changer like michaelxray and nomax suggested...


Edited by emertxe - 10/26/13 at 9:55am
post #716 of 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 

 

Well, the K812 should have significantly more bass than HD800 while still offering very good soundstaging and good level of comfort... I can see a lot of people not being satisfied with HD800's amount of bass. But honestly, my excitement for K812 is even lower than weeks ago.

 

It definitely does not seem to be a giant killer/game changer like michaelxray and nomax suggested...

well I think it could be, just not for our market... for those with un limited funds and an iPad... 32ohms is a God send. I know a few doctors. Used to clean for them, these guys have apple everything and most of them have NICE speaker set ups, and ever now and then we'd talk headphones. And they knew at the very least low ohm=iPad friendly... SO for the... rich enough to care,but not undersatnd, market of music lovers... these are a giant killer

 

to US in our market... yea maybe not so much 

post #717 of 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnmnkh View Post
 

 

By indication with K712's strict price, I really do not see K812 going to be sold less than MSRP.

 

From those impressions, HD800 or T1 seem much better choice if you are going to spend around 1.5K (and I believe T1 is about 200~300 dollar cheaper as well). Maybe inconsistent QC from Beyer might be tricky part, but it is still worth considering.

 

Plus : that said, unless this headphone is going to sell less than what T1 is selling, there is little point buying this instead of HD800 unless one just cannot tolerate HD800's treble.

 

Well, the K812 should have significantly more bass than HD800 while still offering very good soundstaging and good level of comfort... I can see a lot of people not being satisfied with HD800's amount of bass. But honestly, my excitement for K812 is even lower than weeks ago.

 

It definitely does not seem to be a giant killer/game changer like michaelxray and nomax suggested...

 

Indeed, that's why you can grab T1 for bass department. :P    Seriously, T1 is very good, versatile truly-reference headphone that can pretty much take care of all kinds of music. 

 

Had nomax or michaelxray not spammed the whole time, our excitement would had been much higher and I might had been waiting for K812 now instead of pre-ordering LCD-X. But now my money is gone to Audeze.

post #718 of 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnmnkh View Post
 

 

Indeed, that's why you can grab T1 for bass department. :P    Seriously, T1 is very good, versatile truly-reference headphone that can pretty much take care of all kinds of music. 

 

Had nomax or michaelxray not spammed the whole time, our excitement would had been much higher and I might had been waiting for K812 now instead of pre-ordering LCD-X. But now my money is gone to Audeze.

indeed I'm interested to see how the X compares to the HE 6 T1 and well the K812 now 

post #719 of 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emertxe View Post
 

 

Well, the K812 should have significantly more bass than HD800 while still offering very good soundstaging and good level of comfort... I can see a lot of people not being satisfied with HD800's amount of bass. But honestly, my excitement for K812 is even lower than weeks ago.

 

It definitely does not seem to be a giant killer/game changer like michaelxray and nomax suggested...

well I think it could be, just not for our market... for those with un limited funds and an iPad... 32ohms is a God send. I know a few doctors. Used to clean for them, these guys have apple everything and most of them have NICE speaker set ups, and ever now and then we'd talk headphones. And they knew at the very least low ohm=iPad friendly... SO for the... rich enough to care,but not undersatnd, market of music lovers... these are a giant killer

 

to US in our market... yea maybe not so much 

I don't really think people who do not have dedicated headphone system would want to buy 1.5K USD headphones for their iPad. Sennheiser Momentum and other decent fashion headphones have already covered that market.

 

And for people who have dedicated headphone system..... K812's low impedance and high sensitivity already barred people with tubes (one thing that will be problematic with LCD-X and XC as well).

My opinion is that K812 is rather decent headphone, but it has wrong/improper strengths for audiophile market. Pro market may like it (but for that price... I'd rather get decent nearfield monitors instead) tho.

post #720 of 978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnmnkh View Post
 

 

Indeed, that's why you can grab T1 for bass department. :P    Seriously, T1 is very good, versatile truly-reference headphone that can pretty much take care of all kinds of music. 

 

Had nomax or michaelxray not spammed the whole time, our excitement would had been much higher and I might had been waiting for K812 now instead of pre-ordering LCD-X. But now my money is gone to Audeze.

indeed I'm interested to see how the X compares to the HE 6 T1 and well the K812 now 

 

Depend on my Audeze's shipping date, you will hear my crappy comparison with HD800, T1 and LCD-2. Sadly I do not have any HE headphones.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NEW! AKG K812