Is that the metric version?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by nightmancometh, 12/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need help : Screw driver for AKG K812 Last post on 7/4/16 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 8/6/16 at 9:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
Specification Ø Digital Input ：USB, Coaxial, PCM 44.1K-192K/16-24bit Ø DAC Chip ：WM8740 Ø Digital Output：Standard Coaxial Ø USB input required OS：Win...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
NEW! AKG K812 - Page 41
Gear mentioned in this thread:
What has also piqued my curiosity is that the driver shows 2 sets of terminals, which suggests a possible dual voice coil configuration, similar to what's seen in many subwoofers.
EDIT: If this truly is a dual voice coil design, expect it to benefit most from high current amps, though the efficiency should help offset that a bit.
That's not two sets of terminals, it's a voice coil post and cable soldering post (so as not to desolder the very delicate coil wire). Plus and minus poles are on opposite sides for balanced movement of the coil/diaphragm assembly.
Isn't this pretty much what I said?
This is my own personal niggle. The lower impedance of the K812. Peeps who buy summit fi hp's (generally) have very good amplifiers and a lot of these high end amps are tube based. Looks like the AKG's may only play well with ss amps with very low impedance. Most folks who already own the HD800's may not take the risk of buying this hp because their amps will be no good.
Can't blame them though, low impedance is sort after now as more and more peeps use portable rigs and little desktop amps. Hp's are very sensitive these days. They need to toughen up if you ask me... There's a lot of powerful amps out there in the real world!
This is an interesting remark. Low impedance almost always equals heavier voice coils, increased moving mass, and thus worse transient response and control of the membrane. A stronger magnet may balance this, but it's still a compromise where higher efficiency is prioritised. It's a pity, since some of the most transparent amps out there are OTL designs, and they don't like low impedance headphones.
Another thing to add on impedence, high impedence requires more voltage to drive the efficiency in dampening factor (voltage swing), low impedence requires more currents rather than more voltage.
Bad news guys, it's going to be tomorrow (tuesday), however I can't go in to work just to try them out as I really need to study for a midterm examination. My colleague has a fair bit of experience and will give me his honest opinion, which I will let you all know about. I left my HD800 at work for him to compare, as I feel these two are going to be competing for the throne.
As for release in Canada, well, Quebec to be precise; I was told 4-5 weeks over the phone. Very limited quantities though, kind of expecting back orders like with the SE846 since August.
I'm excited to hear from my friend, I'll be able to make a fair judgement based on his opinions as I know he critiques pretty well. It's not me, but oh well
Sorry for disappointing you all
- NEW! AKG K812
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 3 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 1 minute ago
- › iPhone7 Plus + Sony MDR-1A + ??? 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado GS2000e Loaner program 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 5 minutes ago
- › Inbetween the HE-400i and the Sennheiser 600s 7 minutes ago
- › New Inear Prophile-8 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PXC 270, is it any good? 8 minutes ago
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear