Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NEW! AKG K812
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NEW! AKG K812 - Page 28  

post #406 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 View Post
 


All that matters in the long run is that we put a pair of headphones on our head and enjoy what comes out of them.  Having said that though, $1.5K is a big investment for many people so I'm interested in opinions I feel I can trust, at least to the extent you can trust such opinions, before getting excited.

 

I loved my K701s up to the day they were destroyed by an amp malfunction.  If the current LCD-2s weren't so clearly superior in terms of detail retrieval I would have bought another pair, but I'm a big low level detail nut so it's hard for me to step back down when I find a new highwater mark in that area.

 

This especially.  Ultimately it boils down to individual taste, though there is a certain performance expectation at such a high price.  I also first stepped from a K701 to LCD-2 (Rev 1)  As soon I heard the T1, I sold the LCD-2 and bought them instead.  I've since also owned the HE-6 which I liked even more, and AD2000X which is fun but closer to the T1.  And finally the HD800 which I preferred to all of them.  I've found the comfort and soundstage presentation of planars just don't do it for me.  If the K812 manages to be more natural than HD800 and T1 while still maintaining good soundstage and bass presence, I'll be happy.  In the meantime, I just pulled the trigger on a pair of K712 to hold me over until tax refund season.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewpl View Post
 


I don't think Nomax is really that extreme. Sure, in English he sounds like little, shouting kid. So it was hard to believe him. But in German he was like normal, reasonable person.

 

Anyway, as far as I can understand small jack in K812, then I have no idea who thought that headphone stand would be brilliant "gift". If I would like one, I would buy one. Maybe it is because AKG do not believe K812 will sell well with this price and they are trying to add something?

 

Yes, it seems people don't take into account the language barrier and how mis-translations can often be comical even though the original source is perfectly reasonable.  There was a whole website dedicated to the comical mis-translations of Japanese into English, or "Engrish" as it's called.

post #407 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWahl View Post
In the meantime, I just pulled the trigger on a pair of K712 to hold me over until tax refund season.

 

I was considering grabbing the K712 until I stumbled upon this news.  I'm finding my DT880s don't play nice with my new amp, it seems to like lower impedance loads, and there are days when I miss the airy sound of the K701 while listening to the LCD-2.  I must say though the new amp works miracles on the LCD-2 soundstage, it no longer sounds completely unnatural to me like it did before.

post #408 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
 

 

Tyll raved about the K701 when it came out. I still love them. Many here think they suck. So does it really matter in the long run?


Well, Tyll raves about many headphones when they come out...and I love most of them.

 

If he says that they are better than the HD800, then there is a good chance that they are at least as good as the HD800.   If he says they suck (he never says that though...he will just not put up a review), I'm not buying until I get to hear the K812 in person.

 

If he puts them up on the Wall of Fame, it will matter to me in the long run.:smile:

post #409 of 985
Quote:nomax
 And the AKG 812 is a very Good sounding headphone for this Money!but in my opinion the th 900 is much better!nomax

That spoilt things - right there.

post #410 of 985

scientist can not explain bees flight and right now i feel like those kids in honey i shrunk the kids i believe there flight is still a mystery.

post #411 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post
 

That spoilt things - right there.

 

Lol. didn't see that.

post #412 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 


Well, Tyll raves about many headphones when they come out...and I love most of them.

 

If he says that they are better than the HD800, then there is a good chance that they are at least as good as the HD800.   If he says they suck (he never says that though...he will just not put up a review), I'm not buying until I get to hear the K812 in person.

 

If he puts them up on the Wall of Fame, it will matter to me in the long run.:smile:

 

Tyll often damns with faint praise but always keeps things in proper perspective. Comparing to others in similar price range is the general rule of thumb.

post #413 of 985

Who cares what Tyll thinks! He doesn't even have golden ears like I have.

His hearing rolls off at 4khz and he only likes thin and trebly headphones.

I think his favorite was the 325is because of how neutral it was.

post #414 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

 

 

Tyll often damns with faint praise but always keeps things in proper perspective. Comparing to others in similar price range is the general rule of thumb.

 

Tyll definitely didn't hold back the praise of these ultrasones. 

 

post #415 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post
 

 

Tyll definitely didn't hold back the praise of these ultrasones. 

 

Y-E-S! If the AKGs do sound like this, I hope Tyll makes another one of these videos. When I see this, it makes me real happy deep down to know that Tyll has the guts despite his close connections to the industry to appropriately diss a crappy pair of headphones.

 

Tyll, if this new AKG model has any flaws whatsoever, tear it to shreds, mercilessly, down to the core, in your review! :veryevil: 


Edited by Sonichedgehog360 - 10/14/13 at 6:32pm
post #416 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post
 

Who cares what Tyll thinks! He doesn't even have golden ears like I have.

His hearing rolls off at 4khz and he only likes thin and trebly headphones.

I think his favorite was the 325is because of how neutral it was.

Are you talking about the same Tyll? LOL He hates Grados and bright cans

post #417 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post
 

Who cares what Tyll thinks! He doesn't even have golden ears like I have.

His hearing rolls off at 4khz and he only likes thin and trebly headphones.

I think his favorite was the 325is because of how neutral it was.

Are you talking about the same Tyll? LOL He hates Grados and bright cans

 

 

Lol! Where was this said?

post #418 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwappo99 View Post
 

 

 

Lol! Where was this said?


During his review of the original LCD-2 he stated the tonal balance of that headphone was pretty much his ideal.

post #419 of 985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 View Post
 


During his review of the original LCD-2 he stated the tonal balance of that headphone was pretty much his ideal.

 

I meant:

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post
 

Who cares what Tyll thinks! He doesn't even have golden ears like I have.

His hearing rolls off at 4khz and he only likes thin and trebly headphones.

I think his favorite was the 325is because of how neutral it was.

post #420 of 985

lol... typical tdockweiler humor. Good one!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › NEW! AKG K812