3-pin means it's not balanceable, unless you cut into the cup and split the grounds yourself, if I'm not mistaken?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by nightmancometh, 12/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need help : Screw driver for AKG K812 Last post on 7/4/16 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 8/6/16 at 9:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 2/24/17 at 10:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
NEW! AKG K812 - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I don't like full formal reviews written after two minutes of listening..
Early impressions sound positive so far.
I'm looking forward to more comparisons with the HD800. I speculate a tradeoff where the HD800 will still best them in soundstage but with the K812 having a fuller and more "musical" signature.
Edited by chicolom - 10/10/13 at 4:04pm
I've just come back from the demo session too. I listened to it for nearly 45 mins in complete silence and had my T1's and Ultrasone Sig Pro's at hand for comparisons sake.
Basically guys, Nomax is right.
Seriously, strap on tight as AKG have released a monster of a headphone. A real real beauty. I almost cried when listening to it.
The real judge of how good this headphone is will ultimately come when you get the chance to listen for yourself, but it's better than the T1's and better than the HD800 in my opinion. I have very rarely, if at all, described a headphones sound as beautiful but this is what this is. It's so clean, clear, resolving, weightly, full, dynamic, layered and above all natural. No artificial brightness, sibilance or peaks. Bass isn't light or under-energised. It's closer to the Sig Pro's in weight and quantity rather than the T1's. The soundstage is HD800 style wide. Definitely wider than the T1's.
What really Impressed me. No that's a lie. What really scared me was how good it sounded out of my SGS I9000 smart phone (Voodoo sound). Wow. I can't see driveability being a problem with this headphone.
I agree with Ra97oR about the cable in that it could be more flashy/impressive but it's completely functional and I'm someone who likes thinner more easier to manage cables rather than the T1 type. Something like the Ultrasone Signature pro's cable is the best - could have done something like this. He explained about how this can be driven from an ipad for use when musicians mix/take ideas down on it (that's true) and when one considers that, the cable makes more sense. Overall build apart from that is very good.....
....might as well just write a review on listening impressions, rather than just type whatever I'm thinking. I'll be back shortly..
So Guys FOR me its TIME to say GOODBYE!it was a lot a fun here with you!I HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY THIS NEW GAME CHANGER!THIS REAL HIGH END FLAGSHIP THE AKG K812!and don't forget to take a closer Look to SPL(in a few weeks there will come a another Sensation the FOLLOWER of the PHONITOR) NOMAX ENDS
Guess his work here is done and AKG has ended his contract. Until next time Nomax. I hope every headphone company hires you for viral marketing when they're planning to reveal their next flagship.
- NEW! AKG K812
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 26 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing V-MODA REMIX - World's First Portable Heapdhone... 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 7 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 11 minutes ago
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear