3-pin means it's not balanceable, unless you cut into the cup and split the grounds yourself, if I'm not mistaken?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K812tagged by nightmancometh, 12/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Need help : Screw driver for AKG K812 Last post on 7/4/16 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed Cans, looking... Last post on 8/6/16 at 9:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- List of Good High-end Headphone Stores in Switzerland Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K8XX massdrop?! K812 Last post on 1/30/15 at 1:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My Video Review of the AKG K812 (on SALE in Hong Kong!) Last post on 12/22/14 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
Introduction With thanks to my esteemed colleague and front page superstar @glassmonkey for fronting this review spectacular. 3 cheers also go out to Iain and the rest of the RHA team for...
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
NEW! AKG K812 - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I don't like full formal reviews written after two minutes of listening..
Early impressions sound positive so far.
I'm looking forward to more comparisons with the HD800. I speculate a tradeoff where the HD800 will still best them in soundstage but with the K812 having a fuller and more "musical" signature.
Edited by chicolom - 10/10/13 at 4:04pm
I've just come back from the demo session too. I listened to it for nearly 45 mins in complete silence and had my T1's and Ultrasone Sig Pro's at hand for comparisons sake.
Basically guys, Nomax is right.
Seriously, strap on tight as AKG have released a monster of a headphone. A real real beauty. I almost cried when listening to it.
The real judge of how good this headphone is will ultimately come when you get the chance to listen for yourself, but it's better than the T1's and better than the HD800 in my opinion. I have very rarely, if at all, described a headphones sound as beautiful but this is what this is. It's so clean, clear, resolving, weightly, full, dynamic, layered and above all natural. No artificial brightness, sibilance or peaks. Bass isn't light or under-energised. It's closer to the Sig Pro's in weight and quantity rather than the T1's. The soundstage is HD800 style wide. Definitely wider than the T1's.
What really Impressed me. No that's a lie. What really scared me was how good it sounded out of my SGS I9000 smart phone (Voodoo sound). Wow. I can't see driveability being a problem with this headphone.
I agree with Ra97oR about the cable in that it could be more flashy/impressive but it's completely functional and I'm someone who likes thinner more easier to manage cables rather than the T1 type. Something like the Ultrasone Signature pro's cable is the best - could have done something like this. He explained about how this can be driven from an ipad for use when musicians mix/take ideas down on it (that's true) and when one considers that, the cable makes more sense. Overall build apart from that is very good.....
....might as well just write a review on listening impressions, rather than just type whatever I'm thinking. I'll be back shortly..
So Guys FOR me its TIME to say GOODBYE!it was a lot a fun here with you!I HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY THIS NEW GAME CHANGER!THIS REAL HIGH END FLAGSHIP THE AKG K812!and don't forget to take a closer Look to SPL(in a few weeks there will come a another Sensation the FOLLOWER of the PHONITOR) NOMAX ENDS
Guess his work here is done and AKG has ended his contract. Until next time Nomax. I hope every headphone company hires you for viral marketing when they're planning to reveal their next flagship.
- NEW! AKG K812
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 30 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Samsung IconX bluetooth IEMs *Used once* *Free postage Australia wide* 1 minute ago
- › DIY Planar scratch build 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear