- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone for a big head that sounded similar to Dynaudio ? Last post on 1/7/13 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones? Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Burning in Kef M500? Last post on 2/24/15 at 7:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :) - Page 27
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The people over there (me included) do not treat them that way. If we said they're the best can in the world it's obviously sarcasm, but if I think the beat most closed cans out there, and someone else says the beat the He-6 or HE 500 in specific areas, then we are only stating the truth. You have heard them right?
LOL sure, send me a pair and I will give a full and complete review. If I agree that they are everything they're hyped up to be I'll paypal the price +10% by way of apology. Call it the "foot in mouth tax". Otherwise I'll just mail them back.
Sorry, in this world there is no deduction or "citing sources". Only first-hand experience matters. Burn all your books, don't send your children to school, the only knowledge one can attain is done directly.
LOL I was agreeing with you there. First hand experience is obviously important, but as (ostensibly) intelligent adults we can also usually piece together when something is fishy or otherwise nonsense.
"The Mikros 90 is an amazing deal!" Sure, I got no reason to think that's weird.
"The Mikros 90 is the best you'll get under $300!" Okay, opinions are opinions but I can't argue.
"The Mikros 90 is better than anything under $2000!" Alllll right, now we're getting weird, I feel pretty confident in saying this is not true.
Yeah I'm pretty sure if we took this board and made sure no one made any comments about any products they hadn't personally used then about 75% of the traffic would go away.
Actually, that renders the entire concept of overrated/underrated null and void since both of the previous terms are purely applied to one's personal opinions related to a given product, and there is no way to consider someone ELSE'S opinion in any way incorrect, only that one's OWN opinion differs from the bulk of others in one fashion or another. Nothing is over/underrated, we merely find ourselves as outliers to popular opinion.
Relativism is fun!
- Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 34 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › [TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP (Release Imminent) - Product Information and... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2