- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphones Blacktagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best Headphones? Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Comfortable headphones with detachable cable, upgrade from HD 205 (£120) max! Last post on 6/9/14 at 3:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 vs DT770 Last post on 5/24/14 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :) - Page 27
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The people over there (me included) do not treat them that way. If we said they're the best can in the world it's obviously sarcasm, but if I think the beat most closed cans out there, and someone else says the beat the He-6 or HE 500 in specific areas, then we are only stating the truth. You have heard them right?
LOL sure, send me a pair and I will give a full and complete review. If I agree that they are everything they're hyped up to be I'll paypal the price +10% by way of apology. Call it the "foot in mouth tax". Otherwise I'll just mail them back.
Sorry, in this world there is no deduction or "citing sources". Only first-hand experience matters. Burn all your books, don't send your children to school, the only knowledge one can attain is done directly.
LOL I was agreeing with you there. First hand experience is obviously important, but as (ostensibly) intelligent adults we can also usually piece together when something is fishy or otherwise nonsense.
"The Mikros 90 is an amazing deal!" Sure, I got no reason to think that's weird.
"The Mikros 90 is the best you'll get under $300!" Okay, opinions are opinions but I can't argue.
"The Mikros 90 is better than anything under $2000!" Alllll right, now we're getting weird, I feel pretty confident in saying this is not true.
Yeah I'm pretty sure if we took this board and made sure no one made any comments about any products they hadn't personally used then about 75% of the traffic would go away.
Actually, that renders the entire concept of overrated/underrated null and void since both of the previous terms are purely applied to one's personal opinions related to a given product, and there is no way to consider someone ELSE'S opinion in any way incorrect, only that one's OWN opinion differs from the bulk of others in one fashion or another. Nothing is over/underrated, we merely find ourselves as outliers to popular opinion.
Relativism is fun!
- Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman EF-5 headphone amplifier mods and rolls 10 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 56 seconds ago
- › Dac for home use with sony Amplifier and pc-laptop 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 preview world tour--also keep an eye out for the local... 5 minutes ago
- › Still Upgrade Time for the 940s, $1000 Budget 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)