- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
- productAudio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
- productSennheiser HD 439 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by nightmancometh, 11/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone for a big head that sounded similar to Dynaudio ? Last post on 1/7/13 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones? Last post on 10/12/12 at 11:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Burning in Kef M500? Last post on 2/24/15 at 7:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :) - Page 27
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The people over there (me included) do not treat them that way. If we said they're the best can in the world it's obviously sarcasm, but if I think the beat most closed cans out there, and someone else says the beat the He-6 or HE 500 in specific areas, then we are only stating the truth. You have heard them right?
LOL sure, send me a pair and I will give a full and complete review. If I agree that they are everything they're hyped up to be I'll paypal the price +10% by way of apology. Call it the "foot in mouth tax". Otherwise I'll just mail them back.
Sorry, in this world there is no deduction or "citing sources". Only first-hand experience matters. Burn all your books, don't send your children to school, the only knowledge one can attain is done directly.
LOL I was agreeing with you there. First hand experience is obviously important, but as (ostensibly) intelligent adults we can also usually piece together when something is fishy or otherwise nonsense.
"The Mikros 90 is an amazing deal!" Sure, I got no reason to think that's weird.
"The Mikros 90 is the best you'll get under $300!" Okay, opinions are opinions but I can't argue.
"The Mikros 90 is better than anything under $2000!" Alllll right, now we're getting weird, I feel pretty confident in saying this is not true.
Yeah I'm pretty sure if we took this board and made sure no one made any comments about any products they hadn't personally used then about 75% of the traffic would go away.
Actually, that renders the entire concept of overrated/underrated null and void since both of the previous terms are purely applied to one's personal opinions related to a given product, and there is no way to consider someone ELSE'S opinion in any way incorrect, only that one's OWN opinion differs from the bulk of others in one fashion or another. Nothing is over/underrated, we merely find ourselves as outliers to popular opinion.
Relativism is fun!
- Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 9 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 12 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 25 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 42 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2