Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :) - Page 26  

post #376 of 495
I haven't read the Mikros 90 thread yet, but I'd been looking for a portable and picked it up for $65. It's still burning in, but from a brief preliminary listen, it plays vocals well and maybe strings too; drums sounded artificial. So over-rated for $65? No.
post #377 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post

I haven't read the Mikros 90 thread yet, but I'd been looking for a portable and picked it up for $65. It's still burning in, but from a brief preliminary listen, it plays vocals well and maybe strings too; drums sounded artificial. So over-rated for $65? No.

It will get better after 50 hours - this model is a perfect candidate for proof that burn-in exists...


...or...

After 50 hours of mental burn in, it will sound much better. confused_face_2.gif
post #378 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post

It will get better after 50 hours - this model is a perfect candidate for proof that burn-in exists...
...or...
After 50 hours of mental burn in, it will sound much better. confused_face_2.gif

I'm told it needs 70-80 hours; I want to judge it fairly, and burning in is very easy. I'll probably keep it as it seems better than the portable alternatives for classical at that price.
Edited by Claritas - 3/17/14 at 8:57am
post #379 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post

I'm told it needs 70-80 hours; I want to judge it fairly, and burning in is very easy. I'll probably keep it as it seems better than the portable alternatives for classical at that price.


At around 50 hours it starts to open up...at around 200 it is sublime.
post #380 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claritas View Post

I haven't read the Mikros 90 thread yet, but I'd been looking for a portable and picked it up for $65. It's still burning in, but from a brief preliminary listen, it plays vocals well and maybe strings too; drums sounded artificial. So over-rated for $65? No.

 

You should take opinions from people who have never use the product in question with a mountain of salt.

To me if someone is talking and/or has an opinion about a headphone they have never heard before, their opinions is invalid. 

 

Would you ever ask someone who has never driven a car to teach you how to drive? 


Edited by RoMee - 3/17/14 at 9:13am
post #381 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMee View Post
 

 

You should take opinions from people who have never use the product in question with a mountain of salt.

To me if someone is talking and/or has an opinion about a headphone they have never heard before, their opinions becomes invalid. 

 

Would you ever ask someone who has never driven a car to teach you how to drive? 

 

That is a ridiculous analogy.

 

So you're telling me that you aren't willing to say the Honda Fit is not the best car under $75,000 because you've never driven one? The point is that the Mikros 90 thread is acting like it's the best headphone PERIOD. People are buying them in bulk and raving like anyone who doesn't have them is a lunatic. No headphone is that good. Especially not one that used to retail for $300 and had its price slashed by 80%. 

post #382 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

That is a ridiculous analogy.

So you're telling me that you aren't willing to say the Honda Fit is not the best car under $75,000 because you've never driven one? The point is that the Mikros 90 thread is acting like it's the best headphone PERIOD. People are buying them in bulk and raving like anyone who doesn't have them is a lunatic. No headphone is that good. Especially not one that used to retail for $300 and had its price slashed by 80%. 


Exactly, a headphone MUST cost more than $300 retail or else it can't be any good. And if someone claims that an inexpensive can is good is obviously lying.

Yes indeed, any can costing less than $300 whose owners say is good must be immediately discarded from our have-to-listen list...there is no need to verify those claims. Better yet, lets listen to the opinions of those who have not heard those cans, for they are wise and not easily fooled.
post #383 of 495

The first rule of Head-Fi: if you haven't heard it, don't comment.

The second rule of Head-Fi: if you haven't heard it, do NOT comment.

 

Reminds me of a SA5000 thread where some guy was trashing them for 3 pages, only to find out he hadn't even tried them.

post #384 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post


Exactly, a headphone MUST cost more than $300 retail or else it can't be any good. And if someone claims that an inexpensive can is good is obviously lying.

Yes indeed, any can costing less than $300 whose owners say is good must be immediately discarded from our have-to-listen list...there is no need to verify those claims. Better yet, lets listen to the opinions of those who have not heard those cans, for they are wise and not easily fooled.

 

Dude, seriously. Your reading comprehension is terrible, LOL.

 

My point wasn't that they're bad. Or even that they're not "very good". Just that the thread over there acts like Mikros 90 are THE HEADPHONE TO END ALL HEADPHONES AND YOU MUST WORSHIP AT THE ALTAR OF MIKROS. People are buying them in BULK like they're some sort of rare gem and when the Russians bomb the United States the economy will be rebuilt based upon how many pairs of Mikros 90 you own. 

 

I don't care what the product is or how much it costs. If anyone comes at you with that kind of fervor, unless they can prove that the thing will print money and do you sexual favors, they're massively overstating it. 

post #385 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoe View Post
 

The first rule of Head-Fi: if you haven't heard it, don't comment.

The second rule of Head-Fi: if you haven't heard it, do NOT comment.

 

Reminds me of a SA5000 thread where some guy was trashing them for 3 pages, only to find out he hadn't even tried them.

 

Holy **** I ain't bashing the things. I'm saying the way they're held in such cult-like worship is crazy. I'm not even reviewing them or making a comment on them at all. I'm talking about the crazy way they're nigh-worshipped.

 

I swear some people on here just don't know how to read and are looking for reasons to throw tantrums...

post #386 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
 

 

That is a ridiculous analogy.

 

So you're telling me that you aren't willing to say the Honda Fit is not the best car under $75,000 because you've never driven one? The point is that the Mikros 90 thread is acting like it's the best headphone PERIOD. People are buying them in bulk and raving like anyone who doesn't have them is a lunatic. No headphone is that good. Especially not one that used to retail for $300 and had its price slashed by 80%. 

 

That sounds like a comment on how good they are to me. Then again, I finished school 10 years ago, perhaps my reading skills took a nose dive since? :D

post #387 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoe View Post

The first rule of Head-Fi: if you haven't heard it, don't comment.
The second rule of Head-Fi: if you haven't heard it, do NOT comment.

Reminds me of a SA5000 thread where some guy was trashing them for 3 pages, only to find out he hadn't even tried them.

I totally disagree. I haven't done any science experiments to decide if the Earth is round but I can tell you it's round, or at least I heard that it's round.
post #388 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

Dude, seriously. Your reading comprehension is terrible, LOL.

My point wasn't that they're bad. Or even that they're not "very good". Just that the thread over there acts like Mikros 90 are THE HEADPHONE TO END ALL HEADPHONES AND YOU MUST WORSHIP AT THE ALTAR OF MIKROS. People are buying them in BULK like they're some sort of rare gem and when the Russians bomb the United States the economy will be rebuilt based upon how many pairs of Mikros 90 you own. 

I don't care what the product is or how much it costs. If anyone comes at you with that kind of fervor, unless they can prove that the thing will print money and do you sexual favors, they're massively overstating it. 

How can they prove it if you don't hear them? You seem unwilling to try them because Mikros owners must be full of crap...so we are right back where we started from.


The first rule of Head-Fi: if you haven't heard it, don't comment.
The second rule of Head-Fi: if you haven't heard it, do NOT comment.


Any questions, SomeGuyDude?
post #389 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post

Dude, seriously. Your reading comprehension is terrible, LOL.

My point wasn't that they're bad. Or even that they're not "very good". Just that the thread over there acts like Mikros 90 are THE HEADPHONE TO END ALL HEADPHONES AND YOU MUST WORSHIP AT THE ALTAR OF MIKROS. People are buying them in BULK like they're some sort of rare gem and when the Russians bomb the United States the economy will be rebuilt based upon how many pairs of Mikros 90 you own. 

I don't care what the product is or how much it costs. If anyone comes at you with that kind of fervor, unless they can prove that the thing will print money and do you sexual favors, they're massively overstating it. 
The people over there (me included) do not treat them that way. If we said they're the best can in the world it's obviously sarcasm, but if I think the beat most closed cans out there, and someone else says the beat the He-6 or HE 500 in specific areas, then we are only stating the truth. You have heard them right?
post #390 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post


How can they prove it if you don't hear them? You seem unwilling to try them because Mikros owners must be full of crap...so we are right back where we started from.


The first rule of Head-Fi: if you haven't heard it, don't comment.
The second rule of Head-Fi: if you haven't heard it, do NOT comment.


Any questions, SomeGuyDude?

 

LOL so you won't disagree with anything you haven't personally experienced? Inference and deduction are nonexistent? Okay, fine, let's play that game.

 

- The 2009 Honda Fit is the best driving car in the world

 

- I have a bulldog that weighs 250 pounds

 

- The moon is made of cheese.

 

- Gravity doesn't work in Moosic, PA

 

- I can bench press 800 pounds

 

- I made a beer using the Mr Beer kit that tastes better than any Belgian ale

 

In fact, I like your thinking. I can claim any dang old thing and you're not allowed to say I'm wrong unless you have personally witnessed all pertinent factors! This is awesome. There is no such thing as second hand understanding, knowledge doesn't exist!

 

You must have been a lot of fun in school. "Atoms have electrons that go around a nucleus, true or false?"    "I haven't seen it, so I can't comment."

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :)