Could anyone recommend me a warmer sounding HD600? I think I've read that the HD650 is warmer, but I do not want to spend $100 more just for that and would actually like to keep it around $200 give or take. It would need to be as comfortable and light as the HD600 if possible.I believe I liked the signature of the denon d2000's more, but like qualities of the HD600 as well.
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 10/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 6/17/16 at 4:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on these IEMs. Dunu has outdone themselves again. SOUND These are quite possibly the best IEMs I have ever listened to. These...
Warmer sounding HD600?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, first thought, the HD650 because it is warmer, but it's different from the HD600 in treble big time (rolled off treble). The D2000 has bright treble, and serious sub-bass. Something both the HD600/HD650 lack.
Sounds to me like you might like the Beyer DT880 PRO 250ohm. Inexpensive and has the combined qualities you're looking at.
The HD650 has better bass extension but the upper mid-lower high is recessed compared to the HD600 giving a distant sound. And it trades some of the bass tightness for bass extension so it's slower. I think the HD600 is ultimately better even if the HD650 is a little better at microdetail and overall resolution - IMO being more neutral beats that. IF you have a super resolving system source and a mega solid state (balanced) amp the HD650 will pull ahead, provided the coloration is pleasant.
The bad news is that there's still (after all these years) no headphone that competes with the HD600 at it's price. You might want to use slight EQ to tame it, or a tube amplifier. EQ would be -2 to -3dB between 3.5-4kHz and -1 to -2 dB over 4kHz. Then a +2dB at 50Hz to extend the bass lower a bit. That's all it needs to be almost perfect. Use parametric minimal phase EQ and it's quite ok.
- Warmer sounding HD600?
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 4 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1A vs 1More Triple Driver 50 seconds ago
- › Does FM result in degradation of music? 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › Auralic Gemini 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 9 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 10 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 11 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear