New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphones under $75

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Are there any good over-ear headphones for mostly bass heavy music but still sounds good with regular music?
post #2 of 13

Try superlux HD-330 with beyerdynamic HD-770 ear pads?

post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsi View Post

Try superlux HD-330 with beyerdynamic HD-770 ear pads?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0016MMYKA will just fit right onto these? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008FZOJGI
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimit1 View Post


http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0016MMYKA will just fit right onto these? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008FZOJGI

I believe the Superlux HD-330 are 150-Ohm, so at least a basic headphone amplifier is need to be used with the HD-330.

post #5 of 13

These are pretty sensitive. Even with integrated sound card you can get more than enough desibels in my opinion. These need about 20% more volume to sound equally volume with senn hd598, which are sensitive headphones.

 

Asus xonax DX soundcard gives enough power even with 40% volume.

 

Yes the DT770 velour pads are the right ones for these. Original pleather are uncomfortable and makes sound worse.

post #6 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsi View Post

These are pretty sensitive. Even with integrated sound card you can get more than enough desibels in my opinion. These need about 20% more volume to sound equally volume with senn hd598, which are sensitive headphones.

Asus xonax DX soundcard gives enough power even with 40% volume.

Yes the DT770 velour pads are the right ones for these. Original pleather are uncomfortable and makes sound worse.
what are the best under $75 out of the box for laptop use?
post #7 of 13

I'm sure you could find some used Grado SR80i for about your price, and I think the SR60i is about that price new. They have more treble than bass, but with a simple mod (15 minutes, no cost, and no modding experience required) you can give them a bunch more bass

post #8 of 13

Pioneer SE-A1000? Grados are on ear headphones and very uncomfortable. I had SR60i and i do not recommend them for anyone looking good sounding headphone.

post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsi View Post
 

Pioneer SE-A1000? Grados are on ear headphones and very uncomfortable. I had SR60i and i do not recommend them for anyone looking good sounding headphone.

Simple fuzzy sock changes that. I wear mine for hours with no comfort issues.

400

post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsi View Post

Pioneer SE-A1000? Grados are on ear headphones and very uncomfortable. I had SR60i and i do not recommend them for anyone looking good sounding headphone.


. Are there any mods to be made on the pioneers to make them better?
Edited by sublimit1 - 10/5/13 at 2:34pm
post #11 of 13

Pioneer SE-A1000 headphones could have bearable frequency response, but i do not have any experience of those. I have listened philips shp2000 and shp2500 and they are pretty good for the price. But if you really are looking for good sound quality i can only recommend superlux hd-330.

post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 

What is the best amplifier for the cheapest price?

post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimit1 View Post
 

What is the best amplifier for the cheapest price?

 

Fiio makes cheap priced amps, they are very decent. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home