or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 54

post #796 of 8306
When they start making your roxannes, do they send an email?
post #797 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

Thanks Mython. I might sent in a new one.

 

I don't know how JH audio keeps ear impressions. But my JH16 looks exactly like my JH13. amazing. Maybe they have something like a electronic file?

 

True, I tend to forget that more and more vendors these days are going digital with their customer impressions. That's a very good point.

 

I know Minerva are big on the digital side of things, but the bulk of their throughput is for hearing aids (much like Westone).

 

I asked about sending my Miracle impressions digitally, to save time and shipping hassle, but was told, at that time (when UM had the global promotion on) that UM would not accept these.

 

Times move on...


Edited by Mython - 11/29/13 at 10:04am
post #798 of 8306

Has anyone actually reviewed these yet?  I am very tempted to order a pair with JH's black friday sale, but would like to hear a comparison to my 13s before plopping down $1,600.

post #799 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodl View Post
 

Has anyone actually reviewed these yet?  I am very tempted to order a pair with JH's black friday sale, but would like to hear a comparison to my 13s before plopping down $1,600.

+1 .  Me too 

post #800 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
 

+1 .  Me too 

 

There hasn't been a proper review, but some basic comparisons earlier in this thread.  I recall seeing something from Canjam and another from a person who went to the JH offices.  

post #801 of 8306
Yeah, I've backed out. Not because I question how good they are, but I just don't see these replacing my speakers or headphones, and they are complete overkill for portables for my personal use. If that changes, I'll wait for another fire sale.

Congrats to all that ordered! I look forward to all the (without a doubt) positive impressions.
post #802 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by robm321 View Post

Yeah, I've backed out. Not because I question how good they are, but I just don't see these replacing my speakers or headphones, and they are complete overkill for portables for my personal use. If that changes, I'll wait for another fire sale.

Congrats to all that ordered! I look forward to all the (without a doubt) positive impressions.

 

Totally there with you... my relationship with headphones is they're a tool used for work (programming), and in the past I've always had a nice desktop rig that would probably average about 4 hours/day use.  Since doing remote work 1.5 years ago I've been IEM-only, and I've really enjoyed my time w/ a pair of TG!-334s so I'm finally ready to go whole-hog custom.  It is a bit alarming how quickly innovations are coming in IEMs though.  

post #803 of 8306

To the undecided people, here are some impressions of the Roxanne by Headfonia:

http://www.headfonia.com/tokyo-headphone-festival-2013-autumn/2/

 

Quote:
I really dig the coherence though, definitely much better than the JH16 I used to own (which is one of the reasons I sold my JH16), and the 1964 V6S I am now using.
Quote:
Another funny thing is that with the 16, I can definitely feel the bass to be the emphasis as it slightly overpowered the rest of the frequencies. With the Roxanne, I think maybe the result of a superior tuning, that bass emphasis is gone, meaning the other bands feel just as present and the frequency response is super flat but at the same time the Roxanne manages to deliver an even beefier bass than the 16 AND also cleanear and clearer on the bass region too (16 bass sounds a bit veiled now). 
Quote:
As I’ve mentioned, the fullest sounding IEM I’ve heard and as I did an A-B to the JH16 and to my surprise the Roxanne made the 16 sounds small and almost puny (I don’t think I’ll ever use that word for the 16).

Edited by z3r0day - 11/29/13 at 4:23pm
post #804 of 8306

On the JH site is there a status update of the order after "payment received" like "ear molds received"? I am from Europe and sent the molds about a month ago and I am starting to get worried that they got lost in the mail.

post #805 of 8306
CIEM S different then headphones like speakers are different then speAkers

I will not walk around with headphones and I do use IEM s at home or office
They are kinda like a microscope for
Music
post #806 of 8306

I placed the order this afternoon! (like 6 hours ago for me:P)

 

Thankfully I also had the change to listen to all of the other CIEMS dat JH is offering! I went to an authorized dealer over here in Holland and they had the 10xpro all the way to the 16's (pre-freqfase though). I hadn't heart JH IEM's before so this was very revealing to what I can expect when my Roxanne's come in:) I ordered the carbon version with platinum flying girl. I've also put in an extra case, the black metal round one, because I don't think that the magnetic closure on the carbon box will be that tight... especially when they are in one of my bags and I don't want them to fall out of the box.

post #807 of 8306

I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on the Roxanne. I'm actually slightly hesitant because I know JH has said that he's releasing a series of these "Siren Series" IEMs over the next several years, and I can only imagine what amazing technology he's going to pull out of the bag next. It feels like there's going to be a constant stream of "best" earphones coming out that I'll forever be wanting to upgrade to. I suppose that's the nature of the audio industry and I'll just have to accept that better things will inevitably come along.

 

Since I live in the UK I'm really not sure how their process works for overseas purchases. Does anyone know how much time you're allowed between purchase and sending them your impressions? Also how do you find out what JH wants in terms of impressions, and do they have to come from one of their recommended practitioners?

post #808 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post
 

I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on the Roxanne. I'm actually slightly hesitant because I know JH has said that he's releasing a series of these "Siren Series" IEMs over the next several years, and I can only imagine what amazing technology he's going to pull out of the bag next. It feels like there's going to be a constant stream of "best" earphones coming out that I'll forever be wanting to upgrade to. I suppose that's the nature of the audio industry and I'll just have to accept that better things will inevitably come along.

 

 

If you read back through this thread, you'll find it has already been mentioned that Jerry Harvey has stated that the Roxanne will be the flagship of the Siren Series.

 

 

I wouldn't worry too much about a bit of a delay in sending your impressions - the JH team are going to be snowed-under with orders, anyway.

post #809 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimlad View Post

 

Also how do you find out what JH wants in terms of impressions, and do they have to come from one of their recommended practitioners?

 

They actually have a fairly detailed PDF of what they expect w/ impressions that you get after checkout.  I'd copy it in full but I'm not sure if it's allowed...

post #810 of 8306
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeau View Post
 

 

They actually have a fairly detailed PDF of what they expect w/ impressions that you get after checkout.  I'd copy it in full but I'm not sure if it's allowed...

 

I'm sure you can link to it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"