Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 453

post #6781 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Room40 View Post

Addicted2Audio has them retailing in Australia for $1599 
Got mine from Jaben for $1600. They did a price match to Addicted.
post #6782 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladzakhar View Post
 

Roxanne cable jacks are the piece of ****. I had 2 of them died in 2 months. I sent them to Moon audio and they replaced the jacks. I have no problem since.

 

how much did moon audio charge to replace the jack?

post #6783 of 6974
$35 incl shipping
post #6784 of 6974

Thanks! Do i email them to place order? i don't see the such option on moon audio's site.

post #6785 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthearmsofrain View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieon View Post

I might be wrong on this, but i've heard that burn-in doesn't make too big of a difference for BA drivers compared to dynamic ones? 

Most of it, is just your brain adjusting to the sound

 

It can be either, and depends on the drivers used by the manufacturer. My JH13s, when they first arrived, had a very poor bass response. It wasn't a matter of my brain at all, they literally sounded like utter crap. Suddenly after some hours of use, the bass appeared. Later on I asked another manufacturer about burn-in and they said the drivers they use don't change with use.

 

On the other hand, my experience with "brain burn-in" is that if I use a pair of IEMs or headphones exclusively, I get used to the sound. It is changing to using another pair after having spent time listening to music that I find causes the most problems. 

 

So overall there isn't a universal truth about this. Probably the advice to give a new pair of IEMs or headphones some use is going to be the best, regardless of the possible reasons. :smile:

post #6786 of 6974
I found the same thing with my jh16s twice. Both times the bass sounded bloated the soundstage was all in your face and not wide after some time they sounded awesome
post #6787 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

It can be either, and depends on the drivers used by the manufacturer. My JH13s, when they first arrived, had a very poor bass response. It wasn't a matter of my brain at all, they literally sounded like utter crap. Suddenly after some hours of use, the bass appeared. Later on I asked another manufacturer about burn-in and they said the drivers they use don't change with use.

On the other hand, my experience with "brain burn-in" is that if I use a pair of IEMs or headphones exclusively, I get used to the sound. It is changing to using another pair after having spent time listening to music that I find causes the most problems. 

So overall there isn't a universal truth about this. Probably the advice to give a new pair of IEMs or headphones some use is going to be the best, regardless of the possible reasons. smile.gif
I am sure the sound is improving immensely on my new Roxanne Universals. Still experimenting with the tips and I have yet to get the fit "just right", once I do, it's game on/over. These are great 'phones already.
post #6788 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post
 

 

It can be either, and depends on the drivers used by the manufacturer. My JH13s, when they first arrived, had a very poor bass response. It wasn't a matter of my brain at all, they literally sounded like utter crap. Suddenly after some hours of use, the bass appeared. Later on I asked another manufacturer about burn-in and they said the drivers they use don't change with use.

 

On the other hand, my experience with "brain burn-in" is that if I use a pair of IEMs or headphones exclusively, I get used to the sound. It is changing to using another pair after having spent time listening to music that I find causes the most problems. 

 

So overall there isn't a universal truth about this. Probably the advice to give a new pair of IEMs or headphones some use is going to be the best, regardless of the possible reasons. :smile:

Thanks for sharing this. My uni Rox has been burned in for over 48 hours now. I'm not sure if its brain burn in, but I feel that the bass has tightened up a little bit and sibilance has reduced slightly. I'm really enjoying them so far, they are very enjoyable to listen to and the sound just completely wraps around your head. Bass is punchy, fast and clean yet still so much clarity in the mids and highs. 

 

Just out of curiosity, for those who have the Tralucent Audio 1Plus2, how do they compare to the Roxannes? Thanks :) 

post #6789 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieon View Post
 

Thanks for sharing this. My uni Rox has been burned in for over 48 hours now. I'm not sure if its brain burn in, but I feel that the bass has tightened up a little bit and sibilance has reduced slightly. I'm really enjoying them so far, they are very enjoyable to listen to and the sound just completely wraps around your head. Bass is punchy, fast and clean yet still so much clarity in the mids and highs. 

 

Just out of curiosity, for those who have the Tralucent Audio 1Plus2, how do they compare to the Roxannes? Thanks :) 


IMHO, sound wise 1Plus2 does better job. Especially, soundstage and instrument separation. With Uber cable it is. I sold mine, just because it wasn't comfortable and didn't isolate well enough for commute. And uber cable is to fragile to take outside.

post #6790 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladzakhar View Post
 


IMHO, sound wise 1Plus2 does better job. Especially, soundstage and instrument separation. With Uber cable it is. I sold mine, just because it wasn't comfortable and didn't isolate well enough for commute. And uber cable is to fragile to take outside.

Interesting, but you have kept the Roxanne's instead. Admittedly, I find my Roxanne's a bit too bulky for outside use. How does the bass on the 1Plus2 compare to the Rox? 

post #6791 of 6974
Really had a chance to sit down and enjoy my Roxanne Universals. Just a great, great IEM. The fit takes a little getting used to, these things are huge, and do protrude, unlike some IEM's that nearly disappear into your ears. The sound really is amazing, and though the tariff for entry is not for everyone, if you can afford it and feel your listening enjoyment is worth it, you will enjoy them!
Edited by uncle b - 8/26/14 at 8:38pm
post #6792 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieon View Post
 

Interesting, but you have kept the Roxanne's instead. Admittedly, I find my Roxanne's a bit too bulky for outside use. How does the bass on the 1Plus2 compare to the Rox? 

The bass has about the same impact and body. Maybe, the Roxanne's bass just a little bit punchier. I kept my Roxannes because they are more practical for outside use. When I had 1+2s with uber cable I tried to take to outside. The cable is to bulky and heavy and they didn't isolate well on the bus commute.

1+2 with uber cable has better sound, more engaging, Roxannes is better with everything else.

post #6793 of 6974

My Uni Rox now have close to 200 hours on them and any sibilance issues I had are now gone. Don't know if it's due to burn in or just my brain and ears adjusting but they sound incredible now, loving these. 

post #6794 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon1323 View Post

My Uni Rox now have close to 200 hours on them and any sibilance issues I had are now gone. Don't know if it's due to burn in or just my brain and ears adjusting but they sound incredible now, loving these. 
I totally agree!!! I know the "burn-in" of IEM's is subjective and source of deliberation, but I am definitely enjoying these more every hour, every day.
post #6795 of 6974

FYI: I got the FedEx notification via email for my Black Friday CF order yesterday; should receive my Roxanne's next week. JH received my impressions just after New Year's. As a side note for those still waiting, JH's website order status did not change from "Impressions received and order processed" (or similar).

 

//TB

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"