- 6,267 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Location: Florida
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs :D Last post on 2/28/15 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH 13 FP VS Roxanne Last post on 10/21/15 at 3:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom JH13 Freqphase IEM - do third party remolds affect sound signature? Last post on 1/21/15 at 4:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Introduction – When I was first looking into a set of computer speakers, many brands tickled my ear but few really caught my eye. Edifier are a perfect example of a brand renowned for their...
Mine developed a noisy right channel after a relatively short time. Cambridge Tech support was poor and customer support was just as bad. This company is pennywise and pound foolish and should...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 444
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
After receiving the rubbish and unwanted Roxanne (i know a lot of JH fans will be angry, but it is the fact! this is a over hyper CIEM, also the slow and irresponsible customer services from JH, after 7+ months of waiting with no email or tracking no. and refuse to cancel my order, i swear i will NEVER be their custom again!), still i'm glad i also bought Fitear 335dw, it is a heaven and hell different, the Fitear sound so sweet even just using an iPhone, the Roxanne sounds like a $100 earphone, more drivers really doesn't mean better sound. but i didn't give up (who will? after spending over $1000 bucks on a earphone) i try to find something that can drive this sh*t properly, as I'm not the guy who believe in a single Amp can make the difference and i don't want the Amp to change the CIEM's sound. i start looking at all the DAC& that on the market, I tried ALOT! from Sony PHA line, AK10, JVC SU AX7, Onkyo HA-200, TEAC HA-P50, V-moda Vamp, Fostex HP-P1, Theorem 720 DAC, Venture Craft Typhoon standard. some of them improve the sound a bit, but non of them drives the roxanne to my expectation, UNTIL last week, i visit the hifi show in HK, i first met the Chrod Hugo. MAN! they connect this thing straight to a HD 800. i talk to myself, DON'T DO IT! but i did, and i end up going home with it. It is pricy, but i managed to get a special discount from them HKD 18000 --> HKD 14380. so now I'm happy to say Roxanne is no longer rubbish. Just be prepare the extra cash you need to spend before pressing order button. otherwise, the Fitear & Noble Audio (which, surprisingly they have demo in the show) are your better choice.
coming from the 7 13 and 16 i am absolutely in love with the JH house sound but I feel that the Roxanne doesn't quite measure up. specially not with that price tag. sadly in this case more drivers doesn't mean better sound
Have you listened to the Roxannes?
Any other IEMS you can compare them with?
Nope, the Fitear don't have the same ratio of scales up...
unsure if it was a demo unit or someone else's lol they just made me try it
i found it too flat, tbh, and that ruins the whole price-performance ratio for me. now i understand that's entirely subjective but there you go
i appreciate that it can have something to do with the fit too, i mean i'm used to huge drivers like the 334 and the 1p2 but the Roxanne is just huge. though i did get a good seal using the stock large silicone and dual flange tips
Got my custom Carbon Fiber Roxannes last week. Burned them in for 3 days straight, and I can say they are leaps and bounds above my JH16s that I owned for a year. I never thought the 16s sounded bright, but next to the uber smoothness of the Roxannes, they do sound bright. The treble is much better on the Roxannes. I'm hearing things in the upper treble regions I didn't hear from the 16s. Seems like the 16s were missing a lot of information in the treble region. The bass is also better on the Roxannes than the 16s. Also hearing more details from the Roxannes than the 16s.
I'm strictly an IEM guy and both were being fed from my RWAK120-B using the same amp.
I did notice the Roxannes open up quite a bit and the treble become smoother after about 75 hours of burn in.
I had perfect seals from both. Also, the bass adjustment on the Roxannes is awesome. You can pretty much dial them to any type of sound signature you like.
Edited by onlychild - 8/13/14 at 2:42pm
I can't quite put my finger on how I feel about my uni Roxannes... They're my first IEM that costs above the $1k mark and while its sound is hard to fault, i'm also not wow'ed by their sound (yet?). I also do notice that they are rather sibilant, which was surprising given how my other much cheaper IEMs aren't. Admittedly, they have not been burned in too much, maybe 3-4 hours of use so far. I must confess I was a lot more impressed when I heard my RE-600 (balanced) paired with my HM-901 (balanced amp card). I don't regret my purchase, but I was expecting more. Don't get me wrong, i'd say that my Roxannes are the best sounding IEM I currently have, but I feel that the law of diminishing returns applies strongly here.
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 3 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 4 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Schiit Asgard 2 4 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 6 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Malfunkt
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by bhazard
- › Brainwavz Jive by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...