- 7,634 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Location: Florida
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs :D Last post on 3/16/17 at 5:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH 13 FP VS Roxanne Last post on 10/21/15 at 3:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom JH13 Freqphase IEM - do third party remolds affect sound signature? Last post on 1/21/15 at 4:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
The nice thing about being last on the tour is that I have the benefit of completely broken in equipment. The new smell and feel is gone. Gone through many miles and air flights, and USPS trucks...
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 444
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
After receiving the rubbish and unwanted Roxanne (i know a lot of JH fans will be angry, but it is the fact! this is a over hyper CIEM, also the slow and irresponsible customer services from JH, after 7+ months of waiting with no email or tracking no. and refuse to cancel my order, i swear i will NEVER be their custom again!), still i'm glad i also bought Fitear 335dw, it is a heaven and hell different, the Fitear sound so sweet even just using an iPhone, the Roxanne sounds like a $100 earphone, more drivers really doesn't mean better sound. but i didn't give up (who will? after spending over $1000 bucks on a earphone) i try to find something that can drive this sh*t properly, as I'm not the guy who believe in a single Amp can make the difference and i don't want the Amp to change the CIEM's sound. i start looking at all the DAC& that on the market, I tried ALOT! from Sony PHA line, AK10, JVC SU AX7, Onkyo HA-200, TEAC HA-P50, V-moda Vamp, Fostex HP-P1, Theorem 720 DAC, Venture Craft Typhoon standard. some of them improve the sound a bit, but non of them drives the roxanne to my expectation, UNTIL last week, i visit the hifi show in HK, i first met the Chrod Hugo. MAN! they connect this thing straight to a HD 800. i talk to myself, DON'T DO IT! but i did, and i end up going home with it. It is pricy, but i managed to get a special discount from them HKD 18000 --> HKD 14380. so now I'm happy to say Roxanne is no longer rubbish. Just be prepare the extra cash you need to spend before pressing order button. otherwise, the Fitear & Noble Audio (which, surprisingly they have demo in the show) are your better choice.
coming from the 7 13 and 16 i am absolutely in love with the JH house sound but I feel that the Roxanne doesn't quite measure up. specially not with that price tag. sadly in this case more drivers doesn't mean better sound
Have you listened to the Roxannes?
Any other IEMS you can compare them with?
Nope, the Fitear don't have the same ratio of scales up...
unsure if it was a demo unit or someone else's lol they just made me try it
i found it too flat, tbh, and that ruins the whole price-performance ratio for me. now i understand that's entirely subjective but there you go
i appreciate that it can have something to do with the fit too, i mean i'm used to huge drivers like the 334 and the 1p2 but the Roxanne is just huge. though i did get a good seal using the stock large silicone and dual flange tips
Got my custom Carbon Fiber Roxannes last week. Burned them in for 3 days straight, and I can say they are leaps and bounds above my JH16s that I owned for a year. I never thought the 16s sounded bright, but next to the uber smoothness of the Roxannes, they do sound bright. The treble is much better on the Roxannes. I'm hearing things in the upper treble regions I didn't hear from the 16s. Seems like the 16s were missing a lot of information in the treble region. The bass is also better on the Roxannes than the 16s. Also hearing more details from the Roxannes than the 16s.
I'm strictly an IEM guy and both were being fed from my RWAK120-B using the same amp.
I did notice the Roxannes open up quite a bit and the treble become smoother after about 75 hours of burn in.
I had perfect seals from both. Also, the bass adjustment on the Roxannes is awesome. You can pretty much dial them to any type of sound signature you like.
Edited by onlychild - 8/13/14 at 2:42pm
I can't quite put my finger on how I feel about my uni Roxannes... They're my first IEM that costs above the $1k mark and while its sound is hard to fault, i'm also not wow'ed by their sound (yet?). I also do notice that they are rather sibilant, which was surprising given how my other much cheaper IEMs aren't. Admittedly, they have not been burned in too much, maybe 3-4 hours of use so far. I must confess I was a lot more impressed when I heard my RE-600 (balanced) paired with my HM-901 (balanced amp card). I don't regret my purchase, but I was expecting more. Don't get me wrong, i'd say that my Roxannes are the best sounding IEM I currently have, but I feel that the law of diminishing returns applies strongly here.
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sen 650's 2 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 9 seconds ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 51 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL: 2017 North Carolina Meet 3 minutes ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 4 minutes ago
- › Hunting for ideal office headphones: closed & comfortable 4 minutes ago
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear