or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 412

post #6166 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


Well, rox has a lot of strengths but soundstage isn't really one of them imo.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post


I have to disagree, IMHO compared to other ciem's and iem's I would say the soundstage of the roxanne is a significant strength.
My Leckerton UHA760 does very well with them. The Hugo was nice but the price is not. But since I got the AK120 I don't use an amp. Only used it with the DX50.

 

 

Same here, the soundstage is the first thing you will notice that is different from Roxanne compared to other in-ears. It's comparable to a headphone imo. Which resemble the presentation on an Audeze headphone.

post #6167 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

Just had an hunch, but the 12 drivers. It's purely marketing right?  There isn't a good practical reason why you will have 4 drivers per each freq range right?  I mean you have BA of various sizes.  My NT6 has 6 drivers, and uses several types(sizes) for different frequencies.  If he's fitting 12 in that small space, my guess is he went with the tiny BAs so he can get the high number.    

 

It's still 3-way.

 

Nope my Roxanne is a transparent acrylic and I can see the drivers are of different sizes in groups of 4.

post #6168 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post


I can only for the customs, but I STRONGLY disagree with this statement. Holy cow....


EDIT: Switching from the JH16FP, JH3A, and the Roxanne....the Roxanne is HUGE compared to the other two. This is with the 901+balanced card.

I believe source has an affect on perception of the size of the stage.  Is it still wide with iphone 5?  If it is, then it's wide.  :D  I've been trying various DAPs and amps lately, and noticed that.  If it's something like 1p2, it's just wide.

post #6169 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post

I believe source has an affect on perception of the size of the stage.  Is it still wide with iphone 5?  If it is, then it's wide.  biggrin.gif   I've been trying various DAPs and amps lately, and noticed that.  If it's something like 1p2, it's just wide.

I wish I had a pair of 1p2 to compare of but alas, I do not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post




Same here, the soundstage is the first thing you will notice that is different from Roxanne compared to other in-ears. It's comparable to a headphone imo. Which resemble the presentation on an Audeze headphone.

Absolutely. The LCD-3 is my daily driver. Very similar.
post #6170 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by robm321 View Post

Me too. Its soundstage is one of its best attributes. 

I agree.
post #6171 of 8278

Is the bass tuner just an attenuator, so basically it's controlling the power to the low drivers?  I don't see why he didn't do the same for mid and highs?  

post #6172 of 8278

Maybe due to then needing three sets pots on the cable?  Talk about a bulky cable...:blink:

post #6173 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post
 

Maybe due to then needing three sets pots on the cable?  Talk about a bulky cable...:blink:



Would it be though?
Heavier yes, but if you 'stacked' them along the cable using the same attenuator control pots it would not appreciably bulk up the cable, just make it slightly weightier.

 

Apologies if I'm misconstruing this entirely..

(Should probably go to sleep..)

post #6174 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutjahjo View Post

I agree.

IMO with some of thr better items that I'm familiar with, I find soundstage biggest with 1plus2/Ref1, follow by ex1000/tpeos h200, and then roxanne/re600/er4s/jh13/uerm, then asg2/tg334/um 3dd. Not that it's soundstage isn't good, but definitely not the aspect that wowed me.

To me, it's unique in the fact it can deliver this soundstage TOGETHER with a thick/full bodied sound.
post #6175 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Phoenix View Post
 



Would it be though?
Heavier yes, but if you 'stacked' them along the cable using the same attenuator control pots it would not appreciably bulk up the cable, just make it slightly weightier.

 

Apologies if I'm misconstruing this entirely..

(Should probably go to sleep..)


There is probably a way to make it less bulky, but if you just extrapolate from what the current one looks like it would be IMHO quite cumbersome.

something like this?

Imagine the tweaking you could do with that...


Edited by bearFNF - 6/19/14 at 7:58pm
post #6176 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Phoenix View Post



Would it be though?
Heavier yes, but if you 'stacked' them along the cable using the same attenuator control pots it would not appreciably bulk up the cable, just make it slightly weightier.

 

Apologies if I'm misconstruing this entirely..

(Should probably go to sleep..)

 



You will need a special kind of pot since you will have to provide 6 separate controls for each channels of low, mids and highs. I imagine the pot will be complicated and bigger than what currently is attached to the bass cable. But Jerry hinted that future iems will have a way to control the level for each bass, mids and high. It might be embedded on the monitor itself.
post #6177 of 8278

Come to think about it, you only need two sets of attenuators.  You can leave mids for example fixed, and just make the bass and treble adjustable. 


Edited by SilverEars - 6/19/14 at 8:01pm
post #6178 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

Come to think about it, you only need two sets of attenuators.  You can leave mids for example fixed, and just make the bass and treble adjustable.  

Unless you needed L/R adjustment for unbalanced ears then you would need all three sets.

post #6179 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post
 


There is probably a way to make it less bulky, but if you just extrapolate from what the current one looks like it would be IMHO quite cumbersome.

something like this?

Imagine the tweaking you could do with that...


Hmm, that is sort of what I was thinking of, just you would have a small amount of cable in between each, so it's still 'rollable / foldable'

post #6180 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Phoenix View Post
 


Hmm, that is sort of what I was thinking of, just you would have a small amount of cable in between each, so it's still 'rollable / foldable'


Or you could make it three sided and have it the same length as the original.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"