Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 405

post #6061 of 6752
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickson View Post


The attenuator is roughly 100 ohm....
If you like your bass level @ 12 o'clock, a 50ohm resistor could be installed within each monitor.

Adjustability would be lost, but it should make reshelling easier.

Ok i got you, you mean fixed the bass like the conventional iems.

post #6062 of 6752

Finally I've got my Roxannes (acrylic). I can confirm odd plastic smell of the cable, but in my case it is not that annoying, at least not yet - it is barely noticeable when wearing them - it may get more annoying if it will persist. They are actually smaller than I expected, judging by the size of demo universals.

 

I'm not 100% sure about the fit yet - right is perfect, left causes some noticeable pressure, but this seems to fade away after few minutes with them in ears, so I suppose no need for refit. Seal is good. It is easy to put them in and much harder to remove, these are my first customs so I suppose this is normal.

 

I opted for translucent wine color expecting dark red wine, in reality it is much lighter. Case is nice and robust, but it will be quickly replaced with much lighter Pelican.

 

It is too early to say something meaningful about SQ, but first impression is that straight out of the box they sounds darker than demo unis.

post #6063 of 6752

Hearing lots of people stating Roxannes being dark, have you guys thought about looking for bright sources to balance it out?  I guess EQ could do that same.  

post #6064 of 6752
JH Roxanne best set Up :
Source : AK 240
Dac / Amp : Chord Hugo
Cable : Sys Concept optical cable 1300 strands can pllay Hi Res music Up
To 24 bit / 192 kHz
Eartips : best eartips for JH Roxanne Sony Hybrid eartips
Bass position : at 9 O clock = 0.00 dB or Max at 10 O clock are My favorite bass position

Note :
JH Roxanne is source revealing , if Your source does not Synergy
SQ is Good Only , if you Find The Synergy Woow pair With JH Roxanne
SQ excellent .
I like bright and detail but not Harsh , The best bass position is at 9 O clock = 0,00 dB and Max at 10 O clock
If to much bass JH Roxanne SQ is Warm .

IMO

post #6065 of 6752

I don't claim they are dark, but that out-of-the-box they are darker than Roxannes Universals Demo units I was trying, not dark on its own. Anyway, I'm not going to write more about how they sound until I have a good mileage with them :basshead:.

post #6066 of 6752
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefu View Post

I don't claim they are dark, but that out-of-the-box they are darker than Roxannes Universals Demo units I was trying, not dark on its own. Anyway, I'm not going to write more about how they sound until I have a good mileage with them basshead.gif .

Woow i feel JH Roxanne universal fit is already Warm to Me , if Custom JH Roxnne darker than The universal JH Roxanne than i pre order wrongly hahaha biggrin.gif
post #6067 of 6752
Congratulation on your Roxanne's Rudi.. It was a long wait I see, but it looks like it was worth it.
post #6068 of 6752
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefu View Post
 

I don't claim they are dark, but that out-of-the-box they are darker than Roxannes Universals Demo units I was trying, not dark on its own. Anyway, I'm not going to write more about how they sound until I have a good mileage with them :basshead:.

 

What is your bass set at? 

 

They usually have it turned all the way up when they ship them out. 

post #6069 of 6752
Quote:
Originally Posted by robm321 View Post
 

 

What is your bass set at? 

 

They usually have it turned all the way up when they ship them out. 

I dialed it down to 0 and then slowly dialed it up. I stopped at 1:30 now - any more than that and mid bass gets overwhelming, may go lower than that later. I don't find the bass levels to influence mids to high ratio, at least not up to my current setting.

post #6070 of 6752
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh600rr View Post

Congratulation on your Roxanne's Rudi.. It was a long wait I see, but it looks like it was worth it.

Thank you
This is not My Custom JH Roxanne In full black Carbon , it is not finish yet from November 2014 biggrin.gif
This is My universal JH Roxanne
post #6071 of 6752
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefu View Post
 

I dialed it down to 0 and then slowly dialed it up. I stopped at 1:30 now - any more than that and mid bass gets overwhelming, may go lower than that later. I don't find the bass levels to influence mids to high ratio, at least not up to my current setting.

 

It is kind of odd that no matter how low the bass is dialed, it still has a "bassy" and somewhat dark presentation. 


Edited by robm321 - 6/16/14 at 10:45am
post #6072 of 6752

Hmm, I have mine on 12'o clock dialed... Listened about 15-20 hours in total.

First impressions are that they are very dependable of the source how they behave...

I have tried them with the X5, AK240 (not long enough) and IOS devices and I must say that the X5 and AK240 sound excellent and not that dark at all, IMO.

 

I am expecting to receive my AK240 this or next week, I am going to give it some extensive listening to come back with better impressions:)

post #6073 of 6752
Finally my CF Roxanne's have arrived, I waited for nearly 7mths, and the wait was worth it.
A big thank you goes out to John @ NS Audiology, Sydney. They did a great job with my impressions, proved to be a well sealed fit. They maintained Roxanne was worth waiting for and I must say he was spot on. These are my first CIEM,s and what a great listening experience. I spent 24hrs on a flight getting to know Roxanne and got to hear my favourite music like I have never heard before. Remarkable. Paired nicely with AK120.
Roxanne's finish was perfect, the cables arrived all in one piece, nuts included! The case is close to perfect. Thank you JHA for producing a work of art.
post #6074 of 6752
The wait might be long and frustrating, but the eventual reward is worth it! Congratulations!
post #6075 of 6752
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanCandel View Post
 

Hmm, I have mine on 12'o clock dialed... Listened about 15-20 hours in total.

First impressions are that they are very dependable of the source how they behave...

I have tried them with the X5, AK240 (not long enough) and IOS devices and I must say that the X5 and AK240 sound excellent and not that dark at all, IMO.

 

I am expecting to receive my AK240 this or next week, I am going to give it some extensive listening to come back with better impressions:)

 

Good to hear it pairs well with X5, I assume you used it straight out of headphone out? I strongly consider it as a more compact and I hope better sounding alternative to my iPod Classic+LittleDotMkI+ combo. I didn't decided yet, if I should replace my LittleDot with a better amp or get X5. I lean towards X5 for better compactness.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"