or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 388

post #5806 of 8321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post
 

It's not something we offer as it was clearly stated where i posted this picture. This is something we put together for someone so that we can get feedback on it, aswell as seeing what we are capable of doing, in this case we integrated the bass dials in to the Kobiconn plug. Roxanne cables will not be offered for sale until the actual connectors are made available, if that should happen.

 

 

Has any feedback been received yet? I really like the idea of the bass dials on the plug like that. Now I've seen it I'm surprised something similar wasn't thought of (like a somewhat larger mini plug) for the production cable...

post #5807 of 8321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuwidol View Post
 

 

 

Has any feedback been received yet? I really like the idea of the bass dials on the plug like that. Now I've seen it I'm surprised something similar wasn't thought of (like a somewhat larger mini plug) for the production cable...

Not yet, hopefully in couple weeks.


Edited by Toxic Cables - 5/26/14 at 4:17pm
post #5808 of 8321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Cables View Post

It's not something we offer as it was clearly stated where i posted this picture. This is something we put together for someone so that we can get feedback on it, aswell as seeing what we are capable of doing, in this case we integrated the bass dials in to the Kobiconn plug. Roxanne cables will not be offered for sale until the actual connectors are made available, if that should happen.
Jerry said it will be released to a cable maker but 6 month over and no news yet. I think it will not released before moon audio ready.

Btw, beautifully done and 4 wire version.
Edited by stvc - 5/26/14 at 5:17pm
post #5809 of 8321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuwidol View Post


Has any feedback been received yet? I really like the idea of the bass dials on the plug like that. Now I've seen it I'm surprised something similar wasn't thought of (like a somewhat larger mini plug) for the production cable...
The heavy cable and fugly controller were two aspects that put me off the Roxanne.
post #5810 of 8321
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post



The heavy cable and fugly controller were two aspects that put me off the Roxanne.

 



Really?? The weight difference on the cable bothered you that much huh.. Yeah it's heavier than the stock cable of a JH16 but it's hardly noticeable. I agree a bit about the bass controller but it doesn't get in the way once you put it on.
post #5811 of 8321
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post



The heavy cable and fugly controller were two aspects that put me off the Roxanne.

 



Really?? The weight difference on the cable bothered you that much huh.. Yeah it's heavier than the stock cable of a JH16 but it's hardly noticeable. I agree a bit about the bass controller but it doesn't get in the way once you put it on.
Well that and the extra cost! Also thought the earpieces were getting a bit large. Personally and this is only an opinion. I think that JH has gone in a strange direction since the 13fp.
post #5812 of 8321
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post

Well that and the extra cost! Also thought the earpieces were getting a bit large. Personally and this is only an opinion. I think that JH has gone in a strange direction since the 13fp.

Lol I'm more inclined to believe it's more of the cost than anything else. You can't fit 12 drivers, crossovers and sound tubes if they maintain the size of the earpiece constant. At least for custom, it's not big a deal. But I'm sure the universal would be a pain. I already have trouble keeping my T-Peos H200 to stay in my ear. Only the TDK BA200 stays put in my ear for a univeral.
post #5813 of 8321
You are right. My budget didn't quite stretch to the Rox.
My dealer put me off. Saying that they were disappointed in them. I don't know much but it strikes me that improved implementation rather than shoving endlessly more drivers in is the way forward.
Edited by krismusic - 5/27/14 at 5:03am
post #5814 of 8321
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG87 View Post

If you really only think that it's a subtle improvement, then all I can say is I pity you. You have psychoacoustically adjusted to what you are used to, and are oblivious to anything that diverges from that.

I have an update on this. So just received my ATH M50's through the post. At first listen I said, these are worse than my HD205 at the very most on par with, if that. What you said about me adjusting my preference is completely correct. After listening for a good 5 minutes to the M50, I put on my HD205, expecting them to be better. The resounding answer was they were much worse. Bare in mind when I went to the demo I didn't bring my headphones with me. Now that I have just done an A/B test it is clear that my brain focuses on all the positives of my old headphone, like a nostalgia.

Even as I am typing this the feeling is coming back again as my brain tells me my older headphones are better, simply because my ears are used to a different sound signature, but as soon as I try them on (has to be immediately after) I realise they are no where near as good. I am sure if I brought my headphones to the demo the JH Roxanne's would have completely & utterly trashed them.

My mind appears to be very unusual and I'm not sure if anyone else has a similar experience. Not very helpful to the discussion but just thought I would forward you my findings. After I get accustomed with the M50s I'm sure my preference will have shifted again, and anything that diverges from them is automatically inferior. I will follow your advice of spending a couple weeks with the Roxanne, I can assure they will sound astonishing.
Edited by Lukalop - 5/27/14 at 6:38am
post #5815 of 8321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukalop View Post


I have an update on this. So just received my ATH M50's through the post. At first listen I said, these are worse than my HD205 at the very most on par with, if that. What you said about me adjusting my preference is completely correct. After listening for a good 5 minutes to the M50, I put on my HD205, expecting them to be better. The resounding answer was they were much worse. Bare in mind when I went to the demo I didn't bring my headphones with me. Now that I have just done an A/B test it is clear that my brain focuses on all the positives of my old headphone, like a nostalgia.

Even as I am typing this the feeling is coming back again as my brain tells me my older headphones are better, simply because my ears are used to a different sound signature, but as soon as I try them on (has to be immediately after) I realise they are no where near as good. I am sure if I brought my headphones to the demo the JH Roxanne's would have completely & utterly trashed them.

My mind appears to be very unusual and I'm not sure if anyone else has a similar experience. Not very helpful to the discussion but just thought I would forward you my findings. After I get accustomed with the M50s I'm sure my preference will have shifted again, and anything that diverges from them is automatically inferior. I will follow your advice of spending a couple weeks with the Roxanne, I can assure they will sound astonishing.

 

That's what you call brain burn in. But as you listen to many gears you will get the idea how the sound differs and you will form your own impressions and preferences which sound you prefer the most. That will be your reference. It's always helpful to describe a headphone against a reference. Things like detail retrieval, bass response, tonal balance/accuracy when described will be always helpful it done against a reference.

post #5816 of 8321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukalop View Post


I have an update on this. So just received my ATH M50's through the post. At first listen I said, these are worse than my HD205 at the very most on par with, if that. What you said about me adjusting my preference is completely correct. After listening for a good 5 minutes to the M50, I put on my HD205, expecting them to be better. The resounding answer was they were much worse. Bare in mind when I went to the demo I didn't bring my headphones with me. Now that I have just done an A/B test it is clear that my brain focuses on all the positives of my old headphone, like a nostalgia.

Even as I am typing this the feeling is coming back again as my brain tells me my older headphones are better, simply because my ears are used to a different sound signature, but as soon as I try them on (has to be immediately after) I realise they are no where near as good. I am sure if I brought my headphones to the demo the JH Roxanne's would have completely & utterly trashed them.

My mind appears to be very unusual and I'm not sure if anyone else has a similar experience. Not very helpful to the discussion but just thought I would forward you my findings. After I get accustomed with the M50s I'm sure my preference will have shifted again, and anything that diverges from them is automatically inferior. I will follow your advice of spending a couple weeks with the Roxanne, I can assure they will sound astonishing.

 

I know I'm correct because I've witnessed this many times myself. Anybody who doesn't understand this concept and would rather believe in other types of burn-in is... well let's just say ignorant.

 

After trying the HD800 the other day for a few minutes my friend said he was not blown away, and that he actually preferred his HD595 (which he's had for like 5 years). I told him he has to spend about a week with the 800 and then go back to the 595 to hear how awful they are in comparison, and his response was that if it was better he shouldn't have to get used to it... I lolled and carried on.

 

Fruit is pretty damn good unless you've had a piece of cake first.

post #5817 of 8321
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG87 View Post

I know I'm correct because I've witnessed this many times myself. Anybody who doesn't understand this concept and would rather believe in other types of burn-in is... well let's just say ignorant.

After trying the HD800 the other day for a few minutes my friend said he was not blown away, and that he actually preferred his HD595 (which he's had for like 5 years). I told him he has to spend about a week with the 800 and then go back to the 595 to hear how awful they are in comparison, and his response was that if it was better he shouldn't have to get used to it... I lolled and carried on.

Fruit is pretty damn good unless you've had a piece of cake first.

Haha, their loss.
post #5818 of 8321
Wait, are you saying headphone burn in doesn't exist?
post #5819 of 8321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukalop View Post

Wait, are you saying headphone burn in doesn't exist?

 

It does exist for dynamic drivers, but not to the extent that some would have you believe, it's usually a barely perceptible change in bass. I've yet to see someone ABX two of the exact same headphones, on burned and one out of the box, and be able to consistently pick out which is which.

post #5820 of 8321
Quote:

 I've yet to see someone ABX two of the exact same headphones, on burned and one out of the box, and be able to consistently pick out which is which.

 

I think Tyll Hertsens from Inner Fidelity did it with headphones... you can google it. Anyway off topic!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"