Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom JH13 Freqphase IEM - do third party remolds affect sound signature? Last post on 1/21/15 at 4:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 5:20 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH13 custom or Roxanne universal? Last post on 12/2/14 at 7:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 36
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Don't know about the Roxanne, but I have a universal and custom version of the UERM. With a perfect fit, the universal version sounds in no way inferiour to the custom version.
NOTE: So hard to replicate on each person's individual ears. I for one have never been able to get the same fit from a universal as a properly fitted custom.
I'm not saying that you're wrong as I don't have that comparison but every universal tip I try on other IEMs seems to have some character. Oops, I see you said equal but not same.
1) I wonder if Jerry will be willing to upgrade owners of the Universal version to full custom?
What I mean is that a Universal pair might be purchased by one person, not be to their taste, and then sold on to someone else who might really like it and thus decide to turn it into a full custom. It might end up costing a bit more that way, but on the flipside, it'd be less risk than going for full custom brand new (although, personally, I'd prefer to take the risk and just buy full custom version brand new from the beginning).
2) Does anyone know if the Universal is 'convert-able' to full custom CIEM form? (not necessarily by Jerry, I'm just asking, in principle)
3) And does anyone know if FreqPhase JH CIEMs can be reshelled by other companies like Fischer, or Unique Melody etc.? I would imagine the answer is yes, since the tubing could simply be lifted and implanted directly into new shells without altering anything.
I'm sure it isn't but the experiment would cost a lot less to resell than a full custom would. In principle it could likely be done by a 3rd party but you lose all the other goodies in buying new. Backing assuredness of correct build, warranty etc and in a piece like this, the price of reshelling is likely close to the losses of reselling so I suspect that we have 2 distinct products that will stay what they are.
As far as i know, Jerry Harvey isn really a believer/fan of reshelling at he believe it damages the drivers and such things like that so he generally doesnt offer that kind of service. I'm sure this will be no exception
Also, saying that reshelling damages the drivers cannot be true as refits can, in some cases, require a reshelling to get the proper fit.
Also im just restating what he said in a video when he introduced freq phase
Edited by Cotnijoe - 11/15/13 at 12:30pm
Either way im not a ciem maker, im just an enthusiast. I will say this once more... Someone asked a question and i simply quoted what jerry harvey stated before on a very similar subject.
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FiiO X5 proposed new functionality: add whole folders to playlist;... 1 minute ago
- › Closed-back equivalents of DT990? 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Impressions and Discussion Thread! 5 minutes ago
- › Need new headphones 5 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 8 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 8 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3