Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs :D Last post on 2/28/15 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH 13 FP VS Roxanne Last post on 2/4/15 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom JH13 Freqphase IEM - do third party remolds affect sound signature? Last post on 1/21/15 at 4:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/26/15
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 36
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Don't know about the Roxanne, but I have a universal and custom version of the UERM. With a perfect fit, the universal version sounds in no way inferiour to the custom version.
NOTE: So hard to replicate on each person's individual ears. I for one have never been able to get the same fit from a universal as a properly fitted custom.
I'm not saying that you're wrong as I don't have that comparison but every universal tip I try on other IEMs seems to have some character. Oops, I see you said equal but not same.
The Universal version is up for "notify when available", with a price tag of $1299 on HeadRoom:
1) I wonder if Jerry will be willing to upgrade owners of the Universal version to full custom?
What I mean is that a Universal pair might be purchased by one person, not be to their taste, and then sold on to someone else who might really like it and thus decide to turn it into a full custom. It might end up costing a bit more that way, but on the flipside, it'd be less risk than going for full custom brand new (although, personally, I'd prefer to take the risk and just buy full custom version brand new from the beginning).
2) Does anyone know if the Universal is 'convert-able' to full custom CIEM form? (not necessarily by Jerry, I'm just asking, in principle)
3) And does anyone know if FreqPhase JH CIEMs can be reshelled by other companies like Fischer, or Unique Melody etc.? I would imagine the answer is yes, since the tubing could simply be lifted and implanted directly into new shells without altering anything.
I'm sure it isn't but the experiment would cost a lot less to resell than a full custom would. In principle it could likely be done by a 3rd party but you lose all the other goodies in buying new. Backing assuredness of correct build, warranty etc and in a piece like this, the price of reshelling is likely close to the losses of reselling so I suspect that we have 2 distinct products that will stay what they are.
As far as i know, Jerry Harvey isn really a believer/fan of reshelling at he believe it damages the drivers and such things like that so he generally doesnt offer that kind of service. I'm sure this will be no exception
Also, saying that reshelling damages the drivers cannot be true as refits can, in some cases, require a reshelling to get the proper fit.
Also im just restating what he said in a video when he introduced freq phase
Edited by Cotnijoe - 11/15/13 at 12:30pm
Either way im not a ciem maker, im just an enthusiast. I will say this once more... Someone asked a question and i simply quoted what jerry harvey stated before on a very similar subject.
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 second ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 9 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 29 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 1 minute ago
- › cables are placebo 4 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-10 5 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)