Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH13 custom or Roxanne universal? Last post on Today at 5:55 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: CIEMs Last post on 11/13/14 at 8:37am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Is a new ear impression required for every custom IEM I buy? Last post on 5/7/14 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
When Blue Microphones (started in California in 1995) announced the Mo-Fi, I was immediately intrigued. Here was a well-respected and highly regarded microphone manufacturer with...
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 36
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Don't know about the Roxanne, but I have a universal and custom version of the UERM. With a perfect fit, the universal version sounds in no way inferiour to the custom version.
NOTE: So hard to replicate on each person's individual ears. I for one have never been able to get the same fit from a universal as a properly fitted custom.
I'm not saying that you're wrong as I don't have that comparison but every universal tip I try on other IEMs seems to have some character. Oops, I see you said equal but not same.
1) I wonder if Jerry will be willing to upgrade owners of the Universal version to full custom?
What I mean is that a Universal pair might be purchased by one person, not be to their taste, and then sold on to someone else who might really like it and thus decide to turn it into a full custom. It might end up costing a bit more that way, but on the flipside, it'd be less risk than going for full custom brand new (although, personally, I'd prefer to take the risk and just buy full custom version brand new from the beginning).
2) Does anyone know if the Universal is 'convert-able' to full custom CIEM form? (not necessarily by Jerry, I'm just asking, in principle)
3) And does anyone know if FreqPhase JH CIEMs can be reshelled by other companies like Fischer, or Unique Melody etc.? I would imagine the answer is yes, since the tubing could simply be lifted and implanted directly into new shells without altering anything.
I'm sure it isn't but the experiment would cost a lot less to resell than a full custom would. In principle it could likely be done by a 3rd party but you lose all the other goodies in buying new. Backing assuredness of correct build, warranty etc and in a piece like this, the price of reshelling is likely close to the losses of reselling so I suspect that we have 2 distinct products that will stay what they are.
As far as i know, Jerry Harvey isn really a believer/fan of reshelling at he believe it damages the drivers and such things like that so he generally doesnt offer that kind of service. I'm sure this will be no exception
Also, saying that reshelling damages the drivers cannot be true as refits can, in some cases, require a reshelling to get the proper fit.
Also im just restating what he said in a video when he introduced freq phase
Edited by Cotnijoe - 11/15/13 at 12:30pm
Either way im not a ciem maker, im just an enthusiast. I will say this once more... Someone asked a question and i simply quoted what jerry harvey stated before on a very similar subject.
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Trafomatic Experience Head One 24 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 52 seconds ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 58 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › Recommend me some in ears (easy to get to Canada...) 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 6 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)