Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is a new ear impression required for every custom IEM I buy? Last post on 5/7/14 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which CIEM is the most realistic and accurate with most details(most revealing)? Last post on 6/21/14 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Aftermarket cable for JH Roxanne? Last post on 4/7/14 at 1:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 36
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Don't know about the Roxanne, but I have a universal and custom version of the UERM. With a perfect fit, the universal version sounds in no way inferiour to the custom version.
NOTE: So hard to replicate on each person's individual ears. I for one have never been able to get the same fit from a universal as a properly fitted custom.
I'm not saying that you're wrong as I don't have that comparison but every universal tip I try on other IEMs seems to have some character. Oops, I see you said equal but not same.
1) I wonder if Jerry will be willing to upgrade owners of the Universal version to full custom?
What I mean is that a Universal pair might be purchased by one person, not be to their taste, and then sold on to someone else who might really like it and thus decide to turn it into a full custom. It might end up costing a bit more that way, but on the flipside, it'd be less risk than going for full custom brand new (although, personally, I'd prefer to take the risk and just buy full custom version brand new from the beginning).
2) Does anyone know if the Universal is 'convert-able' to full custom CIEM form? (not necessarily by Jerry, I'm just asking, in principle)
3) And does anyone know if FreqPhase JH CIEMs can be reshelled by other companies like Fischer, or Unique Melody etc.? I would imagine the answer is yes, since the tubing could simply be lifted and implanted directly into new shells without altering anything.
I'm sure it isn't but the experiment would cost a lot less to resell than a full custom would. In principle it could likely be done by a 3rd party but you lose all the other goodies in buying new. Backing assuredness of correct build, warranty etc and in a piece like this, the price of reshelling is likely close to the losses of reselling so I suspect that we have 2 distinct products that will stay what they are.
As far as i know, Jerry Harvey isn really a believer/fan of reshelling at he believe it damages the drivers and such things like that so he generally doesnt offer that kind of service. I'm sure this will be no exception
Also, saying that reshelling damages the drivers cannot be true as refits can, in some cases, require a reshelling to get the proper fit.
Also im just restating what he said in a video when he introduced freq phase
Edited by Cotnijoe - 11/15/13 at 12:30pm
Either way im not a ciem maker, im just an enthusiast. I will say this once more... Someone asked a question and i simply quoted what jerry harvey stated before on a very similar subject.
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 47 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Amp for DT990 250ohm 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › Moon Audio Silver Dragon V1 IEM Headphone Cable, never used [UK, EU] 3 minutes ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 3 minutes ago
- › PRESS RELEASE: Sennheiser at IFA 2014 - The Future of Audio 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)