Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs :D Last post on 2/28/15 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH 13 FP VS Roxanne Last post on 2/4/15 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom JH13 Freqphase IEM - do third party remolds affect sound signature? Last post on 1/21/15 at 4:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
Introduction: One of my favorite parts of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
I have to say I was very impressed with this little beauty. For my 63 yr. young ears after being subjected to some of the most ferocious live hard rock and heavy metal it really does justice to...
Setup I got my pair on sale for $150 USD. I have had a few lower end AKG headphones and have never been disappointed with the value and sound signature they offered. It's been a long time...
This is my first review. Honestly I am quite new to head-fi although I have tried and bought and sold a lot of headphones and earphones lately. I bought a pair of MA750 a week ago for 108USD in...
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 36
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Don't know about the Roxanne, but I have a universal and custom version of the UERM. With a perfect fit, the universal version sounds in no way inferiour to the custom version.
NOTE: So hard to replicate on each person's individual ears. I for one have never been able to get the same fit from a universal as a properly fitted custom.
I'm not saying that you're wrong as I don't have that comparison but every universal tip I try on other IEMs seems to have some character. Oops, I see you said equal but not same.
The Universal version is up for "notify when available", with a price tag of $1299 on HeadRoom:
1) I wonder if Jerry will be willing to upgrade owners of the Universal version to full custom?
What I mean is that a Universal pair might be purchased by one person, not be to their taste, and then sold on to someone else who might really like it and thus decide to turn it into a full custom. It might end up costing a bit more that way, but on the flipside, it'd be less risk than going for full custom brand new (although, personally, I'd prefer to take the risk and just buy full custom version brand new from the beginning).
2) Does anyone know if the Universal is 'convert-able' to full custom CIEM form? (not necessarily by Jerry, I'm just asking, in principle)
3) And does anyone know if FreqPhase JH CIEMs can be reshelled by other companies like Fischer, or Unique Melody etc.? I would imagine the answer is yes, since the tubing could simply be lifted and implanted directly into new shells without altering anything.
I'm sure it isn't but the experiment would cost a lot less to resell than a full custom would. In principle it could likely be done by a 3rd party but you lose all the other goodies in buying new. Backing assuredness of correct build, warranty etc and in a piece like this, the price of reshelling is likely close to the losses of reselling so I suspect that we have 2 distinct products that will stay what they are.
As far as i know, Jerry Harvey isn really a believer/fan of reshelling at he believe it damages the drivers and such things like that so he generally doesnt offer that kind of service. I'm sure this will be no exception
Also, saying that reshelling damages the drivers cannot be true as refits can, in some cases, require a reshelling to get the proper fit.
Also im just restating what he said in a video when he introduced freq phase
Edited by Cotnijoe - 11/15/13 at 12:30pm
Either way im not a ciem maker, im just an enthusiast. I will say this once more... Someone asked a question and i simply quoted what jerry harvey stated before on a very similar subject.
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 22 seconds ago
- › Vape-Fi 3 minutes ago
- › Phonak Audeo (PFE) Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy Skullcrushers---REAL Subwoofers??? 6 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 9 minutes ago
- › New Sennheiser Momentum 2.0, On-ear, Samsung. Price reduced! 10 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 10 minutes ago
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2