Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 341

post #5101 of 7121
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeau View Post
 

 

Sorry to hear that - this is the first case of clear nuts breaking reported on this thread.  Has anyone else had issues?

 

JH's stance is there is no problem w/ the clear cables, that's why everyone was getting clear cables until they had aluminum nuts for the black cables.

 

So if you order a black cable today, you will get one w/ an aluminum nut.  Clear cable, you will still get a plastic nut.

 

I have had the clear cable for 2 months now and the nuts are still perfectly intact.

post #5102 of 7121

Same here. 

post #5103 of 7121
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

 

I have had the clear cable for 2 months now and the nuts are still perfectly intact.

 

Yeah, me too.  I even took a pipe wrench to them.  

 

(ok, I lied, but I did screw them on and off several times and they did not cower in fear)

post #5104 of 7121
I'm still waiting for my Roxanne to ship, so I can take my nuts out for a test drive.
post #5105 of 7121

I've not read any recent impressions of the SQ from new owners.  If anyone has had the Parterre's, would these be a significant upgrade or just a different sound signature?  Thanks!

post #5106 of 7121
Hello all, I've had mine with clear cable for 6 weeks I've only taken one nut off one time, they are fine. Also my cable is not turning green yet. Other then a small bubble (clear acrylic) in my left ear piece, that I didn't even see until reviewing pics on my laptop that I took with my DSLR and macro lens under good light, everything else is perfect. Fit was pretty snug at first now they fit great. They sound fantastic. I ordered on 1/13 got them on 3/5. For all you CF guys that are still waiting, I would be flipping out I sure feel for you, but they sure do sound good.
Timothy
post #5107 of 7121
Quote:
Originally Posted by koicafex View Post

it's back to the nuts breaking stuff again eh hahaha
how's the refit? good?
My is 1st batch, perhaps it had this issue only for 1st batch. Fitting is better but need some more time to used to it hope no 2nd refit required.
post #5108 of 7121
post #5109 of 7121
Quote:

Nice presentation with a ton of good information. I wish someone would have asked some specific questions regarding the production issues/delays of the Roxanne.
post #5110 of 7121
Has anyone terminated their Roxanne cable to a balanced connection?
post #5111 of 7121

Spent an hour today with the universal roxannes and my new X5.

Sound was just sensational and the bass sublime. I really really liked the sound signature. Also they fitted very snugly and i got a perfect seal so would happily settle for the uni's rather than go through the current custom grief.

 

listening to my fave techno/bigbeat track (Underworld's - Pearls Girl) was just out of this world. An experience i wont forget in a while


if they were available to buy immediately i would have bought a pair there and then. 
 

does anyone have any definitive eta's on the universals ? 

 

 

post #5112 of 7121
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedphonz View Post
 

Spent an hour today with the universal roxannes and my new X5.

Sound was just sensational and the bass sublime. I really really liked the sound signature. Also they fitted very snugly and i got a perfect seal so would happily settle for the uni's rather than go through the current custom grief.

 

listening to my fave techno/bigbeat track (Underworld's - Pearls Girl) was just out of this world. An experience i wont forget in a while


if they were available to buy immediately i would have bought a pair there and then. 
 

does anyone have any definitive eta's on the universals ? 

 

 

I dont have an ETA but I ordered mine through Moon Audio and Drew really made sure that JH delivered them on time and replied my emails constantly concerning their statuses. 

post #5113 of 7121
Quote:

I find it interesting that he thinks flat frequency response is 'boring,' which I am perplexed over this statement. Why do most people associate neutral with being dull and not vibrant. The way I see it, with a neutral response you get out what you put in. If the recording is bassy or trebley, then this will be replicated through the speakers. I do not understand why it is necessary to alter a frequency response in order to 'liven' up the sound. If the recording is dull, then it should sound dull and vice versa. Anyone care to shed some light on this?
post #5114 of 7121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukalop View Post


I find it interesting that he thinks flat frequency response is 'boring,' which I am perplexed over this statement. Why do most people associate neutral with being dull and not vibrant. The way I see it, with a neutral response you get out what you put in. If the recording is bassy or trebley, then this will be replicated through the speakers. I do not understand why it is necessary to alter a frequency response in order to 'liven' up the sound. If the recording is dull, then it should sound dull and vice versa. Anyone care to shed some light on this?

 

There is no one recording standard. Plus, I think you have to compensate for your speakers (earphones, headphones, etc.) being different than the many types of monitors used in many different studios.

post #5115 of 7121
I was told mine is tentatively due on late June. Really frustrating!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"