Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 330

post #4936 of 6974

its all about the length of tubes from ba's to exit of shell. the only thing i see on freg phase is one tube is longer than the rest as i think its the highs ba that has longer tube.

inearz did an excellent job reshelling mine and i took pictures of tubes before i sent and they came back same lengths

post #4937 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post


Of course tube lengths can vary but then the BAs (or group of BAs) can be moved within the new shell to compensate.

 

Sure.  But the universal is going to have a relatively shallow insertion, I would think (esp. what FP is supposed to achieve) that the universal would be tuned differently from the custom to take this into account.  

post #4938 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeau View Post

Sure.  But the universal is going to have a relatively shallow insertion, I would think (esp. what FP is supposed to achieve) that the universal would be tuned differently from the custom to take this into account.  

I would not think the tuning would be changed with the universal as freq phase has to do with timing not the sound itself.
post #4939 of 6974

I'm not understanding. Is someone gong to actually buy a universal Roxanne and have it reshelled? Or does someone already have a universal Roxanne and want to reshell it? Why not just sell the universal (easily getting what you paid) and buy a custom Roxanne?

post #4940 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post

I would not think the tuning would be changed with the universal as freq phase has to do with timing not the sound itself.

 

By tuning I meant freq-phase itself - what is maximally phase coherent at one insertion depth may be different at another due to the proximity to the eardrum and volume of the ear canal.

 

This may be minimal and JH makes no distinction between the universal and custom, but due to their stated precision I wouldn't be surprised if they had two different tunings (ie. length of tubing on each is different).


Edited by bobeau - 4/6/14 at 1:36pm
post #4941 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeau View Post

By tuning I meant freq-phase itself - what is maximally phase coherent at one insertion depth may be different at another due to the proximity to the eardrum and volume of the ear canal.

This may be minimal and JH makes no distinction between the universal and custom, but due to their stated precision I wouldn't be surprised if they had two different tunings (ie. length of tubing on each is different).

Maybe so but even with customs the distance and in ear architecture is not taken into consideration beyond the shape of the ear canal up to the second bend.

Edit: also if we follow your logic, freq phase would be impossible on a universal because JH has no idea how deep the individual user will insert his Roxanne.
Edited by spook76 - 4/6/14 at 2:03pm
post #4942 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by spook76 View Post


Maybe so but even with customs the distance and in ear architecture is not taken into consideration beyond the shape of the ear canal up to the second bend.

Edit: also if we follow your logic, freq phase would be impossible on a universal because JH has no idea how deep the individual user will insert his Roxanne.

 

Not impossible, just not as good/less precise.  Not that this confirms anything, but I spent time w/ comparing the demos vs. my customs at the LA show and the demos were warmer/less detailed to my ears.

 

In any, just throwing this out there as a way that re-shelling a uni -> CIEM might not be quite the same as CIEM -> CIEM.  

post #4943 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeau View Post

Not impossible, just not as good/less precise.  Not that this confirms anything, but I spent time w/ comparing the demos vs. my customs at the LA show and the demos were warmer/less detailed to my ears.

In any, just throwing this out there as a way that re-shelling a uni -> CIEM might not be quite the same as CIEM -> CIEM.  

I would agree UIEM->CIEM something maybe lost.
post #4944 of 6974
And so starts another week.
post #4945 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfBakedPotato View Post

And so starts another week.

You should call them today... you have waited long enough :)

post #4946 of 6974

i think its time i should give them a call, i can understand the wait on the BF Roxanne CF Customs, but not on the pre-order universals that was placed way before BF!

post #4947 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by techadd View Post

i think its time i should give them a call, i can understand the wait on the BF Roxanne CF Customs, but not on the pre-order universals that was placed way before BF!

Custom, not universal.
post #4948 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfBakedPotato View Post

And so starts another week.

I just called and talked to Corbyn. She said my Rox should be shipping at the end of the week or early next week. I'm early Nov, full CF, order number 11601.

The last time I called in and talked to Angie, she said mine were already in production and it was too late to get out of CF....that was one calendar month ago. For those trying to figure out timing, it looks like approximately 35 days production time (not business days, calendar days).
post #4949 of 6974

guess i'll be getting mine around june/july ==ll

i ordered during mook...

damn what am i suppose to listen for 2months?!?

2hrs noisy trip everyday

post #4950 of 6974
Quote:
Originally Posted by koicafex View Post

guess i'll be getting mine around june/july ==ll
i ordered during mook...
damn what am i suppose to listen for 2months?!?
2hrs noisy trip everyday

I have some apple ear buds available if you like. smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"