- 4,091 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs :D Last post on 2/28/15 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH 13 FP VS Roxanne Last post on 10/21/15 at 3:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom JH13 Freqphase IEM - do third party remolds affect sound signature? Last post on 1/21/15 at 4:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Introduction Sennheiser HD800S is the successor to HD800 - one of the greatest headphones ever made. HD800 was the first headphone to actually WOW me hard with their soundscape kind of...
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Acknowledgment This review unit was provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion by Penon Audio. This review was originally published here. Introduction I’m a regular watcher and poster on...
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 308
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
What you ask for is not impossible for you
But it is for someone to recommend
As the most neutral I me I have heard is the jh13
It is for me a true reference IEM.
How ever before you finishing reading this
Others will be here to give you there's.
And that is fine too.
There is two
People on here that I have learned much from
One is the joker and the other is avg joe
They both have multi IEM reviews in a chart
That is extremely helpful to view and read.
The other answer is fun means colored
It's just a discription used. Perhaps the Roxanne is fun
As opposed to the jh13 being the other side of things
Now this is my view and others will say something
Else. And that is ok. Read the multi reviews
Of the two I recommended
It will put things in perspective for you. Why cause
No open debate will occur as in this thread and only fuel your confusion
Wow Al, you're a poet.
Nope, Neutral means able to reproduce the intent of the recording engineers as close as possible. Anything else is a distortion of that intent. The best rigs i have ever heard are neutral.
Right - as a common example from the pro audio world, the Yamaha NS-10 is both highly analytical (ie. detailed, demonstrates flaws in the recording) yet at the same time far from neutral, being super bright with little low-end.
They were so common that they're certainly a 'reference' monitor, but at the same time those who weren't experienced using them can create mixes that are dull on the top-end, esp. so on consumer grade equipment.
Edited by bobeau - 3/24/14 at 8:00pm
Just send the monitors without cable in protective case with reliable carrier (Fedex or UPS) with signature requirement. And include that application form with it. When, if you want it to be done faster, just keep calling them and ask for the work status. My refit was done in 4 days + shipping time.
Exactly. I want to listen to the music exactly as was intended.
For me the way that I think of it is with screens. There are many different typed of screen, rannging from TFT to LCD & LED. With TFT it is arguably the worst of all three listed to use as a screen, it doesn't have good colour saturation resembling how a headphone colours the sound and the viewing angles are very limited, which resembles how a headphone can have a weak soundstage (in this case head stage). Also the refresh rate of a screen would represent the speed of an IEM. The pixel density representing the resolution. With a higher refresh rate the detail in between the frames is captured because there are a higher number of frames revealing any alteration in image, the same way a BA driver can reverberate quickly to pick up on any detail that is lost. In the same way that a screen can have varying pixel density as does a sensitive speaker, meaning that it can pick up on all the little details giving more body to the sound.
It makes sense to have a true accurate display such as an LCD/LED instead of an AMOLED because an LED reproduces accurate colour saturation and contrast whilst not exaggerating anything as is typically the case with AMOLED. The LED is 'neutral,' in that it does not exaggerate the colour, more specifically a particular cover over others. As is a speaker that does not exaggerate any particular frequencies. In summary, I am looking for the best LED screen with 178 degrees viewing angle, 120Hz, 440 PPI (pixels per inch) and accurate colour reproduction.
I am searching for the equivalent in terms of headphone (IEM).
Looks like ALO is selling the universals for $1599. From the pics, it seems that the ones they are selling are the Carbon Fiber Roxannes, which I think is in line with previously reported pricing for universals and the new upchage for the CF.
Of course if it is the normal non-CF Universal Roxannes, they are either marking things up, or JH has decided to change the Universal pricing.
No - they pay to ship back to you, but you have to pay to ship to them which isn't cheap when insuring $1,600s worth. But its fair, shipping is shared equally.
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 18 seconds ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 29 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 57 seconds ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Delta & JVC FXZ200 for sale (trades welcome) - Price... 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear