- 5,147 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Buying in Bangkok. Where? Last post on 2/18/14 at 9:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Worth saving for JH13/16 instead of buying P7/NAD HP50? Last post on 1/19/14 at 9:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- High End CIEM/IEM Thread! Last post on Today at 6:12 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Vision Ear stage 2 VS Vision Ear stage 3 Last post on 11/18/13 at 5:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 255post #3811 of 42702/18/14 at 9:40amOn a more serious note, they accept order cancelation.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3812 of 42702/18/14 at 9:56ampost #3813 of 42702/18/14 at 12:51pmpost #3814 of 42702/18/14 at 5:58pmpost #3815 of 42702/18/14 at 9:05pm
No I did not and will not cancel. I really want these and have not waited all this time to cancel. Here is a copy of an email from Angie:
Please do accept our sincerest apologies. Our team is working very hard to get you the most beautiful sounding IEM on the planet. With that being said, ALL Roxanne orders were ordered as a pre-order with no promised ship date. The process to make one of the carbon fiber IEM's is far more time and labor intensive. We make the carbon fiber first, then have to pour the shell. Each step is intricately handcrafted. We have hired additional team members to help us improve production.
Please understand that we only want our customer's happiness but at this time are doing our absolute best to make all these pre-orders and get them shipped. If you wish to cancel your order, we completely understand. Because of the incredible amount of time it takes to make these, the price has gone up for carbon fiber to $500. "
Maybe she means they would understand...but still refusepost #3816 of 42702/18/14 at 11:20pm
I wonder If you order something from the US and you live in Europe, which consumer laws applies?
But If they can't even provide an ETA I doubt they could refuse a refund.
Edited by zenpunk - 2/19/14 at 10:56ampost #3817 of 42702/19/14 at 9:36ampost #3818 of 42702/19/14 at 5:01pmHas anyone ordered the universal version? Also, how far does the low frequency extend and does the variable bass change the low frequency in more of a steep curve at a certain frequency or more of a broad curve?post #3819 of 42702/19/14 at 5:20pmQuote:
I ordered the universal version from a dealer on 12/22/2013 and have not received them. They won't respond to my e-mails.
I don't think anyone has received a universal version unless people are getting them and they're not on Head-Fi. But I doubt it.post #3820 of 42702/19/14 at 5:44pmQuote:
If JH Audio was aware they were shipping to the EU which ever consumer law is more favorable to the consumer would apply.
Once a manufacturer puts a product into the "stream of commerce" they are subject to both the laws of where they (the manufacturer) are located as well as the destination of the end user as long as they have knowledge of such location.post #3821 of 42702/19/14 at 7:25pm
For those of you who own a roxanne and a jds labs C5... have you done any detail/clarity comparisons between the roxanne with the bass dialed to the max, and the c5 with the bass eq on? Are they similar? I've got the jh16 pro and am on the fence about the roxanne. Basically, if the roxanne's bass can match the jds labs c5, while at the same time being less muddy then I am sold.post #3822 of 42702/19/14 at 8:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by chengsta
For those of you who own a roxanne and a jds labs C5... have you done any detail/clarity comparisons between the roxanne with the bass dialed to the max, and the c5 with the bass eq on? Are they similar? I've got the jh16 pro and am on the fence about the roxanne. Basically, if the roxanne's bass can match the jds labs c5, while at the same time being less muddy then I am sold.
For me Roxanne at max bass setting is too much boom and thump but still maintain a decent amount of clarity whic I don't think gets muddy. I have a C5D and I don't think I want to try it with the bass boost at max and Roxanne's bass at max as well. I'm still running Roxanne on it's paces with UHA-6SMKII. I'll do some quick comparison with the amps I have this weekend.post #3823 of 42702/19/14 at 9:15pm
Actually, I don't want to combine the roxanne and the c5, because even though I'm a bass head, that would probably be too much even for me. I wanted to just use the roxannes by itself basically because I'd like to not use an amp but I want the roxannes bass to be at least as powerful as the c5's. Looking forward to your comparisons!post #3824 of 42702/20/14 at 6:08ampost #3825 of 42702/20/14 at 12:43pmQuote:
Brave soul!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- JH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear MonitorsNo reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Q701 appreciation thread 42 seconds ago
- › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!! 48 seconds ago
- › Schiit Modi and/or Schiit Vali for sale 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi and/or Schiit Vali for sale 4 minutes ago
- › Need reccomendations on best portable speaker setup, to go with ODAC. 4 minutes ago
- › Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!! 5 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 5 minutes ago
- › "Best" Closed Over the Ear headphones for office and amp... 5 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude