- 5,336 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Aftermarket cable for JH Roxanne? Last post on 4/7/14 at 1:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need advice: noble K10 vs JH roxanne Last post on 4/10/14 at 5:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Buying in Bangkok. Where? Last post on 3/28/14 at 3:54pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Worth saving for JH13/16 instead of buying P7/NAD HP50? Last post on 1/19/14 at 9:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 255post #3811 of 51062/18/14 at 9:40amOn a more serious note, they accept order cancelation.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3812 of 51062/18/14 at 9:56ampost #3813 of 51062/18/14 at 12:51pmpost #3814 of 51062/18/14 at 5:58pmpost #3815 of 51062/18/14 at 9:05pm
No I did not and will not cancel. I really want these and have not waited all this time to cancel. Here is a copy of an email from Angie:
Please do accept our sincerest apologies. Our team is working very hard to get you the most beautiful sounding IEM on the planet. With that being said, ALL Roxanne orders were ordered as a pre-order with no promised ship date. The process to make one of the carbon fiber IEM's is far more time and labor intensive. We make the carbon fiber first, then have to pour the shell. Each step is intricately handcrafted. We have hired additional team members to help us improve production.
Please understand that we only want our customer's happiness but at this time are doing our absolute best to make all these pre-orders and get them shipped. If you wish to cancel your order, we completely understand. Because of the incredible amount of time it takes to make these, the price has gone up for carbon fiber to $500. "
Maybe she means they would understand...but still refusepost #3816 of 51062/18/14 at 11:20pm
I wonder If you order something from the US and you live in Europe, which consumer laws applies?
But If they can't even provide an ETA I doubt they could refuse a refund.
Edited by zenpunk - 2/19/14 at 10:56ampost #3817 of 51062/19/14 at 9:36ampost #3818 of 51062/19/14 at 5:01pmHas anyone ordered the universal version? Also, how far does the low frequency extend and does the variable bass change the low frequency in more of a steep curve at a certain frequency or more of a broad curve?post #3819 of 51062/19/14 at 5:20pmQuote:
I ordered the universal version from a dealer on 12/22/2013 and have not received them. They won't respond to my e-mails.
I don't think anyone has received a universal version unless people are getting them and they're not on Head-Fi. But I doubt it.post #3820 of 51062/19/14 at 5:44pmQuote:
If JH Audio was aware they were shipping to the EU which ever consumer law is more favorable to the consumer would apply.
Once a manufacturer puts a product into the "stream of commerce" they are subject to both the laws of where they (the manufacturer) are located as well as the destination of the end user as long as they have knowledge of such location.post #3821 of 51062/19/14 at 7:25pm
For those of you who own a roxanne and a jds labs C5... have you done any detail/clarity comparisons between the roxanne with the bass dialed to the max, and the c5 with the bass eq on? Are they similar? I've got the jh16 pro and am on the fence about the roxanne. Basically, if the roxanne's bass can match the jds labs c5, while at the same time being less muddy then I am sold.post #3822 of 51062/19/14 at 8:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by chengsta
For those of you who own a roxanne and a jds labs C5... have you done any detail/clarity comparisons between the roxanne with the bass dialed to the max, and the c5 with the bass eq on? Are they similar? I've got the jh16 pro and am on the fence about the roxanne. Basically, if the roxanne's bass can match the jds labs c5, while at the same time being less muddy then I am sold.
For me Roxanne at max bass setting is too much boom and thump but still maintain a decent amount of clarity whic I don't think gets muddy. I have a C5D and I don't think I want to try it with the bass boost at max and Roxanne's bass at max as well. I'm still running Roxanne on it's paces with UHA-6SMKII. I'll do some quick comparison with the amps I have this weekend.post #3823 of 51062/19/14 at 9:15pm
Actually, I don't want to combine the roxanne and the c5, because even though I'm a bass head, that would probably be too much even for me. I wanted to just use the roxannes by itself basically because I'd like to not use an amp but I want the roxannes bass to be at least as powerful as the c5's. Looking forward to your comparisons!post #3824 of 51062/20/14 at 6:08ampost #3825 of 51062/20/14 at 12:43pmQuote:
Brave soul!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 9 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 37 seconds ago
- › ROCK-HARD CANADIAN MAPLE HEADPHONES 57 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's DSD-capable PHA-2 portable headphone amp/DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › Best open 'overear' headphone (nevermind the price) 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Wadia 170i Transport and CI Audio power supply 6 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob