or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 253

post #3781 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

I just got hold of my Roxanne. I was delivered last Monday but I was out of town. I am still suffering the effects of a jet lag and I need to crank up the volume a bit higher than usual to get to a good listen level.

I'll take Roxanne for the usual burn in before any serious comparison. My initial impression so far is the sound overall has much more weight than JH16. Cranking up the bass all the way to maximum is too much. Far more than the bass I remember from the demo I tried before. So far I like the bass settings from 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock.

For now here are the pics.






How's the original storage can? No issues fitting everything? Is the lid screw on or just push on ?

Thanks
post #3782 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcichocki View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post

I just got hold of my Roxanne. I was delivered last Monday but I was out of town. I am still suffering the effects of a jet lag and I need to crank up the volume a bit higher than usual to get to a good listen level.

I'll take Roxanne for the usual burn in before any serious comparison. My initial impression so far is the sound overall has much more weight than JH16. Cranking up the bass all the way to maximum is too much. Far more than the bass I remember from the demo I tried before. So far I like the bass settings from 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock.

For now here are the pics.






How's the original storage can? No issues fitting everything? Is the lid screw on or just push on ?

Thanks


I didn't go for the CF case. Who knows when JH can finish it. I got a perfect fit so far. That is just the regular screw on metal case which is perfectly fine for Roxanne. I only need to insert both monitors in my ears and instantly a perfect seal and comfort. Unlike my JH16, I still have to stretch my ear after the initial insert so it firmly wraps around the monitors to create a perfect seal.

 

I suppose the slightly bigger volume of the Roxanne helps with the easy fit/seal.

post #3783 of 8278

gratz HW.

 

regarding the fit, lolz I got the same experience too. The Rox is so easy to fit in I thought I haven't push in enough that I keep "PRESSing IT IN"

 

 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 


I didn't go for the CF case. Who knows when JH can finish it. I got a perfect fit so far. That is just the regular screw on metal case which is perfectly fine for Roxanne. I only need to insert both monitors in my ears and instantly a perfect seal and comfort. Unlike my JH16, I still have to stretch my ear after the initial insert so it firmly wraps around the monitors to create a perfect seal.

 

I suppose the slightly bigger volume of the Roxanne helps with the easy fit/seal.

post #3784 of 8278

At long last, I finally broke down and called JH Audio (and spoke to Corbyn).  She couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful.  I was told I have approximately 15 people ahead of me.  They still would not speculate or estimate ship dates.  I said 1 week?  3 weeks?  2 months?  And she said, we just don't know.

 

I am early Nov, all CF, #11601.

 

She said the nuts are still a problem.  Both primary and secondary batches have the same pipe wrench problems.  She said NO problems have been encountered with clear cable.  The new aluminum nuts are estimated to arrive mid to end of March.  They will be replacing all defective cables.  They are NOT delaying shipping to wait for aluminum nuts.  Roxanne's are going out ASAP.

 

Hope this helps.

post #3785 of 8278
I have posted my number mid October
And I think it was 11315 so this makes no sense
As for time frame.
Just saying.
Al
post #3786 of 8278

Al,

  The only thing I can think is that you are in front of jlcichocki but just barely.....  it would be nice to have at least some frame of reference to time frame per unit......  

post #3787 of 8278

That doesn't sound good! I would have at least expected her to deny it would take as long as two months but it look like it could well be longer. :rolleyes:

post #3788 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

I have posted my number mid October
And I think it was 11315 so this makes no sense
As for time frame.
Just saying.
Al

I don't think they isolate various products by order number.  I mean, all products no matter what kind gets a sequential order number.  Between when you ordered (11315) and when I ordered (11601), roughly 300 things were ordered.

 

So, by what I heard today your Roxanne's are within the next 15 to go out the door.  She said I had roughly 15 ahead of me.  It doesn't say much for when you will get them exactly but there aren't many ahead of you.

post #3789 of 8278
Who knows. It's a long road. But it will be worth the wait. Maybe this week. It's my birthday in a couple of days. I'll be 27. Lol

Al
post #3790 of 8278

Corbyn just told me my pair with the CF case has been shipped! I ordered CF during BF and changed my order to acrylic in mid Jan. Fingers crossed for no refits!

post #3791 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRAINBOW View Post

Who knows. It's a long road. But it will be worth the wait. Maybe this week. It's my birthday in a couple of days. I'll be 27. Lol

Al

Happy Birthday early.  I hope you get confirmation of your order shortly.

post #3792 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainykchan View Post
 

Corbyn just told me my pair with the CF case has been shipped! I ordered CF during BF and changed my order to acrylic in mid Jan. Fingers crossed for no refits!

Raniychan,

  What was your order number?  

post #3793 of 8278
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlholden View Post
 

Raniychan,

  What was your order number?  

1192x, good luck to you all waiting!

post #3794 of 8278
It's funny when I ordered them I was hopefully for Christmas. And now I am hopeful for my birthday. Next we have Easter. LMAO.
And thanks for the birthday wishes
Al.
post #3795 of 8278

Thanks Rainykchan.  It is nice to know that your's is on it's way.  I have to admit it is nice to know that your invoice number was only 10 or so before mine....so that is hopeful.

 

As for you Al, it is a bummer to still be waiting and having the Acrylics moving out the door.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"