- 178 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs :D Last post on 2/28/15 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH 13 FP VS Roxanne Last post on 2/4/15 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom JH13 Freqphase IEM - do third party remolds affect sound signature? Last post on 1/21/15 at 4:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 242
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Ironically, a piece of art you cannot see when you are wearing them - unless you keep looking at yourself in the mirror, which would be a bit mental. And nobody else will appreciate them, they'll just think you're wearing weird hearing aids. And you can't explain to them, especially not the price, because that will make you seem even more insane.
So I never understood the point of all these silly designs on customs - what's the point?
Agree, and as I mentioned sometime back after several years when your ear change much that you need to refit that piece of art will have to be broken apart and remolded. Anything other than SQ-related, socket and cable improvement is just pointless. Acrylic has already proven it is more than capable material for ciem purpose. CF doesn't provide justifiable/tangible improvement over acrylic except in your mind.
Update on my impression. When i first listen to my Roxanne, it's with ipod direct with compress 256k file and I notice very prominent rolloff high. Thus, I wipe off my ipod with fresh uncompress AIFF file, connect to CLAS DB, and ALO mk3, now high is airy and sparkle once again. On top, I can hear not just the music, but sense the ambiance of the recording. Depth of the recording is much more obvious and I can easily differentiate recording quality easily. Some tracks, the vocals are forward, cos it's recorded like this, on some track it's not, the percussion is forward instead. The more layman way of notice the above quality is that the transparency in short. I don't feel the sound is directed in front of me flat, but with layers, and you can tell that if you liike to up the volume yet you don't feel "stress"
IMHO, Roxanne is not just number of driver update compare to the JH16pro fp, it's truly sound quality improvement in all aspect. Great job well done at JH audio.
Now, I just need to wait for better connector with alu nut, best is availability of DIY connector so I can change my cable. This IEM is so revealing that it will shows up stream deficiency, time to get a good DAP, I can't bring CLAS with ALO on MRT always, it looks like boom straping together with ipod (look like phone) lolz.
Frankly, I think ak240 is . Looks like a ipod that stick to a DAC/AMP combo and make a ugly case for it. Sell for 2.5k??????
and see a big hole in your pocket after taking off your pants at the end of the day :P
the sharp edge is 100% gonna create a big hole!
Edited by HalfBakedPotato - 2/12/14 at 6:19am
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 seconds ago
- › Megatron Electrostatic Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Damping Mechanical Resonance Distortion of STAX phones with... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Modding the Sennheiser pc350 headset 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 7 minutes ago
- › What's the punchline 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)