- 161 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is a new ear impression required for every custom IEM I buy? Last post on 5/7/14 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which CIEM is the most realistic and accurate with most details(most revealing)? Last post on 6/21/14 at 1:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Aftermarket cable for JH Roxanne? Last post on 4/7/14 at 1:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 242
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ironically, a piece of art you cannot see when you are wearing them - unless you keep looking at yourself in the mirror, which would be a bit mental. And nobody else will appreciate them, they'll just think you're wearing weird hearing aids. And you can't explain to them, especially not the price, because that will make you seem even more insane.
So I never understood the point of all these silly designs on customs - what's the point?
Agree, and as I mentioned sometime back after several years when your ear change much that you need to refit that piece of art will have to be broken apart and remolded. Anything other than SQ-related, socket and cable improvement is just pointless. Acrylic has already proven it is more than capable material for ciem purpose. CF doesn't provide justifiable/tangible improvement over acrylic except in your mind.
Update on my impression. When i first listen to my Roxanne, it's with ipod direct with compress 256k file and I notice very prominent rolloff high. Thus, I wipe off my ipod with fresh uncompress AIFF file, connect to CLAS DB, and ALO mk3, now high is airy and sparkle once again. On top, I can hear not just the music, but sense the ambiance of the recording. Depth of the recording is much more obvious and I can easily differentiate recording quality easily. Some tracks, the vocals are forward, cos it's recorded like this, on some track it's not, the percussion is forward instead. The more layman way of notice the above quality is that the transparency in short. I don't feel the sound is directed in front of me flat, but with layers, and you can tell that if you liike to up the volume yet you don't feel "stress"
IMHO, Roxanne is not just number of driver update compare to the JH16pro fp, it's truly sound quality improvement in all aspect. Great job well done at JH audio.
Now, I just need to wait for better connector with alu nut, best is availability of DIY connector so I can change my cable. This IEM is so revealing that it will shows up stream deficiency, time to get a good DAP, I can't bring CLAS with ALO on MRT always, it looks like boom straping together with ipod (look like phone) lolz.
Frankly, I think ak240 is . Looks like a ipod that stick to a DAC/AMP combo and make a ugly case for it. Sell for 2.5k??????
and see a big hole in your pocket after taking off your pants at the end of the day :P
the sharp edge is 100% gonna create a big hole!
Edited by HalfBakedPotato - 2/12/14 at 6:19am
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › high end iems not as "high end" as I thought? 12 seconds ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 35 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 43 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 2 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD439 review 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 4 minutes ago
- › Name our latest soon to be released product from ROCK JAW 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 6 minutes ago
- › HD800 + ? + ?: picking best DAC + amp for European based HD800... 6 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)