- 166 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 7:48 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH13 custom or Roxanne universal? Last post on 12/2/14 at 7:31am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: CIEMs Last post on 11/13/14 at 8:37am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 242
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Ironically, a piece of art you cannot see when you are wearing them - unless you keep looking at yourself in the mirror, which would be a bit mental. And nobody else will appreciate them, they'll just think you're wearing weird hearing aids. And you can't explain to them, especially not the price, because that will make you seem even more insane.
So I never understood the point of all these silly designs on customs - what's the point?
Agree, and as I mentioned sometime back after several years when your ear change much that you need to refit that piece of art will have to be broken apart and remolded. Anything other than SQ-related, socket and cable improvement is just pointless. Acrylic has already proven it is more than capable material for ciem purpose. CF doesn't provide justifiable/tangible improvement over acrylic except in your mind.
Update on my impression. When i first listen to my Roxanne, it's with ipod direct with compress 256k file and I notice very prominent rolloff high. Thus, I wipe off my ipod with fresh uncompress AIFF file, connect to CLAS DB, and ALO mk3, now high is airy and sparkle once again. On top, I can hear not just the music, but sense the ambiance of the recording. Depth of the recording is much more obvious and I can easily differentiate recording quality easily. Some tracks, the vocals are forward, cos it's recorded like this, on some track it's not, the percussion is forward instead. The more layman way of notice the above quality is that the transparency in short. I don't feel the sound is directed in front of me flat, but with layers, and you can tell that if you liike to up the volume yet you don't feel "stress"
IMHO, Roxanne is not just number of driver update compare to the JH16pro fp, it's truly sound quality improvement in all aspect. Great job well done at JH audio.
Now, I just need to wait for better connector with alu nut, best is availability of DIY connector so I can change my cable. This IEM is so revealing that it will shows up stream deficiency, time to get a good DAP, I can't bring CLAS with ALO on MRT always, it looks like boom straping together with ipod (look like phone) lolz.
Frankly, I think ak240 is . Looks like a ipod that stick to a DAC/AMP combo and make a ugly case for it. Sell for 2.5k??????
and see a big hole in your pocket after taking off your pants at the end of the day :P
the sharp edge is 100% gonna create a big hole!
Edited by HalfBakedPotato - 2/12/14 at 6:19am
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › DAC/Amp suggestions for Shure SE846 53 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 330 IEMs compared (Rock Jaw Alfa Genus added... 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Need Help with Amp Decision for LCD-3f before deployment 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Vali amp-Mint Condition 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 worth the upgrade over AKG K545? 6 minutes ago
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Iphone 5 compatible with fiio amps?
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3