- 178 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEMtagged by joe, 3/3/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by nightmancometh, 10/31/13
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Portable Nirvana Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs :D Last post on 2/28/15 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH 13 FP VS Roxanne Last post on 2/4/15 at 5:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom JH13 Freqphase IEM - do third party remolds affect sound signature? Last post on 1/21/15 at 4:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/26/15
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" - Page 242
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Ironically, a piece of art you cannot see when you are wearing them - unless you keep looking at yourself in the mirror, which would be a bit mental. And nobody else will appreciate them, they'll just think you're wearing weird hearing aids. And you can't explain to them, especially not the price, because that will make you seem even more insane.
So I never understood the point of all these silly designs on customs - what's the point?
Agree, and as I mentioned sometime back after several years when your ear change much that you need to refit that piece of art will have to be broken apart and remolded. Anything other than SQ-related, socket and cable improvement is just pointless. Acrylic has already proven it is more than capable material for ciem purpose. CF doesn't provide justifiable/tangible improvement over acrylic except in your mind.
Update on my impression. When i first listen to my Roxanne, it's with ipod direct with compress 256k file and I notice very prominent rolloff high. Thus, I wipe off my ipod with fresh uncompress AIFF file, connect to CLAS DB, and ALO mk3, now high is airy and sparkle once again. On top, I can hear not just the music, but sense the ambiance of the recording. Depth of the recording is much more obvious and I can easily differentiate recording quality easily. Some tracks, the vocals are forward, cos it's recorded like this, on some track it's not, the percussion is forward instead. The more layman way of notice the above quality is that the transparency in short. I don't feel the sound is directed in front of me flat, but with layers, and you can tell that if you liike to up the volume yet you don't feel "stress"
IMHO, Roxanne is not just number of driver update compare to the JH16pro fp, it's truly sound quality improvement in all aspect. Great job well done at JH audio.
Now, I just need to wait for better connector with alu nut, best is availability of DIY connector so I can change my cable. This IEM is so revealing that it will shows up stream deficiency, time to get a good DAP, I can't bring CLAS with ALO on MRT always, it looks like boom straping together with ipod (look like phone) lolz.
Frankly, I think ak240 is . Looks like a ipod that stick to a DAC/AMP combo and make a ugly case for it. Sell for 2.5k??????
and see a big hole in your pocket after taking off your pants at the end of the day :P
the sharp edge is 100% gonna create a big hole!
Edited by HalfBakedPotato - 2/12/14 at 6:19am
- New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne"
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › iOS multichannel DAC? 31 seconds ago
- › STAY AWAY from "CareyPrice31" 1 minute ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS: Exclusive Pre-Sale $150 Voucher, Video,... 3 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 4 minutes ago
- › Please may I have some advice for DT990 600OHM Premium 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2